Listen to old Project Entropia tracks online!

Status
Does someone have the old "Hof Sound file" I managed to save the "Global sound file" before they changed the internal structure of EU. Please I so want that file. its a .wav file.

P.S. I have the global sound on my phone when I get text message =) but want to go big and change it to the Hof Sound

Does someone have the old "Hof Sound file" I managed to save the "Global sound file" before they changed the internal structure of EU. Please I so want that file. its a .wav file.

P.S. I have the global sound on my phone when I get text message =) but want to go big and change it to the HoF Sound

Mate, I got the HoF sound but not the global sound and couldn't find it anywhere. How about help each other so we both get it? :D

Listened to all, but couldn't find the global sound. Found only HoF sound.

I need them both

wich number does the hof sound have?

Thanks

Mate, I got the HoF sound but not the global sound and couldn't find it anywhere. How about help each other so we both get it? :D

yea I can send you the global sound on your mail and you can send the hof sound to me or something like that, drop me a PM with your mailadress and ill send it over to you.

back in the old PE game you could change out the song files so that instead of playing the default EU song, you could replace it with your own mp3 files. is it still possible? or did they change that long ago (probably). I used to have a mix of various trance songs and EU songs that I liked playing on my in game music instead of all the default ones I didn't much care for.

Anyone who knows if its the same guy who makes music today inside Mindark that has always done it? or if he was replaced at some point?. Because the style and sound is very different after a certain point in EU's History...

And yes i liked the old style much better. had more Sci fi to it :)
I think it would be a save bet that that is the case. I think FPC said they hired a new music producer but I cant locate that comment.

Great songs!
I actually play them separate on VLC while muting the ingame music for a better gaming experience :D
+rep!
Same here!!

Thanks for the songs NoBion, a lot better than what they have now is all I can say. WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT FPC?

Wow, I recently downloaded the music tracks you provided -
I am experiencing so much nostalgia right now,
it's amazing how music can allow you to remember memories so vividly :)
My favourite tracks are the "lost in space" esque track, and the one with the female dialect speaking pure gibberish
( I used to love that, our avatars speaking in gibberish whilst we were typing).
I LOVE YOU! I've been longing for this music for a while now, I certainly prefer it.

back in the old PE game you could change out the song files so that instead of playing the default EU song, you could replace it with your own mp3 files. is it still possible? or did they change that long ago (probably). I used to have a mix of various trance songs and EU songs that I liked playing on my in game music instead of all the default ones I didn't much care for.

Really it is possible ,because I dont find where sounds folder it;s located in EU folders ,or that isnt anymore stored in our files?

Really it is possible ,because I dont find where sounds folder it;s located in EU folders ,or that isnt anymore stored in our files?

it was possible, but i dont think so anymore, at least not so easily.

by the way. in case anyone might be interested in the actual quote from lost in space here is the script....

JUDY

A million strange stars and only one
wish. I wish we were home.

Don comes and sits in the co-pilot's chair beside her.

JUDY

I never thought a sky could look so
alien. ...We really are lost.

WEST

When the first sailors circled the
globe and saw a brand new sky, they
thought they had sailed off the edge
of the earth. But they were really
just around the corner.

JUDY

(smiles)

We just billow our sails and let the
wind blow us home, Is that it Major?

its a little different than the song, but you can look at the script on imdb...
http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Lost-in-Space.html

I don't know if anybody knows but the quote "I've never seen a sky look so alien!" and "So your saying we should just billow our sails and let the wind take us home? We really are lost ... aren't we..." are quotes from the movie "Lost in Space". My jaw dropped when I watched that movie again and she said these lines. :laugh:

Edit: Maybe that song was removed because of copyright issues with these quotes.

Thanks for letting me know. I have never seen the movie but now I have a good reason (I like that song).

And as most you you say, it was better music/tracks in PE.
Hmm what if we just are old and sentimental? :scratch2:

So,can anyone provide me the old global and hof sounds?

I miss how the avatars used to "calypso speak" whatever mumbling they used to do was cool
:laugh:

Me toooo "bla bla blaaabla bla blablabla blaaablabla...." hahahahaha, was great!!!

TNX for sharing! Sry for late , but + rep

Goddamn MA!!!
Finally took the time to download this shit. Played a few tunes, got goose bumps and understood right away why I have lost this magical feeling for PE for a very large part.

Man...
These old tunes...

What did you do? Bury this great musician ynderneath a rock just to save some money?

Goddamn!!!!!
Pay some $$$ here and there and bring back the MUSIC!!!

I am frickin' tired of listening to the same ~5 tunes over and over again. Hearing the same track playing 95% of times when I log in during the loading screen.

GOD DAMMIT, {removed}
I know it's about money, else you would have let this great music be part of our universe still!!
DAMN! Bring it back... pretty please.... please...

Last edited by a moderator:
haha nice words lol. i want the old PE music back toO!!!

When i unrar using 7zip a lot of the files dont work .. some get crc messages some dont want to play.. any idea whats that about ?

I have disabled the ingame music and use VLC to play these oldskool tunes in the background while playing :)

Flashbacks!

good job... need to post so I remmemba this post wen I be home...

I have disabled the ingame music and use VLC to play these oldskool tunes in the background while playing :)

Flashbacks!

What i've been doing since VU10 destroyed the original playlist.
Some from my old install that was'nt even in the playlist, but that I still like, Island Girl for example :)

I have often wondered why MA removed a lot of the tunes, to me the tunes was part of the experiance, of exploration when I was new, it went hand in hand with the landscape to, for some odd reason.

Lars should be credited with having his old tunes, re-introduced to entropia, to me it's blasphemy if they dont in the near future.

Absolute quality. Most of the good old ones better than the rubbish ingame these days.

Bring them back!

Personal favourites

470010 is the best easily though.

Last edited:
was listening to these on the work commute yesterday. whoever decide not to use these as the Calypso music should prob be fired. I am positive that theses tracks helped me in my decision to keep playing this game when I first started. They elicit a certain feeling lost abandonment that went exceptionally well with the Alien planet we arrived on. :wise:

Oh, forgot to add, the 3 songs I like best are the doo dahh dabley doo (gibberish talking one, with the female voice). 171384

The lost in space quoted one, A million strange stars...

And the one that has Starship Trooper quotes on (the part of the film, where he throws the knife through the guys hand) The first words and the last words, do you get me?, never in my life, do you think i'm funny etc. 494399 for those who have it.

Not to mention, Let there be light, the ultimate gangster.
And 591348, the arabesque sounding track.
And 591348, Entropia one.
The ones that played when you entered the beacons...

In fact, there all my favourite :)

With no doubt.

I remember the good feeling I had when I was new and were sweating back then. Listening to those soundtracks makes me not just think, but also feel the good old game I loved so much, PE!

Really good days. Bad graphic, but still beats this new "PE" with the fun we had back then.

i swear this song used to be part of the old Project Entripia soundtrack but i can't find it from the old files.

Am i nuts or does it remind anyone else?

Can't have heard that song before.. Never :D
Maybe before my time (2006)

i swear this song used to be part of the old Project Entripia soundtrack but i can't find it from the old files.

Am i nuts or does it remind anyone else?

I don't think so and I believe I know all the old school PE songs very well. Some sounds and instruments could be similar, tho.

Status
Back