Help: Looking for 4 members, who could help me with creating new Society (temporary join it)

Nikto

Prowler
Society
I'm Freelancer
Vasil Nikto Pupkin
[not looking anymore] Looking for 4 members, who could help me with creating new Society (temporary join it)

Hello :)

I need a little help.

I'm tired of random invites to join Societies, so I finally decide to do, what I was thinking about 8 years ago - create my own society with only me inside it. :laugh:

So, I'm looking for 4 members, who could help me with creating new Society (temporary join it) to get out of pending state :)
As soon as "Pending for qualification" state will gone, I will remove you and close it from accepting new members. I helped friend to do same in past, it takes just around one week (not sure about now).

I wouldn't post it name here, since I don't need or plan to advertise it. If you are ready to help me, please just post here or PM me and I will PM you it name, so you could join it.

Thank's in advance for your help!

P.S. If you are looking for real Society, this offer not interesting for you, sorry :(

[6 of 4 found, not looking anymore. tyvm]

Last edited:
Umm thought you are required to have 5 members in a soc at all times or else it will get disbanded after 30 days even after the initial startup.

I remember running my own soc and after having 8 people for awhile some left and it fell below 5 and I would get messages that the soc would get disbanded in 30 days unless I recruited more members. I tried and then just let it die and disband. Since then been in a couple different societies.

Umm thought you are required to have 5 members in a soc at all times or else it will get disbanded after 30 days even after the initial startup.

I remember running my own soc and after having 8 people for awhile some left and it fell below 5 and I would get messages that the soc would get disbanded in 30 days unless I recruited more members. I tried and then just let it die and disband. Since then been in a couple different societies.

that is new to me. i was under the impression that after the initial period your soc can go under 5 and exist forever.

when was this - maybe MA changed it recently??

that is new to me. i was under the impression that after the initial period your soc can go under 5 and exist forever.

when was this - maybe MA changed it recently??

During 2011 tried to start a soc and just gave up on it after a couple months. People left and then I became freelancer after awhile again automatically.

Not really. My soc lost most of its members after VU10, people couldn't play on their hardware anymore; we didn't looked for new people and a year later removed everyone who haven't logged for a year. So after 2010 the soc never had more than 4 members and still exists :)

If you're right then the threshold is lower, like 3 maybe.

Last edited:
Nope, as far as I know.
There is some Societies, that exists since 2004 and contain exactly one person :)
So, after initial period, when it exit the pending stage you could have as few peoples inside as you want.

Don't want to name them here, but if you want, I could try to find the name and PM it to you.

Last edited:
Hello :)

I'm tired of random invites to join Societies, so I finally decide to do, what I was thinking about 8 years ago - create my own society with only me inside it. :laugh:

[0 found so far]

Hi Nikto and welcome to the world of distorted egos, where those who should make socs don't and those who do should not do.

Let me give you a clue. I made a soc of 2 people by asking ex-players to join so I could make a soc of 2. Me and my wife.

Manipulation? Yes.

Worth it? oh hell yes.

You will always get those random invites from nuts. Ignore them. If you ever get a decent idea of a soc together, speak to me.

Footnote to this.

I know a guy who made 3 societies from 1 avatar and each had some 25 -40 members in it.

This was when they had a sweatcap. So, this guy created some 100+ email and player accounts to fill out his societies.

So? was he in the wrong? not really imo. I still love this guy for his ability to to have so many emails etc:) He was ofc instrumental in ending the cap ban.

No, the issue here is this. What makes a soc?

OP, you need to hold on.

Let me give you a clue. I made a soc of 2 people by asking ex-players to join so I could make a soc of 2. Me and my wife.
Since I got zero PM's so far here, I decide message to peoples, whom I helped create a Soc in 2006. They still there, but most likely will leave it for a while to help me register new one. So, I hope "[0 found so far]" will turned in "[all 4 found]" at one go. :)

Waiting for reply from them now.

Last edited:
Since I got zero PM's so far here, I decide message to peoples, whom I helped create a Soc in 2006. They still there, but most likely will leave it for a while to help me register new one. So, I hope "[0 found so far]" will turned in "[all 4 found]" at one go. :)

I would consider any reply here as a PM.

You have to imagine people are afraid,and full of fear. They tend to join socs to have a sense of belonging.

Once you realise this, you get to know why they need YOU.

Once you get over this, you might enjoy the ride.

I would consider any reply here as a PM.
Well, we discussing here different questions, related to Socs.
But no one of those, who posted here, wrote, what he could do, what I was asking for in OP. :)

[6 of 4 found, not looking anymore. tyvm]

Got reply from them (4 joined) and 2 PM here, so I have 6 of 4 now :)
Tyvm to all!

This thread could be closed now or stayed open, as Moderators wish.

Last edited:
This thread could be closed now or stayed open, as Moderators wish.

please report back if your soc is able to stay alive even when you are the only one member left. maybe MA changed it once ~2011 as reported in a reply. so societies created prior are able to stay with 1 member, societies made later are bound to die when below a certain membership. such a change was not documented in any vu afaik (so, nothing new here :tongue2:).

gl anyway and have fun

please report back if your soc is able to stay alive even when you are the only one member left. maybe MA changed it once ~2011 as reported in a reply. so societies created prior are able to stay with 1 member, societies made later are bound to die when below a certain membership. such a change was not documented in any vu afaik (so, nothing new here :tongue2:).

gl anyway and have fun
Yep, will do :)
And I hope, what nothing changed really don't want to recreate Soc every month :eyecrazy:
Ty for wishes :)

Cya, GL and have fun as well!

Updated

As I promised, updating info, steffel asked for.

1) I found a lot of Soc's, registered in 2012 with less than 5 peoples inside.
2) I got system message "Your society has reached the minimum requirements needed to be qualified as an official society." very fast, in less than 7 hours. But peoples, who helped me to register, 5-8 years in game as well, also most of them skilled enough (medium HP etc), so that could be the reason of speed, but not sure.
3) I removed all, excluding me, info already updated in all Soc Terminals (for some reason it show different numbers in different terminals if you checking it in less than 24 hours). Soc still fine and I didn't got any warnings.

So, looks like all working as before and as intended. If something will change after 30 days (or before that), I will update info here.

Back