Looking For Space Fairing Society

HyperionXL

Mature
Lynx Li Ion
I'm straight out of Eve and I love space in general.

I'm looking for a society (nearly typed corp there) that can hand hold me through the basics of space. Looking for active PvE and PvP from time to time. Some planetside PvP from time to time would be nice, too. I'm willing to invest what I need to to get into space (already have a sleip, but ready for a Quad).

In game I am Lynx Li Ion, or you can PM me for personal contact info.

I'm going to be the first and just tell you straight up that there isn't any space PVP to speak of. There are pirates and there are other players. If you're a pirate, then you ruin your in-game reputation permanently. Space PVP involves pirates camping the safe zones and following unsuspecting noobs out to space where they loot anything they forgot to take out of their inventory. Quads can't be upgraded, nor can you shoot backwards, and pirates often use other cheats as well so there really isn't any "fight". As for fighting back, ammo is too expensive. This is the main deterrent to space PVP. So... you will probably want to give up your visions of epic space battles until Mindark makes some drastic changes to space. There is a VU scheduled for February so you never know, maybe there will be changes to space this time (I've been saying that for a long time, though!).

talk to some mothership captains. Some of them might be wanting more crew members. ;)

I'm going to be the first and just tell you straight up that there isn't any space PVP to speak of. There are pirates and there are other players. If you're a pirate, then you ruin your in-game reputation permanently. Space PVP involves pirates camping the safe zones and following unsuspecting noobs out to space where they loot anything they forgot to take out of their inventory. Quads can't be upgraded, nor can you shoot backwards, and pirates often use other cheats as well so there really isn't any "fight". As for fighting back, ammo is too expensive. This is the main deterrent to space PVP. So... you will probably want to give up your visions of epic space battles until Mindark makes some drastic changes to space. There is a VU scheduled for February so you never know, maybe there will be changes to space this time (I've been saying that for a long time, though!).

i'm so agree..

There was a news item very recently about a huge space battle in that game. From the description given I can safely say that EU doesn't come close. Apart from anything else, there are just not that many major ships in existence, even if you count both Motherships and privateers together.

Without wanting to ruin the OP's excitement - if you want space battles you are probably best off staying with eve. Even the pirates in this game seem fed up with space atm

There was a news item very recently about a huge space battle in that game. From the description given I can safely say that EU doesn't come close. Apart from anything else, there are just not that many major ships in existence, even if you count both Motherships and privateers together.

I have now seen a video of part of that battle. I think the OP will feel let down by Space in EU!

Back