Loot 2.0 killed the game

go cutt some trees ffs, increase your looter skill by that , then go buy a cheap whip and whip the shit out of mobs, increase your looter and defence skills by that... Go buy a good efficient weapon, increase your looter skill and defence with that... make use of the events.

If you cant depo to buy a 2.0 weapon , Go resell stuff its part of the game, when i say resell i mean buy stackables while no demand and then sell when there is demand, same for items.

After you learn Things and actualy understand what you do , Go put more peds into items , upgrade your stats Go grab some rings.

Change your old mindset, adjust it to the new game .

Or quit, and accept the fact that you failed

Last edited:
Honestly, I feel like the 2.0 update has improved the overall loot experience. However, what do I know after playing for 19 years without ever aiming for profit or vto win? I always paid to have fun.

I find it amusing how "Msturkese Signator" emphasizes that MU (Mark-Up) is all about profit, while HOFs and Globals are not. It's like trusting the Almighty Algorithm.

I realized I was still in the positive overall after reaching an All-Time High without even focusing on MU.

The game is 90% work for it and still 10% some luck. Thats how I feel it.

I realized I was still in the positive overall after reaching an All-Time High without even focusing on MU.
This is temporary, over time the rake will take it back if you continue to play. If you cash out now, you'll always be ahead of the game.

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Ever since you guys made it impossible to farm for items without using a credit card, it's gone downhill.

Back in 2010 people had hope of getting a nice UL item or some nice item in general that would help them progress in this game. now it is literally impossible to do that.

At a certain point of progression its always been hard to loot beneficial items for your kit. At least that has been my experience since 2004. I am pleasantly surprised when I do get an item but I don't count on it. So with that in mind, I've deposited in the past to get the gear I need and I've also worked very hard to build my kit by "farming" MU items. The latter just takes more time and you really have to pay attention to the market trends and mitigating cost. I recently upgraded a lot of my gear based off of "farmed" loot and some item/deed sales. Most deposits come on the heels of me being loose with the bankroll. Fast tracking in EU will cost.

If I can't loot X then I work towards making the PED to afford X and along they way I might loot something useful or useful to someone else that I can sell which I can put those funds towards what I need. These days, when I do play, I really concentrate on my own goals and how to achieve them. Looting a beneficial item, while still a goal, isn't high on my list because historically it's a rare occurrence and there are other less difficult ways to get what I need that don't involve depositing.

i am making profit pre- and post loot 2.0 (in all professions).
you just have to find the opportunities.
and scale it correctly.
(making profit in trying to loot ul weapons won't work)

Last edited:
i am making profit pre- and post loot 2.0 (in all professions).
you just have to find the opportunities.
and scale it correctly.
(making profit in trying to loot ul weapons won't work)
I need a mentor for crafting ,when ever i craft something i almost Brake my pedcard lol

Thats the main problem, everyone wants to profit.
The only way for you to win is for someone else to lose.
There are no free shorcuts, they cost ped, just play at your level, acept your lost, or improve to make that loss, someone´s else loss.
Acept that , or look for another game.

Thats the main problem, everyone wants to profit.
The only way for you to win is for someone else to lose.
There are no free shorcuts, they cost ped, just play at your level, acept your lost, or improve to make that loss, someone´s else loss.
Acept that , or look for another game.
Not everyone wants to profit. There’s a legitimate group of players who don’t care about profitting, efficiency, etc. More than you think. And that’s a great thing for the game!

Forget all the ridiculous arguments here about what has changed or hasn't changed in loot - or the people telling you that you "don't need an item drop" and they reduce the argument to one about 'profit'. This is such a low-brow argument to make; you don't need to be a financial expert to understand the profit comes from loss, and there is no logical way that it works out we all profit even if you followed the steps 1:1 of someone who did.

The real joke is the amount of people who come here and tell you that you're not having fun the right way, that everything is fine, maybe you just don't know how to play etc. The only interest these people have is in protecting their volatile investments, not the actual gameplay.

The biggest difference from the past is you could build the best kit in the game for a few thousand at most, and now you barely have a decent ring covered. You could go on a hunt and at least come back with an A-series amp, clothes, maybe a Stark or some other low-level gun. You know, actual fun people seem to forget about. The game is now only for whales, people with more money than brains, and gambling addicts - not to mention the 8-12 hour days you'll be putting in to get that 95%+ TT return. The player count speaks for itself, just as the staggering number of top-level players who made their exit.

I know all about these people, because I've been all of them at one point over the last 20 years. Just look at how hostile, self-righteous, and downright rude people are. These are not the attitudes of people who are happy with their decisions.

I know all about these people, because I've been all of them at one point over the last 20 years. Just look at how hostile, self-righteous, and downright rude people are. These are not the attitudes of people who are happy with their decisions.
It seems like you're projecting. I'm having a blast personally and I'm not a whale or an uber, I've just made solid in game decisions.

You don't have to play to profit. Many people don't.

You don't need to play to the meta etc.

Let people play how they want to play.

IMHO: this game needs lots of people who enjoy the environment and are not in it for profit.
It also needs people who want to profit and are prepared to follow various paths trying to achieve it, but with an unknown percentage failing but continuing.

This is because at current populations, MA might not stay viable financially with considerably fewer players.

However, MA could also survive without either one group if it grew the playerbase of the other group enough. The game might no longer be something for me, or you, or hundreds of current players, though.

Both groups are varied, and variety of content helps not all eggs ending up in one basket. However, activities that tick the boxes for both groups are becoming increasingly higher level. Fun often seems to be comparative, and what was fun once is no longer fun when you see what looks like more fun after more advancement. THIS point may be one that MA are failing at in loot 2.0, with both fun and hopes of profit disappearing.

It seems like you're projecting. I'm having a blast personally and I'm not a whale or an uber, I've just made solid in game decisions.

You don't have to play to profit. Many people don't.

You don't need to play to the meta etc.

Let people play how they want to play.
Can I ask are you claiming you are profiting ?

I assume not from the main 3 professions?

Assuming from trading ? Or something else?

I’m trying to fill in so MU gaps so I’m fishing for details. 😅

Can I ask are you claiming you are profiting ?

I assume not from the main 3 professions?

Assuming from trading ? Or something else?

I’m trying to fill in so MU gaps so I’m fishing for details. 😅
From hunting, mining, events, taming, trading, warping, dailies. I’ve attempted crafting. Did not profit lol. Mining I’ve done very little as I just did it for a mission mainly, but a slight slight profit (about 5k cycle) so I generally ignore my mining results.

But obviously all this involves MU in some way shape or form as I have NOT profited with TT.

Twen was nice, mayhem was nice, NTI CRP was amazing. I’ve looted a few UL items and decent mu items to make plate upgrades. I’ve generally gone for consistent MU. Now I think I could have done better if I ONLY focused on MU, but I’d not be at the profession levels I’ve gotten to so far doing that.

For me, I personally am generally okay just breaking even with hunting and then using the many other aspects of the game to profit/upgrade my gear.

Which I believe is a big part of the game. I took a gamble and was laughed at buying a pea shooter for 12.5k sold it for 19-19.5k worth of peds and items. And I had 8 different people offer me 16k or more.

I used the gun, didn’t like it, sold it.

My point is not EVERYONE will be able to profit, BUT ANYONE has the ABILITY to profit, if they put in the time and effort. Which I believe I have done, while giving back to those who supported or helped me along the way.

Last edited:
I have 67 ppl blocked in my gamers list. maybe this is how i get rid of rude people
anyway, not the top gamers, i had conversations with at least one quarter of the top 100 ranked ppl, none of them reflect your description
if you are compelled to loot items, cornunfacauda, cornundos, sunjoq will give uyou plenty of (L) weapons that you can decay for fun, same happens on cyrene, they are not UL but who really gives a ped for a UL 10 dps weapon?

Those that are saying UL stuff doesn’t drop. WTF?

All the new mayhem / twen / just saw spina armour crafted yesterday.

Change your mindset

To answer this question somewhat objectively we need to compare the games' popularity then and now.

Those that are saying UL stuff doesn’t drop. WTF?

All the new mayhem / twen / just saw spina armour crafted yesterday.

Change your mindset
A friend of mine looted a IMK2 last year. Looted.

Imagine than. TWEN edition on top of it!

But Yeah, "Ul iTeMs dO nOt dRoP aNyMoRe" 🥺

I have 67 ppl blocked in my gamers list. maybe this is how i get rid of rude people
anyway, not the top gamers, i had conversations with at least one quarter of the top 100 ranked ppl, none of them reflect your description
if you are compelled to loot items, cornunfacauda, cornundos, sunjoq will give uyou plenty of (L) weapons that you can decay for fun, same happens on cyrene, they are not UL but who really gives a ped for a UL 10 dps weapon?

I think you and others seem to miss the point. I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. Unfortunately, I can't loot anecdotes. I'm just telling people why I no longer invest in such a volatile market, and why many others have left.

Maybe you'll ask cows the price of milk next. :)

(Even if we wanted to debate - the abuse is only allowed to flow in a single direction as noted by all the posts they delete with near instant precision. The company is public now - so business is business. Just not one I'm going to be a part of in any significant way.)

Last edited:
During 1.0 I think I lost money on 90% of my hunts

Got sup shins (m) one time though as a braindead low level noob with vigi + ml35 shooting warriors/troopers with 50 ped of ammo

Feels like that's pretty much impossible in 2.0, it's a different game

To see loot like that in 2.0 I'd probably need to hunt some level 200 mob with a 500k ped cycle and be level 100 with 500 dps (I just made these numbers up I have no idea).

Is it better or worse? Probably better for MA, since noobs won't go broke as fast, they'll cycle more. But I still think it's less fun.

as apersonal story i was really disappointed at my too many "this monster carried no loot" in 1.0 days
that was the reason that made me migrate toward WOW.
i perceived huntign as a gambling in 1.0
in 2021 i came back and the new proposal, get skill, loose 1.5..2% costant and decide
1. top up ped card if you can not trasnfer loss to other gamers
2. let someone else pay yuor ticket...
considering my wow period i spent 12*12*13 = 1872 € plus 5 expansions so maybe 2100 € in wow. i got really good times,
if i account 12*12+50 = 200 € (2.200 ped) of loss per year ... it allows me to cycle 80.000 ped per year to be a WOW equivalent.

MA sells 120.000.000 Ped per 2023... it means average joe spend 1200 usd per year in game.... 100 us per month.
someone will spend 1000 some will profit.. its statistics.

i am in with a large stake in game, my avatar is 13.000 eur ahead if what i deposited... thanks to loot 2.0..... and best UL i looted was probably a level 2 chip

"this monster carried no loot"
Quick fun fact. The only mob I’ve had that happen to since I started playing was taming green leprechauns on Monria. Which is interesting because I’ve never had that from taming tabtab/arret(cheaper to tame) or killing any 10 hp punies.

What a nice story as well, thanks for sharing :)

I think on the Feb 28 we get the next financial report. Will be interesting if they share the average monthly deposit again. I think last time that was shared was last year

I know who is playing and does not invest anything anymore, but just sits on the MU and it is not uber

Back