Info: Longtime's IMK2 Hunting Log

Status
We already have a pretty good understanding that regular loots are based on damage done and therefore have a direct connection to dpp.

For example:
From my tests it matters on mobs without a multiplier; a normal Caperon young will loot 0.80-5.00ped no matter the dpp. So, Mindark is correct in that regard, dmg per pec will produce better loot in that regard. It's a question how globals/hofs are produced: if it is random or based on ped cycled etc. Personally, when using an ml35me+evil at 2.450 eco, my return rate was falling off a cliff one week: then I suddenly received 3 hofs in 5 malcs (magically back to 90%). Coincidence? maybe, such loots are so rare it's hard to test.

So then the question is, does the multiplier calculation algorithm (that generates "non-regular loots") depend on weapon stats or whether it is maxed, or simply something independent of those factors and "dynamic", like a sum of sines?

Yes, because the bolded is fact and statistics and not a personal assumption.

How hard can it be to understand, its in the dev notes, they actually tried to tell us what to do and not to do, but hey yet there is magic involved. Or has to be .. or .. tin foil hat.

MA dont decide much, they set a ecosystem to work and its self regulating in many areas, you really think MA personally sit down and decide day to day loot?

Beeing maxxed is better than not beeing maxxed, having good dpp is better than having shit dpp.

But there has to be mooooore.... Nope.

If loot is bad, dont hunt.

The thing is the dev notes you quoted clearly contradict something that a simple mathematical calculation shows us regarding dpp: that maxing DMG is far better for optimizing weapon dpp than maxing HIT. This is a proven fact--we can take HA and MIN_DMG and calculate exactly the average damage done per pec, and MIN_DMG (ie your Damage profession) is weighted far more than your (Hit) profession in this process.

So what this means is that either
  1. there is some magic "maxed weapon hit factor" in the multiplier calculation algorithm that affects overall return based on maxing HIT independent of any dpp calculations,
  2. there is some magic "maxed weapon factor" in the multiplier calculation algorithm that affects overall return based on maxing both HIT and DMG but that weights HIT over DMG, or
  3. the multiplier loot calculation algorithm has no dependence on your skill with the wapon and MA screwed up when describing HIT as being the biggest factor, instead of DMG.

IMO the latter is the most probable. It's exceedingly hard to test the first two because multiplier events (especially high ones) are so rare.

ETA: Note that this is independent of the question of whether the intrinsic weapon dpp feeds into the multiplier calculation algorithm, which is the real million dollar question.

If it does, then it could mean that weapon dpp is not important (or less important, or even more important... the point is it means that weapon dpp can't be taken at face value).

If it doesn't then dpp is a very important component to success in hunting. Period.

Would be nice if entropedia was a bit more advanced. It could allow for inputting mob, armor, evader level. Let you figure out average overkill, regen costs based on dps, average armor decay based on dps/mob type, etc.

Could give a more realistic idea of DPP and actually take into account various mobs instead of an unchanging value.

Part of the problem with some of these advanced calculations has been a shortage of data on things like exact mob max damage, ratio of damage types, speed, and regen rate. Completing these kinds of data will help a lot.

There also some errors embedded in entropedia that can hopefully be fixed.

Last edited:
Rebound continues.. 111.87% on 2.8K.. +315.86

Pushes month overall to 87.9%, and after MU to 90%.

10 hour grind (really 8.5).. using 40% skill boost 10 hours

Total Return: 4829.93
Total Cost: 4923.33
Plus/Minus: -93.4
TT %: 98.1%

Gained 60ped TT of skill

Did Songkra Valley/Khorum Coast mostly.. then did a final 1k run around Arkadia... up to that 1k run I was even.

Last edited:
MA saw your thread. Can't have imk2 owners getting bad loot. :yup:

Due to these beauties, the TT% and MU% return is back in line with the previous months.

5ea1c17380c03f9.jpg

9dfb09d0e93491b.jpg

Funny how that works. ;)

Funny how that works. ;)

What a coincidence! It must be that and not a system paying back for a bad period. Somebody call a rocket scientist!!!

Last edited:
What a coincidence! It must be that and not a system paying back for a bad period. Somebody call a rocket scientist!!!

Could also be the fact not many hunt that LA the same amount he does, so its more expected to see him get the payback.

Dont get me wrong, i see it aswell when i rebound back after a bad period, but that doesent mean my losses gets tracked.

Could also be the fact not many hunt that LA the same amount he does, so its more expected to see him get the payback.

Dont get me wrong, i see it aswell when i rebound back after a bad period, but that doesent mean my losses gets tracked.

I did also get a hof there. Guess that was my bounce back since I was down to 99% tt return at that time..

--//--

Grats!

Keep at it!

People do hunt it more than I do. So.. no.. that isn't it.

I'm still waiting for the rocket scientist! This is complicated shit :scratch2:

May, 2015

Total Cycled: 86,217.47 PED
Total Return: 78,244.92 PED
Base TT Plus/Minus: -7,972.55
Base TT %: 90.75%

Defensive Cost: 1.70%

$5 Rebate Program Rebates: 2,628.68 PED
Adjusted Plus/Minus: -5,343.86 PED
Adjusted TT%: 93.80%

Hunting Markup Earned: 2,359.89 PED
Best Loot: 303.5 PED Piron PLR-52 (L) (Songkra Valley)
Effective Plus/Minus: -2,983.97 PED
Effective TT%: 96.54%

Big Industries Hypercharged Weekly Reward Bonuses: 473 PED
Final Plus/Minus: -2,510.97 PED
Final Return%: 97.08%

Skills Earned (in TT): 961 PED

Auxilliary Data:
Skill Boosts: 122
Globals: 213
HOFs: 3
Highest HOF: 1530 Mutated Beladoth

Start Laser Hit: 70.41
Start Laser Dmg: 67.93
Start Evader: 46.05

End Laser Hit: 73.01
End Laser Dmg: 69.89
End Evader: 46.23

Tiers Achieved: None

Summary: The month started off very poorly. The first half of the cycling yielded 82-84% base returns. Hunting on Songkra Valley and Khorum Coast .. and particularly Arkadia allowed for the returns to get back to normal. I would be break even TT if I take Zombie Kong attempts and all Calypso hunting out of the equation. However, that has been the case for previous months as well. My lesson learned here is... avoid Calypso. Additionally, returns improved significantly when avoiding the use of damage enhancers.

Hmm.

You cycled 25% more than me roughly but had 50% more skillgains. Do you always use skillpills?

Your numbers at the end look nice when considering the shitty start of the month. June is going to be green. :yup:

No, not always. I don't use them anymore because right now, they aren't making much difference. High level, low cost to kill mobs like eviscerators yield more skill due to the kill strike bonuses. Unfortunately, eviscerators have no markup.

With the event going on this month, I'll need to hunt elsewhere. Don't need any more arguing about the event and such than I already have.

I need to formulate a new game plan for June. :)

With the event going on this month, I'll need to hunt elsewhere. Don't need any more arguing about the event and such than I already have.

I need to formulate a new game plan for June. :)

Sanctuary Cove has a reward program similiar to your own in case you are done with the missions.

Otherwise there are plenty of mobs on Ark untaxed. Don't go for Kamaldon or Yuka though, unless you want to grind for hour, after hour. Kamaldons are sub-50% returns until it starts raining multipliers.

Just don't go to Caly. In that case I will hunt you down, tie you up and drag you back to Ark,

Not interested in sanctuary cove. Their program was cut anyway.

I'll figure something out. You never realize how much you love an area or mob until you can't do it anymore.

Not interested in sanctuary cove. Their program was cut anyway.

I'll figure something out. You never realize how much you love an area or mob until you can't do it anymore.

I know how much you love your LA but maybe this should be the month you go work on the teladon missions if you haven't already done them. I think they drop some of the pirons (PLR-42 or PLR-47 :scratch2:) and some other decent stuff. Not over abundantly but still steadily enough that they make for decent grinding.

I know how much you love your LA but maybe this should be the month you go work on the teladon missions if you haven't already done them. I think they drop some of the pirons (PLR-42 or PLR-47 :scratch2:) and some other decent stuff. Not over abundantly but still steadily enough that they make for decent grinding.

Teladons do not offer anything for me mission wise and they aren't very good markup wise either.

Teladons do not offer anything for me mission wise and they aren't very good markup wise either.

Riptor?

Last three stages give alertness, evade and ird.. The full chain can probably be completed within a month.

I don't recall markup but if I am not mistakenit was decent. Drop some high markup weapons.

maybe. I was doing regular beladoths last night. Brought back old memories of the otorugi grind. 94ped of anatomy At the end.

But riptor may be better served because once the event is over.. I would be doing my own LA. If i am going to do small riptors, I'm going to need spawn of them by themselves.

Last edited:
maybe. I was doing regular beladoths last night. Brought back old memories of the otorugi grind. 94ped of anatomy At the end.

But riptor may be better served because once the event is over.. I would be doing my own LA. If i am going to do small riptors, I'm going to need spawn of them by themselves.

South and a bit east of Repulse FB (it's the one in the desert near the SE corner of 8 Coins). Small hadraada on the west side of the mountain and the riptor are starting around the trees and running over toward some old ruins to the east and up the mountain.

Eviscerators Stage 4 Completed

Total Cycled: 17,186.96 PED
Total Return: 15,718.25 PED
Base TT Plus/Minus: -1,468.71
Base TT %: 91.45%

Defensive Cost: 0.64% (Mod2600 + Adj. Musca)

Auxilliary Data:
Skill Boosts: 25
Globals: 36
HOFs: 0
Highest HOF: NA

End Laser Hit: 74.03
End Laser Dmg: 70.38
End Evader: 46.57

Tiers Achieved: None

Summary: No markup lameness. But at least I have gotten the rifle reward mission and I can go back to a proper planet.

Invested in a $3000 treadmill since my health has been declining last few years. Hoping to do something to change that at least in a small part.

So future posts will also include miles and calories burned.

I should get it in a few weeks. Also, upgraded to a HC204.

Invested in a $3000 treadmill since my health has been declining last few years. Hoping to do something to change that at least in a small part.

So future posts will also include miles and calories burned.

I should get it in a few weeks. Also, upgraded to a HC204.

3000$? Does it blow you while you walk on it?

Edit:

Good call though. Health is important, without it we can't play eu.... Whatever motivates you to get going is great. Just remember that it's a complete change of lifestyle and nothing temporary. I managed to lose enough weight at one point to go from obese to fit, now I'm back to heavy overweight again after a chain of fuck ups. Just haven't been able to find the motivation again. Good luck with that, running a public log helped me and it was the second I stopped that I went back on the wrong track again.

Last edited:
3000$? Does it blow you while you walk on it?

How did you know???

It is the Nordic track i15 incline. My wife and I will be using it and consider the use.. I needed something with parts that will last. We've had bad experiences with cheaper treadmills.

Status
Back