Looking for Co-owners of New Moon!

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Hi

I and my investment group are looking for long term investors for the upcoming Moon auction.

As with the Medusa's Head investment group [1, 2] all investments will be secured through in game collateral to the extent possible.

Investments will be secured by either land area deeds or items (imk2s, mod mercs, etc).

Anyone interested please contact me here or ingame for more details.

Minimum investment size is 100k peds.

Last edited:
Sure, I'll hand over US$20,000 to someone I don't know, in exchange for in game collateral that has no 'real world' value... Not. :scratch2:

Sure, I'll hand over US$20,000 to someone I don't know, in exchange for in game collateral that has no 'real world' value... Not. :scratch2:

If you think that way, you can make same case about peds also as they're not actual $. They only become $ once they're converted back. Also, "real world value"? There is no such thing. Value of anything is based purely on perception and can go either up or down.

I really don't understand your post to be honest or where it's coming from. What's the problem if you get an item worth about the amount you invest!? You can convert it back to peds at a higher or lower market price depending on market conditions, in case things turn sour.

There's also risk involved for who's giving you the item(Akoz in this case). Say shares you buy fall in price below the value of the item you receive. You might be the one running with the peds and the other party may end up being the victim.

I am curious as to how this would be set up. I have the minimum of need funds ingame in CLD's.

I am curious as to how this would be set up. I have the minimum of need funds ingame in CLD's.

How exactly this is set up is decided by the investors together. I feel the Medusa's Head investment group is organized well and it is therefor used as a starting point for the Moon investment group.

For reference I quote a subset of our Medusa's Head rules:

Voting
§1.1 Any shareholder holding at least 1 share may call for a vote for any subject.
§1.2 Every share held gives one vote.
§1.3 Any vote is passed if more than 50% of the votes that are submitted before the deadline are in favor.
§1.4 No deadline can be shorter than 1 week (7 days).
Fund management
§2.1 The daily management of the fund is handled by the fund manager. This includes but is not limited to activities like bookkeeping, sales management and coordinating with event managers.
Operational profits and dividends
§4.1 Unless there is another purpose set aside for it, all operational profits will be paid out as dividends.
§4.2 Dividends are to be paid out once a month

All investors that have committed to the auction will get a share of the Moon even if their ped's wasn't required to win the auction. If 5 mill PED is collected and only 2 was required then everyone gets 60% of their initial cash back and gets a X/5M share in the moon where X is the amount of ped initially committed.

For the actual auction every investor will have 2 choices.
1) Let us use your money and bid as long as we have enough peds to bid with.
2) Bid until a certain limit, then put your money aside.

I would suggest that you all carefully consider how high you value this investment, and if there should be a limit. If you do not set a limit we could end up bidding it up much above what it is worth, and end up with a pretty bad buy.
I will have my own non-disclosed limit where I will pull my share. Feel free to set your limit to whatever mine is.

Finally let me just say that at this point there are still many unanswered questions about the auction and the estate. It is too early to make ROI calculations which also means it is too early to commit. If you are interested in joining us for this endeavor let me know as soon as possible though.

For questions about organization and managing please do not hesitate to PM me or write them here. Please note that I cannot answer income/ROI and max bid questions however.

Last edited:
I have gotten some questions regarding minimum investment size.

The primary reason for this limit is that I will not be able to offer collateral for sub-LA-value investments. If you would like to invest say 50k I am open for it, but then I will not have collateral for your investment.

I am also quite confident that we can gather sufficient funds while keeping amount of invested players relatively low to avoid overhead in administration.

When it comes to the initial forming of the group this is the point (other than collateral) that really sets us apart from Mercury's group. All investors that have committed to the auction will get a share of the Moon even if their ped's wasn't required to win the auction. If 5 mill PED is collected and only 2 was required then (as opposed to Star's group) everyone gets 60% of their initial cash back and gets a X/5M share in the moon where X is the amount of ped initially committed.

I'd like to request where I pointed out what my structure is to you in a thread or via PM? It isn't true. I do provide collateral as well, for investments greater than 10k. Anyone who invests IS included in the winning even if all money isn't used.

Since you seem to speak as though you know, I feel it is ok to post in your thread that this is not the case. Anyone who gives money is instantly installed as part of the team and will have a vote based upon contribution. I don't just return their share and kick out people who aren't needed. It will be as fair as possible, who would invest if it wasn't?

This investment won't succeed without OUT of game advertising. It isn't just another thing you can put your money into and live off the income received without doing anything effort wise. You need to advertise this for it to work.

I hope that the community realizes that I'd actually be on board with anyone who'd win and do what is best for EU (even after all the lies you've told me throughout the years). In this case, I don't feel you are the qualified/capable person for this task. If you have a plan in place by which to accomplish getting EU out to the masses, I'll step down and have NO interest in buying this Moon.

With as much as I have invested in EU to become the best player ingame, I can say that my livelihood hinges upon a venture such as this being successful. If this new moon is run by someone who doesn't take care of getting in new players, then the game itself fails. If this game is my job, then what's my work future look like?

What's your plan for getting players involved in EU? I have MANY plans. I hope you do too. Making a fast buck isn't what is needed, it is what MA has done for years in my opinion. I can say I'm guilty of it too at times and I doubt you can say you aren't.

Do you plan to better EU? If so, how?

I'd like to request where I pointed out what my structure is to you in a thread or via PM? It isn't true. I do provide collateral as well, for investments greater than 10k. Anyone who invests IS included in the winning even if all money isn't used.

Since you seem to speak as though you know, I feel it is ok to post in your thread that this is not the case. Anyone who gives money is instantly installed as part of the team and will have a vote based upon contribution. I don't just return their share and kick out people who aren't needed. It will be as fair as possible, who would invest if it wasn't?

My apologies for jumping to conclusions. I was assuming your model was the same as the one you announced and withdrew before the Medusa's auction, or was it the CP sale? I have no intention of misinforming and I have removed that line from my post.

I know we have had our disputes, and I don't think either of us are particularly fond of the other, but I do not think this is the arena to restart that fight.

I know very well what advertising Entropia is about, and I can tell you right now that it is not about putting a % of your income towards google ads, with a link referring to the signup page. Yes I do have several ideas on how to promote Entropia, and the moon. With this opertunity there is also finally an economical incentive to do so. I participated in the Entropia affilliate program and learned a lesson or two about that.

I will be glad to discuss the future of Entropia with you any time. You do have my contact info.

:smoke: and some :deal:
Could not resist, sorry.

One more question for OP.

Do you see a good chance that this investment could return substantially better than CLD's?

Do you see a good chance that this investment could return substantially better than CLD's?

He is selling 1k CLDs to raise money. What does that tell you?

He is selling 1k CLDs to raise money. What does that tell you?

Sorry, it tells only that he need liquid PEDs now, nothing more.

Sorry, it tells only that he need liquid PEDs now, nothing more.

They need to raise those peds for the specific purpose of buying this moon, not for buying more CLDs. :) Akoz is selling 1.5mil ped worth of CLD to invest in this moon. Squal from Akoz group is also selling 400+CLDs. This amounts to 2mil ped worth of CLDs from two investors in this fund.

Think they'd sell such big amount if they didn't believe this new estate would be more lucrative? You may not like the answer as a CLD owner(if you are one) but things are what they are.

They need to raise those peds for the specific purpose of buying this moon, not for buying more CLDs. :) Akoz is selling 1.5mil ped worth of CLD to invest in this moon. Squal from Akoz group is also selling 400+CLDs. This amounts to 2mil ped worth of CLDs from two investors in this fund.

Think they'd sell such big amount if they didn't believe this new estate would be more lucrative? You may not like the answer as a CLD owner(if you are one) but things are what they are.

Listen, this is simple different things. New investment have way more "control" than CLDs, it's not comparable things. Even in possible ROI, since CLDs can easily surpass ROI of Moon - but Moon have "larger field", I hope, you understand what I mean, thus - have better dividends.

Same stuff as compare CLDs with LAs. Different things. Someone may prefer stable "passive" return, someone other things, etc-etc-etc.

There is no "bad" or "good" ones, all shit is in one "basket", you know.

And yes, I had CLDs, half-year ago, maybe even more. Then just shifted to "active" investment as opportunity did appear, since from my POV (and from only my) - amount of CLDs less than 1k isn't good "passive" investment.

And if mammoths starting dump CLDs, it doesn't mean that Moon WILL BE better.

It is too early to say anything about that at this time. Once MA starts replying to questions about the moon the income aspect of it will hopefully be easier (yet far from easy!) to do some calculations on. The cost is of course completely in the blue except for it being at least 1,5 million PED.

If you want a relatively safe investment (In EU terms) I recommend sticking to CLDs.

Im looking for 150,000 USD investor in me. Meet me at twins and give the ped and i will buy the planet and give you 20 percent return over 5 years.:yay::woot::beerchug::deal:

Meh... I disagree. MA sold 6M U.S. worth of CLD's and no-one has a problem with the 35 cents/week U.S. return on their 100$ + investments. If players are happy with such shitty returns do you REALLY think they feel the need to offer up anything better?

Where LA's beat out CLD's is that they seem to be easier to sell when you want to liquidate.

Menace

Meh... I disagree. MA sold 6M U.S. worth of CLD's and no-one has a problem with the 35 cents/week U.S. return on their 100$ + investments. If players are happy with such shitty returns do you REALLY think they feel the need to offer up anything better?

Where LA's beat out CLD's is that they seem to be easier to sell when you want to liquidate.

Menace

Last time I looked at the info on my CLD's, it said a return of 24%. I WISH all my investments would have such a shitty return. :)

And the market for CLD's seems ok. I can't see anyone but the biggest holders of them to not being able to liquidate their holdings in a couple of weeks.

Sorry for OffTopic but need to address that little troll's comment...

If you call 18% annual ROI 'shitty', that means you are total noob regarding investments.
In fact CLDs prove to be better than that.

Menace

LOL do you think it's easier to sell something for 150k PED than something for 1200 ??
Get sober! CLDs will be always much easier to liquidate than LAs.

ok. we have the amount of people and peds we need. Thanks for the interest everyone!

Back