Looks like I wont be back after all. MA thinks I'm someone else.

E.K.x

Prowler
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pudding EKx Leash
Ok, let me start from the beginning. I decided to come back to EU and start playing again, at least till I leave for the USA in November. However I couldn't for the life of me find my gold card reader. After a few days of looking I send in a support case to have it removed. It says on the website to include a copy of a valid ID, so I took picture of my passport, along with my gold and GC number visible alongside it. Below is the support case transcript.

2012-08-01 05:02 You wrote:

Hi there, I've tried to find my reader after being out of Entropia for some time, however I cannot. As procedure states, here is a photo of my current ID (passport). I've included in the photo the gold card, for further evidence :)

I will probably buy another gold card completely, one I get back into the Entropia Universe game, but may wait to see if I'll be back for good first :)

Looking forward to logging in :)

Josh

2012-08-01 14:25 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for the update. We are sorry to hear that you have lost your reader. Unfortunately we did not receive the file, please upload it again via this secure site https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/sf/ and let us know when it's done.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

2012-08-01 22:26 You wrote:

It's been uploaded again

2012-08-02 19:49 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I am sorry but the information from the ID does not match the account information, in order to update your account i must ask you to follow this steps.

In order to update the account holder's name, we kindly ask you to fill out and sign this special request form and send it to us:

http://account.entropiauniverse.com...rt/Account_Holder_Information_Update_Form.pdf

Together with the following documents:

- Front and back color copies of a current and valid photo ID, where all four corners are visible, and your full name, a document number, and your date of birth are clearly shown (e.g. Driver's License, Passport or National Identification Card).

- a copy of a utility bill or financial statement, issued within the past 90 days, that matches the address on both your id and Entropia Universe Account and shows your full name. Please also note that we cannot accept images of online statements - all documents must have been physically printed by the issuing institution and all four corners must be visible.

Please send the complete documentation to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
Attn: Support Dept.
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

In order to guarantee the security and validity of each request, we will perform a number of internal control checks. In the interest of preventing fraud, these checks will not be revealed, but will in no way violate the Privacy Policy already in place. If these internal checks are not fulfilled, your account information cannot be updated.
As all requests are processed manually, we appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,
Owen | Planet Calypso Support

2012-08-03 01:01 You wrote:

This IS the information that is on the account, I know this because I've paid the BILLS for all the currency I've purchased in the past 3 years. The only difference may be that my christian name is not given, instead my second name of CHANGED is. This doesn't make me another person.

I've already waited for days on these support cases and you now want me to MAIL you a big package of all my identification. It's funny how you don't ask for this when i pour almost $10,000 into the game and my account.

This is completely ridiculous. Both credit cards that have been on the account both in the past and now are in my christian name, but this shouldn't matter, as BOTH NAMES are visible on my passport. A picture with this AND the gold card should be enough, not to mention knowing the username and password to submit a support case....

So, obviously even if I do send in all these extra ID, it's not going to change who I am, it's all going to have the same name on it as my passport...So I'm basically screwed because I used my second name on my EU account, where my christian name had to be. It's rather common to use your second name in place of your christian name in many countries...

I'm at a loss, unless MA do decide I am Pudding EKx Leash and remove my gold card. The other option is I find the reader! So that's what I'm spending the day still searching for.

Wow, I think a Martian from Mars would not need this much to prove he is an American lol. Seems a bit rediculous to me but, hope the best to you.

MA have never had the most competent support staff. Best to try and get them on the phone and see if you can work things out. Good luck!

You have to submit the information in the way that they asked for it... you submitted a picture taken of your passport. Instead of doing that again, make a photo copy of it alongside your cards linked to the account with all the digits blotted out except for the last 6 digits of your card number.

I've had to update my credentials in the past and it was a painless process for me because I submitted the information in exactly the way they asked for it the first time..

~Danimal

I'm at a loss, unless MA do decide I am Pudding EKx Leash and remove my gold card. The other option is I find the reader!

Why don't you simply tell them to send you a new gold card reader?
This has been done before already.

(btw, i can understand the confusion with the names a bit, it sounds like the account was made by i.e. your brother - still no f**king reason to act like they do.)

sorry to hear.

it might be of no direct help right now but that can have to do with mindark having changed to a bank once and back. in europe are strictly rules for financial institutes in terms of money laundering. customers must be filed with their complete names to make it possible to prevent access of different persons as well as opening of several bank accounts under different part of names.

thats why they ask for these details " all 4 corners" etc.

i hope you find your reader man.

but i would send them all papers to get your entries up to date also.

greets,

Last edited:
In OZ, and have a spare Reader

Hey mate,

Give me a message via PM, I am in Australia, and have a spare card reader. Might be able to get you going again until you can order a new one.

Regards,

Dakin

Ok, one thing i don't get, why didn't you just order new reader? Why all these complications?

Ok, one thing i don't get, why didn't you just order new reader? Why all these complications?

Yes, I was wondering that myself too... but I think it is complicated because it won't let him order one without proper credentials? Or he was maybe just trying to avoid ordering one because he didn't know if he would play longer than a day/week and wanted to de-link the card to try it out again....

~Danimal

Hey mate,

Give me a message via PM, I am in Australia, and have a spare card reader. Might be able to get you going again until you can order a new one.

Regards,

Dakin

yay initiative :)

Just get the new reader, or borrow a friends reader. It's just the card that is unique.

Thanks guys, I've put forward an order for a new reader. However I am unable to confirm my address as I can't view my info without logging in with a gold card - so here's hoping I updated my address in the last few months..

Should it not work out I will definitely send this nice Aussie a PM and take up his offer, so very kind! Many thanks!

So in short - you're pissed off that MA is protecting your account too much?

Yes, bad MA. :scratch2:

So in short - you're pissed off that MA is protecting your account too much?

Yes, bad MA. :scratch2:

Agreed. I'd be happy if they didn't just give my stuff to someone who appears to have the same info.
For instance, I know there is another Dutch guy, same name, same place of birth, but a different year... happy he can't take my stuff (if he would want to, of course)

Wow, I think a Martian from Mars would not need this much to prove he is an American lol. Seems a bit rediculous to me but, hope the best to you.

A martian from mars... are there any other martians?

All of this would never have happend if you werent a christian!!!

Back