Limited Skill implants?

Caroline

Provider
Society
NBK Delta Guard
Queen Caroline Moore
Take a look at the Login window:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Have i missed something? A new item or instant bug?

Read the VU news.

Normal skill implants dont exist anymore.

Empty skill implants now have a TT value upto 1250 ped. Existing Empty skill implants now have a TT value of 12.50 ped.
The "new" skill implants can hold skills according to their TT value.

Looking at that auction it seems the 12.50 ped can hold slightly more skills then the .99 ones so 12.50 ped skill implants should be worth around 105 ped now. Right??

it's new look at the VU 8.7 content list

Probably just a rename. Those are limited after all since you cant repair them.

Ouups, sry, found the answer here here ;)

im hoping the esi doesnt lose value , im sitting on 5 of them :(

Joe_Taxpayer said:
im hoping the esi doesnt lose value , im sitting on 5 of them :(

im sitting on more than that and I suspect they have lost all market value (u can buy them from TT now) but lets hope MA didnt fuck us. :rolleyes:

kygon said:
(u can buy them from TT now)

you should reread. nowhere says u can buy from tt.

kygon said:
im sitting on more than that and I suspect they have lost all market value (u can buy them from TT now) but lets hope MA didnt fuck us. :rolleyes:

:confused: How do you know that? I still cant login.

can you tell me where you see that you can buy em from tt? I cant find it.. but that sounds very very bad

oops bit slow in reaction ;)

But seeing the current chips on acution are worth 9.99, and the current ESI's are worth 12.5, it seems they can be filled more then the old ones

kygon said:

Hum. Don't think you can buy them from trade terminal... At least that's not
what i understand from the VU content listing.

Teilk said:
can you tell me where you see that you can buy em from tt? I cant find it.. but that sounds very very bad

from content list

"new Empty Skill Implants can now be found with TT values up to 1,250 PED"

"Skill Implants
Skill Implants have been revised.

In order to facilitate the transfer of considerably larger amounts of skills, new Empty Skill Implants can now be found with TT values up to 1,250 PED, the TT value being a measure of how much skill the implant can contain. Should you only partially fill an Empty Skill Implant, you will receive the remainder in a new Empty Skill Implant with the remaining value. If the remainder has a value below 10 PED you will receive PED directly.

In accordance with these changes, existing Empty Skill Implants now have a TT value of 12.5 PED and the TT value of existing Filled Skill Implants has been multiplied by 10. Empty skill specific implants are no longer available and existing implants have been replaced with Empty Skill Implants which can be used for any skill. "

still dont see it hehe, can you highlight it? ;)

"with tt value xxx" , and not "in trade terminal"...

Maybe I am blind.. but I am only reading that skill implants have been given a tt value relative to their skill capacity.

oops seems i misread it :laugh:

what it looks like is that you can loot ESIs in various TT amounts, which may end up driving the price up more for high TT ones as they will be capable of holding more skills on them. It also says that if ur skills dont fill up the esi, the remaining TT value unused will be transferred to another ESI.

EyeContact said:
Read the VU news.

Normal skill implants dont exist anymore.

Empty skill implants now have a TT value upto 1250 ped. Existing Empty skill implants now have a TT value of 12.50 ped.
The "new" skill implants can hold skills according to their TT value.

Looking at that auction it seems the 12.50 ped can hold slightly more skills then the .99 ones so 12.50 ped skill implants should be worth around 105 ped now. Right??

loool now not really any one can implant .. :((

looks like a definite move to conveniently chip in/out instead of filling up 31531950135 chips, then moving on from LWT to another skill :laugh:

dee said:
looks like a definite move to conveniently chip in/out instead of filling up 31531950135 chips, then moving on from LWT to another skill :laugh:

hum its a good part in that lol u can tt them :D

Coolies

This will make the old team hunts a bit fairer ;)

with the valuse changing also makes globals more lickley with the value

Will have to see how the market pans out for trasnferring them now too

A filled chip always was Limited, just wasn't stated as so.

Its not necesarily true that the new implants will hold more. My best guess would be that when you fill a 12.50 tt chip with skills, the resulting chip will have the same level of skills as an "old" esi... and the resulting tt value of the "full" chip will be 9.99 ped ;)

Proceeding with this hypotheses... the 1250tt chips will result int a 999tt chip when filled and will contain 100x the level of "old" skills. And result in a chip that will get you close to 10K levels for that skill ;)

Just my guess though :D we will see :D this is exciting

CareBear said:
Its not necesarily true that the new implants will hold more. My best guess would be that when you fill a 12.50 tt chip with skills, the resulting chip will have the same level of skills as an "old" esi... and the resulting tt value of the "full" chip will be 9.99 ped ;)

Proceeding with this hypotheses... the 1250tt chips will result int a 999tt chip when filled and will contain 100x the level of "old" skills. And result in a chip that will get you close to 10K levels for that skill ;)

wondering same thing ... would u be able to chip out/in 10000 lvl of skills with only one chip :confused:

combo22 said:
wondering same thing ... would u be able to chip out/in 10000 lvl of skills with only one chip :confused:

hmmm that would rule :)

chipping it out / in before would take about 100 ESIs that like 8000peds wasted

kygon said:

However, dont expect a 1250 ped ESI to be cheap. Might even be more expensive then 100 small ESIs, as it saves a lot of work.

kygon said:

Why wouldn't an esi that can hold what 100 old esi's could hold, sell for 100x the markup?

CareBear said:

If the "old" filled chips on auction are now 9.99 ped tt, then the new 12.5 ped tt chips would hold about 25% more skills, thus be worth about 25% more.

I think the ESI's will maintain their current value.

This is probobly something implemented from MA to make sure people that trade large ammount of skills dont have to buy 60-100 chips, when they can fit them in to one.

I rather think this will up the prices on chips a bit, since i think the droprate will decrease when bigger chips come in to play.

I'll hold on to the 10 i have in my storage for now, who knows.. Maybe they'll be worth 100 ped again soon.

Back