Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Preddy

Old
Society
University
Preddy Kuchiki
During the trips that I've taken around Calypso these few last days, I've observed a mismatch of the mob vs avatar speed from the pre-VU. The mobs that could be easily outrun on VU9 are now slowly eating away the health points from the back. Some people I know even have trouble exploring because of the new speeds.

So .... Either the mob speed has increased or avatar speed decreased.

> On one hand, it'd be easy to explain the decrease in avatar movement speed through implementation of the new dynamic running style, which makes us move more vividly, but also stop for short moments as we face bumps or start running down the hill.

> On the otehr hand, I've observed that not all mobs are that fast. Soem are actually as fast as pre-VU and are no threat. So it could really be most mobs with few exceptions, who have gotten speed-up. As they also tend to land successfull hits more and miss much less .... it might be part of a wide power-up.

What are your observations about speed? Please share them with others.

use to outrun atrox young but i cant now

It looks like, when running downhill, that the same amount of ground is covered as when running on flat ground, only the ground is leaning - meaning you don't cover one meter on the coordinate system, but in your vector of movement...

About mobs, I haven't yet noticed.

I can't outrun even the smallest mobs like I used to.

I can't outrun even the smallest mobs like I used to.

That's exactly the problem that made me notice this issue. Being done on by Exa Mature was unexpected.

More than just the speed has changed.

Its seems the hole rythem of the game has changed.

Mobs I used to have no problems on eg;fefs no armor, I now have to armor up for or fap more often.

I regularly hunt with same ppl and we used to able to get certain mobs to be constantly distracted and take minumal dmg due to our shot rythem but now it has changed, the attack speeds and so fort are different.

But 5 years of intence evolution will do that:):)

Ya, notice bristlehogs are much slower now compared to their lightning speed in the previous version. This change in speed is the most noticeable. You should be able to outrun most of them now.

Agree some mob are faster, but have also noticed one or two that are slower.
I ran into the Falax and spiders west of the Oyster tp and they were not hitting me as often, for less dmg and am sure they were not as fast as they used to be...was able to run falax into water a live (more than once)...pre VU10 would have died. Having said this though. I think that they will hit harder and be faster again once our tp chips work again.
Noticed corn was ctaching up to me, where they were easy to out run prior.
Agree with down hill coment, its almost as if breaks are put on so that you dont fall flat on your face...be kinda like RL...if you went full pelt you prob end up on your arse. So you brace yourself and slow down..
my two pecs...GL have fun and enjoy the discovery..

Indica Undertone Augen :)

Used to easily outrun Atrox young, now a Combibo Young will kill me if I can't get to water or a turret.

I have noticed I had an easier time knocking down Letomie, as it didn't hit so hard (although that could just be buggy armour), and mobs have a random pause before charging at you (though this could be lag in the AI system on the server) which gives you more time to put rounds into them before they get close.

Some still seem quite similar - Hogglo charge around, and Globster can be outrun provided you don't go uphill.

Avatar movement feels slower but I think that is because we can now see a lot further, so your perception is changed (as the distant mountains don't move much) whilst you still move much the same speed.

Interesting times indeed :)

- Deathifier

Avatar movement feels slower but I think that is because we can now see a lot further, so your perception is changed (as the distant mountains don't move much) whilst you still move much the same speed.

Interesting times indeed :)

Yes .... The "feel" has changed and the optical preception makes it look slow. However you can't argue that if you race with a ... *looks at the previous posts* ... Artrox Young pre-VU and now, you can notice a slight disadvantage we have now on them.

Also .... It looks like others have noticed the obvious increase in successfull hits. Earlier I could stand for minutes in front of Exas explaining the new players the hunt and sweat gathering, now I get killed in a minute.

hit some tez nrth o switz, mmm speed change oh yer they move fast

I feel like i have a slower running speed, but maybe i am just imagine that.

Back