Help: Looking for advice

Widowmaker04

Dominant
Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Hello fellow miners!
I'm seeking some piece of advice as I'm having quite a hard time understanding actual mining.
I recently come back from a few months break and decided that hunting is no longer my thing and I'm proceeding into chipping out to regain some peds (lvl 83 BLP, lvl 50 evader, lvl 60 looter before starting chipping out, so it will take a while..)
Before taking the break I started amped mining (lvl 5 + DSEC L30) on ark and was working pretty well.
Now I'm back and after a couple of welcome-back hofs and one week of solid TT returns (99%) I'm experiencing quite a downshift.
I tried to mining again with L30 + lvl 5 but found a lot of trash triple dropping while before I was getting decent MU. I tried then playing differently and went unamped both with L30 and TerraMaster 6 both on caly and on ark, and sitting on a unpromising ~81% TT return.

If it helps I'm lvl 47 surv and 46-is prosp.

While mining unamped on Caly with TM6 TT was a bit better but found really tons of oil and lyst and tiny tiny amounts of rarer minerals.
Loot composition was generally better with L30 but TT was BAD.

I'm undecided if to go back on ark for a while and try again unamped but just double dropping (I think triple dropping to get some bismuth is not worth the hassle of finding Ks of TT-food) or try out RT as I've never mined there 🤔
Surely Caypso is not really working well for me.

Hope to get some expertise willing to help me decide! 😁

Last edited:
Atm the mining market is quite bad plain and simple. most of my mining buddies have reduced cycles by leaps and have stopped amping all together. I myself have stopped mining atm till i see the market in Halloween. RT has some very good spots if you can find them and have the courage to face a bit of tax at times. Ark has an event running till 17th where 8 coins is taxfree. take from that what you will. in my experience Ark is majority waved based for mining. if you can read the waves you can do amazing. I dont like Caly much either but with the upcoming Twen tokens id bet my claims here than on other planets cause even though MA includes other planets in Twen.....it has always been Caly centric. My advice wuld be cycle for rare ores like tridenite zand and redu. avg mu atm is bad in most servers. amping would prob just amp your losses atm. finder wise i have always stuck to dsec 30 and TM series. while ore comp has been diverse for my tracking, i have always been partial to dsec 30. the mu on dsec 30 is sometimes a factor for me.

TLDR:- Market bad......mine small and target rares.

Thx for your help guys, I appreciate it 👍🏻

Atm I'll be forced into a week break as I'll be travelling because of work.
Then I'll try again so unamped mining, maybe exploring a bit on RT. If it doesn't work will be going for erdo, dianthus and ignisium on ark.

Hey Widow, I'd advise having a good bankroll to survive the "Down-Times."

-Bunker

Hey Widow, I'd advise having a good bankroll to survive the "Down-Times."

-Bunker

Sitting on about 15k PED to cycle (+ some to keep going with the chipping-out procedure), was over 18 k before this downswing 🙄

Jade already mentioned it but i would add that aside from market there are a lot of problems with mining in general at the moment. sooto chances have been reduced a lot in the last months, there is a drop bug where one drop takes double the prob cost and times where the ressource deed spawn in inventory is very delayed, i had instances where i was shown i hit nothing and 30-60 seconds later a deed apeared while extracting somthing else. there where some more i experienced on ark related to server ressources but thos sem to have hapened only to me at that time similare to my 100days of 91% tt returns in a row :)

Jade already mentioned it but i would add that aside from market there are a lot of problems with mining in general at the moment. sooto chances have been reduced a lot in the last months, there is a drop bug where one drop takes double the prob cost and times where the ressource deed spawn in inventory is very delayed, i had instances where i was shown i hit nothing and 30-60 seconds later a deed apeared while extracting somthing else. there where some more i experienced on ark related to server ressources but thos sem to have hapened only to me at that time similare to my 100days of 91% tt returns in a row :)
Damn I haven't come across this before. Was this only happening on ark?

Hello fellow miners!
I'm seeking some piece of advice as I'm having quite a hard time understanding actual mining.
I recently come back from a few months break and decided that hunting is no longer my thing and I'm proceeding into chipping out to regain some peds (lvl 83 BLP, lvl 50 evader, lvl 60 looter before starting chipping out, so it will take a while..)
Before taking the break I started amped mining (lvl 5 + DSEC L30) on ark and was working pretty well.
Now I'm back and after a couple of welcome-back hofs and one week of solid TT returns (99%) I'm experiencing quite a downshift.
I tried to mining again with L30 + lvl 5 but found a lot of trash triple dropping while before I was getting decent MU. I tried then playing differently and went unamped both with L30 and TerraMaster 6 both on caly and on ark, and sitting on a unpromising ~81% TT return.

If it helps I'm lvl 47 surv and 46-is prosp.

While mining unamped on Caly with TM6 TT was a bit better but found really tons of oil and lyst and tiny tiny amounts of rarer minerals.
Loot composition was generally better with L30 but TT was BAD.

I'm undecided if to go back on ark for a while and try again unamped but just double dropping (I think triple dropping to get some bismuth is not worth the hassle of finding Ks of TT-food) or try out RT as I've never mined there 🤔
Surely Caypso is not really working well for me.

Hope to get some expertise willing to help me decide! 😁

Try the yellow zone on Caly.

the only thing exclusive to ark where the ressource bugs i had, the otheres have happend on ark, caly and rock. for the double cost it is to note that having probs and universall ammo in your inventory together makes it unclear which wil be used for some reason.

Damn I haven't come across this before. Was this only happening on ark?
from what i have heard, yes. i was on RT for quite some time and have not experienced this. i had a weird instance in Argus where the deeds were being excavated but the resources were not going into my inventory or storage . had to relog to fix it. Bugs galore😒.

Jade is correct, but market goes up and down. At down times you need to secure enough bankroll so you can store the things that can potentially go up in a few weeks or months. Doesn't mean you must scale down with amps, but it's one of the solutions if you do not have big enough bankroll to survive the hoarding time period.

At this moment we are in the double down period.
The HR is very low + the sales prices are very low.... and I'm mining with 22 different finders always unamped to maximize profit.
I am currently around 70-75% TT return (mining enm only at this time), so fewer runs to lose as little as possible.
Even if you mine for more expensive resources, you will have a hard time making up for your low TT return as the % are very low, so it is best to stock up and sell if the % return is acceptable.
And sorry to say, but skills do not matter in mining. They are only there to use a deeper finder and that's it.
I suggest a bankroll of 10K for enm only (unamped) + 10K for every level of amp you use and double this for ores to stock up and sell later.
Hope this helps and gl :)

Last edited:
Try the yellow zone on Caly.
Yeah, already tried non-lootable pvp, and even oil rig and the noob oil rig (good for kanerium there), TT was horrible as it is very over-mined at the hours I usually login.
Even tried shinook area, got a tiny little bit of ruga, garc and belk and a shit ton of garbage 😬

Last edited:
Back