Looking for some beacon advice.

Snoogles

Guardian
Jonathan Snoogles Friedrich
Hey guys, Just looking for some beacon advice now that they're finally back! How hard are the various beacon missions and is there a lot that has changed? How many people does it take to do a 23 pedder? I'm really anxious to do one but I also don't wanna just jump into as I know before you kinda had to know exactly what you were getting yourself into beforehand. I did a search on the forums and found very little info. Thanks for any help guys!

It really depends on your skills how many people a 23 pedder takes.

I can see it easily being done by two people with decent dodge and guns larger than LR41.

If you want to do it quick and easy, 4 people could handle it without pause.

The layout is very different from old beacons. Try doing the free beacon on Jennifer's Island first. It can be done quickly solo with Opalo, but you need to be in a team at the time. And really it would be best to bring your team that will be doing the real beacon. This free beacon is very easy, but the layout is the same as the 23 ped beacon.

I would also like to mention that they are currently bugged in that they barly pay out any loot since the cost of the beacon is not factored into the loot pool of the beacon. There has been no official word as to weither or not it has been fixed yet.

~Danimal

I would also like to mention that they are currently bugged in that they barly pay out any loot since the cost of the beacon is not factored into the loot pool of the beacon. There has been no official word as to weither or not it has been fixed yet.

~Danimal

A very good point.

As I understand it, there is a minimun team size of 4.

I would also like to mention that they are currently bugged in that they barly pay out any loot

Bugged? Hmmm....no that sounds about normal :)

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into that before I go on any missions

MA only ever talk of TT values, and the loot shortfall is reported to be several hundred Ped, so there is clearly something else wrong in addition to the Beacon value not being included.

We're now into the 4th week of January, maybe some bugs will get fixed this week.

MA only ever talk of TT values, and the loot shortfall is reported to be several hundred Ped, so there is clearly something else wrong in addition to the Beacon value not being included.
Exactly 23ped or 35ped does absolutely nothing to the return so that's just bs, there is something else or they did not expect people to be this upset about almost everything surrounding these new "beacons"

Back to the question, you dont need to be very skilled at all or alot of people or even teamwork anymore.

if you can kill 210-240 Drone Gen01 in 30 min or less you can do a 23peds "beacon" (sure there are larger ones but if you can take down Gen01 I guess you can take gen03 too)

And as others said do the freebie at my island first as it's exactly the same layout and everything so all you need to bring to the real "beacon" is lot of more ammo and some armor

23 pedders are pretty easy... we did it in 4 peoples and had plenty of time to loot all boxes... I suggest to stay away from it though, we lost about 220 peds including markup, that's a lot for 30 mins of fun.

And as others said do the freebie at my island first as it's exactly the same layout and everything so all you need to bring to the real "beacon" is lot of more ammo and some armor

I tried to take a new soc member to this one to show him the new layouts and extras but it wouldn't let us in. Not sure if it was something I did wrong or if the place just wasn't having it :)

Back