Loot 2.0 killed the game

Nyhm

Old
Ever since you guys made it impossible to farm for items without using a credit card, it's gone downhill.

Back in 2010 people had hope of getting a nice UL item or some nice item in general that would help them progress in this game. now it is literally impossible to do that.

I already know the trolls are going to jump in here and be like I get ul items all the time but literally nobody is getting them hate to break it to you but nobody is getting these items except for like one out of a million globals.

We need a new loot patch that encourages people to farm for items. This is literally a game essentially that has no progression or no grinding outside of using a debit card.

I don't understand how this could have gone on literally for this long it blows my mind. It's obvious they knew that people were leaving the game after this loot patch but they never changed it, it's ridiculous. A UI update isn't going to help draw people in because people are pissed that they can't farm for items and that they basically have to spend $1,000 to get anything good.

no.

ep4 crafting killed the game.

margins for profitable players have been shrinking closer to net-zero ever since. there is no more carrot at the end of the stick because MA broke the reliance-based economy.

no.

ep4 crafting killed the game.

margins for profitable players have been shrinking closer to net-zero ever since. there is no more carrot at the end of the stick because MA broke the reliance-based economy.
The only thing that changed was the loot patch quite literally immediately following the loot patch people started quitting because they couldn't farm ul items

Loot 2.0 literally changed nothing as far as looting any UL items. But it did make it harder to profit even with the most eco set ups. As there is no such thing as tt profit anymore with high crit set ups.

Loot 2.0 literally changed nothing as far as looting any UL items. But it did make it harder to profit even with the most eco set ups. As there is no such thing as tt profit anymore with high crit set ups.
I'm actually happy they made that change because it would have just made it more powerful to have more money in this game to be honest with you as far as the crit setups go. But ul items dropped way more frequently beforehand. The point is is that the current loot patch is terrible because you can't progress your character literally at all.

Eventually you're just going to hit the point I met and if you can't deposit over $1,000 or more you can't progress. And you can't progress because you have no chance of farming Argonauts for a UL item that will progress your character lol

Eventually you're just going to hit the point I met and if you can't deposit over $1,000 or more you can't progress. And you can't progress because you have no chance of farming Argonauts for a UL item that will progress your character lol
This isn't true. theres quite a few non or low depoers who have profited quite well off of small mobs and worked their way up.

This isn't true. theres quite a few non or low depoers who have profited quite well off of small mobs and worked their way up.
I already know the trolls are going to jump in here and be like I get ul items all the time but literally nobody is getting them hate to break it to you but nobody is getting these items except for like one out of a million globals.

We need a new loot patch that encourages people to farm for items. This is literally a game essentially that has no progression or no grinding outside of using a debit card.

First of all, the game is not dead. What loot 2.0 did was make it harder to profit by virtue of an eco setup on its own. Plus, the bar was set higher for being able to counter tt losses with mu gains for medium players, thus went out of reach for many in terms of progression.

For lower players, mu and profitability is still often there, but you have to slow waaaaay down, which slows the progression towards the medium point where many players hit the hard point now anyway.

It does seem to be impossible to ride a wave of any decent speed without having to invest, so natural progression at a meaningful rate does indeed seem to be dead, but that's not the same as a dead game. But we do need change to get turnovers by people up again I think, yes.

You don't need UL items to progress your character.

There is a perfectly good cycle for (L) weaponry that will always have you running the top DPS with ~70% Efficiency and decent DPP.
There are UL Armor missions on almost every planet that you can literally hunt to obtain.
Mayhem, 2600/2350 FAPS and Restoration Chips can be obtained via hunting.

Spend a year preparing then go hard the next year and you'll be uber hunter and have looted or pulled an endgame UL weapon from vendors by then.

Now you can go harder the following year since you have better Efficiency and your rake to the system is lower thereby allowing you to profit slightly more on loot you sell from the 7-12 Million PED you cycle.

Then you can roll those profits into buying gear instead of collecting it.

There are still lots of carrots to chase. It's literally all this game is... a game of minimizing the rake you pay, maximizing the markup you sell while chasing carrots and along the way hope to find one of those one in a million UL item loot drops that puts you far into the green because some other player with deep pockets, listens to speculators and hasn't run the math decides to buy it from you at a ridiculous price you set while posting about it here on the forum.

Ever since you guys made it impossible to farm for items without using a credit card, it's gone downhill.

Back in 2010 people had hope of getting a nice UL item or some nice item in general that would help them progress in this game. now it is literally impossible to do that.

I don't understand how this could have gone on literally for this long it blows my mind. It's obvious they knew that people were leaving the game after this loot patch but they never changed it, it's ridiculous. A UI update isn't going to help draw people in because people are pissed that they can't farm for items and that they basically have to spend $1,000 to get anything good.
Since you know how shit works , can you please tell me what will happen if they actually start dropping items left and right?
Am clueless but I'd assume their markup would crash making them lose the high markup that's appealing to you.

Since you know how shit works , can you please tell me what will happen if they actually start dropping items left and right?
Am clueless but I'd assume their markup would crash making them lose the high markup that's appealing to you.
The only thing with high mu is the ul items sadly the mu is unrealistic. You can't run a game strictly off whales it will never work and that's basically what they are trying to do for almost a decade and now look at the state the game is in basically dead. It wouldn't crash as long as there's good variation between all the weapons and armor and stuff

You don't need UL items to progress your character.

There is a perfectly good cycle for (L) weaponry that will always have you running the top DPS with ~70% Efficiency and decent DPP.
There are UL Armor missions on almost every planet that you can literally hunt to obtain.
Mayhem, 2600/2350 FAPS and Restoration Chips can be obtained via hunting.

Spend a year preparing then go hard the next year and you'll be uber hunter and have looted or pulled an endgame UL weapon from vendors by then.

Now you can go harder the following year since you have better Efficiency and your rake to the system is lower thereby allowing you to profit slightly more on loot you sell from the 7-12 Million PED you cycle.

Then you can roll those profits into buying gear instead of collecting it.

There are still lots of carrots to chase. It's literally all this game is... a game of minimizing the rake you pay, maximizing the markup you sell while chasing carrots and along the way hope to find one of those one in a million UL item loot drops that puts you far into the green because some other player with deep pockets, listens to speculators and hasn't run the math decides to buy it from you at a ridiculous price you set while posting about it here on the forum.
Apparently nobody's done the math except for me on how much it costs to do a mayhem versus how many you need to do to get an item. It is significantly cheaper to just buy the item outright and the items literally cost $500 or more and it's significantly cheaper to buy them that way

The hard truth to accept is that PE is free to play, but pay to win.
Yeah, is unfortunate. But this is literally what everybody I know says that played this game is that they want it to be possible to farm for items you can't progress I mean there's literally no progression.

Unfortunately there's only Fanboys and trolls on the forums and I feel like nothing's getting done because of these people's poor attitudes. The people that do have good recommendations come on here and just get bullied out basically by the trolls it's ridiculous like I'm a grown ass man you're not going to treat me like that.

Apparently nobody's done the math except for me on how much it costs to do a mayhem versus how many you need to do to get an item. It is significantly cheaper to just buy the item outright and the items literally cost $500 or more and it's significantly cheaper to buy them that way
Then skip steps to cycling with one of those end game weapons and make profits while being at the forefront of the new content being released.

That's all this is. There is no real endgame. Make your own goal, like being the first to withdraw $1 Billion PED from the game.

...or log off and challenge yourself in real life.

You can make bank playing the market... Or reselling.. then upgrade gear for progression while skilling on low level mobs between..

The only thing with high mu is the ul items sadly the mu is unrealistic. You can't run a game strictly off whales it will never work and that's basically what they are trying to do for almost a decade and now look at the state the game is in basically dead. It wouldn't crash as long as there's good variation between all the weapons and armor and stuff
This is so wrong it hurts 🤕

please restock lp70 twen
Now now...wouldn't want to drop that mu and make things more affordable vs having people deposit a unrealistic amount of money to buy it. Remember the cost of armor to so you can kill the right mobs with it.

That's called relying on rare luck to succeed. That's not how most people succeed in this game, nor in real life.

Now you can also dismiss me as a troll and continue on thinking you are right.

That's called relying on rare luck to succeed. That's not how most people succeed in this game, nor in real life.

Now you can also dismiss me as a troll and continue on thinking you are right.
No it was a different loot system the ul items where less rare...as a drop...

Don’t believe everything you are told.

2.0 has made the game more predictable and easier to create a plan to win, but you need to be wise and have bankroll.

You shouldn’t be able to make ped with low skills, not how the game is set up currently and rightly so.

Invest in your avatar

(Unless you trade - but then you need to deposit big to see any margin and that’s nothing to do with 2.0)

Last edited:
I disagree on this , or better i call it Bullshit outright.
i am a Theorycrafter since i played my first MMO... i have about 20 excel sheets on entropia, with formulas for craft and for total return
Winter 20203 mayhem offered a FREE skill progress chance for everyone
1. Twen tokens were in the 0.40 ped each
2. selling Mayhem token was 0.3 ped each
3. selling Winter boxes was 0.35 ped each
i was SADLY working but i killed 160.000 point of mayhem cat 1 naked with arcspark (1.0 item) to skill knife and a GBP35+Beast (1.0 pistol) and random 105% AH pistols for higher dps (my UL was a BP20 available that was too slow)
i closed mayhem with 2.500 ped MU cashed in against start, i sold all my tokens, all boxes, i had NO item drop but an (l) armor piece that was 25 ped mu.
mayhems are the ONLY interesting events, that is why we had 4500 active globallers on entropialife now we got 3650.

other arguments are false and delusionary too... a UL drop was never a way to profit, due to the extreme rarity of drop excluding the 300 ped ones all across the board. moreover, your account seems 2019, and 2.0 was 2017, it seems strange that you can make a comparison.
anyway if yuou read carefully some OLD posts from top gamers, 1.0 had a flaw, as you passed 3.20 DPP or so it was leading to over ammo loot and MA realized that some players were "Milking the house" so changed the system. now you cant beat the house who calls over TT return has a dataset that is not large enough. it is not possible. keep reading EVE huntign series, i had a preview on values (TY mate) and it will be an enlightment for all)

Third point is game MU distribution that is not linear for level and power. puny and low level monster are providing some MU to get people involved, and it is enough to be collected with a LOW looter stats. a level 60 looter player killing puny simply reloads ped card but lowers cycle to progress.
Game again returns MU as you have access to BRAIN OIL, output components (rex, falx, spiders) and those require 150+dps to be effective in providing large number of loot events.
Mid level players (50 to 78 level) have a CAP on firepower YES IT IS BY DESIGN, you can only break the ceiling iwth X5 and Genesis Claw the first need more ammo due to lower eff the latter does not provide recycle of shraps.
after level 80 more option to increase power arrive.

ONLY over 130 (i want to reach that as anyone else) DPP and DPS are maxed with relative low cost (lp120 offer insane stat and who does not think to adding attackment to reach 75+eff at amaxing DPP is considering it wrong. a lp120 cost as much as a M83 predator with 130% better stats as an example.

So many points in your OP are delusionary, and it is usual WOKE post we see from low cycle gamers.

TT-Loss is unavoidable, and its transfer is the key to success... the real problem is "there is few chances to transfer loss to other gamers", on this i can agree. but i dont kill robots hoping for a M83 to resale, i kill them to get analysis from codex, craft mountings with robot grips, amps with focus lenses, selling some socket 3...7 to enhancer crafters... small gains, to skill for free is the goal, not a large one to restock monthly losses, that is gambling.

Skill to 100 looter and 100 evader is the goal, after that the limit is to find opportunity
(or just kill RDI, get costant flow of gems to sell...... it can be done with a viceroy and a thunderbird it is not endgame content at level A1 just need attention not to die in coliseum)

At this point im still convinced that some people will never understand why it should take 5 years to progress to low mid tier now compared to took 5 months to progress low mid tier back then if you dont swipe. Keep those negative comments flow

Don’t believe everything you are told.

2.0 has made the game more predictable and easier to create a plan to win, but you need to be wise and have bankroll.

You shouldn’t be able to make ped with low skills, not how the game is set up currently and rightly so.

Invest in your avatar

(Unless you trade - but then you need to deposit big to see any margin and that’s nothing to do with 2.0)
I’ve seen it happen. I’ve done it myself. I’m sorry if this is something you can’t believe, but just because you can’t do something. Doesn’t mean others can’t

Back