Loot and EU Play

Mistakes happen it’s no big deal. I haven’t hunted them myself it was just an example as I’ve seen botters there

Last edited:
Lots of mobs on Cyrene have regular markup drops of 200%+… from big to small. Let me guess you hunt in calypso and complain about mu? It’s like going to a desert and complaining about lack of water lmfao.

and who cares when I joined the forum?

Can’t find mu on your own? Just look for someone botting fleshrippers on Cyrene, if someone is botting it then it’s profitable usually, just look for botters

They actually have 600% MU

But TT at about 0.06. Per drop… not worth the time output. I’d say.

No offense but that is the same kind of bullshit answer that contributes to the problem.

So again, HOW MUCH MONEY; IS ADEQUATE BANKROLL FOR PLAYERS TO EXPECT TO PAY? is it 1000k kills? perhaps its 2000k kills?
Somewhere between 4000-8000 kills are required these days on the same mob. More is better though, so get to macroing and shooting.

This isn’t true..

DPP allows your ped to go further. Lower cost to kill mobs, means more mobs killed. More loot occasions and more chance to loot MU items..

DPP has zero direct effect on MU and does not increase the amount dropped.
100% wrong. Do you seriously think, we don't test this sh*t out ourselves? I've run many tests, where a 30% increase in DPP correlated to an exact 30% output on the desired non-loot wave item to drop. Yes, you can grab more MU out of the same loot by increasing your base DPP.

This is accurate. Ma even said so in the quotes above. More dpp = less shrap per every loot (on average), not more loot events so less shrap on average. it’s genuinely less shrap for each loot event when higher dpp

This is easily confirmed by killing 10k mobs with and without sights, scopes, etc attached. Sights and scopes raise eff but lower dpp and since they lower dpp you get dramatically more shrap (at vixens it every noticeable)
This is one of the most intelligent hunters I've stumbled upon.
Taking all of my notes from my hunting guide that doesn't exist lol.
I give props to whoever trained you, cause I sure know it wasn't me lol.

Last edited:
100% wrong. Do you seriously think, we don't test this sh*t out ourselves? I've run many tests, where a 30% increase in DPP correlated to an exact 30% output on the desired non-loot wave item to drop. Yes, you can grab more MU out of the same loot by increasing your base DPP.

edit: this is a lie… you say if I run 2dpp and increase that to 4 then my MU will increase by 100%?

check what MA have said in their official statements.

there is only one player test here that is legit and it’s not a DPP

Last edited:

i personally count loot dividend into shorapnels and (non-shrapnels) that we can call Items (a category comprehending stackables, and non-stackables

i imagine DPP as a slider that pose a "shraps vs non-shraps" pretty much like the condition slider in craft machine
0 dpp (well we cant have zero) is a majority of shrapnels and say 5DPP or 10DPP 100% "non shrapnels"
i use 5 because we havfe already many people hunting on >4 setups

BESIDES THIS there is a "planet effect" where in planets outside Calypso the BASE percentage of shrapnels is way lower than the 80% of caly so the effect is not so visible.

going toward "items" does not automatically mean valuable items.... OIL RESIDUE on outer planets is worse than shrapnels because of non-convertible in uniammos

DPP let you get bigger impact of NON-Shrapnel
but it is evident that rolling more "items" allow the loot generator to deliver also if present in the loot table more oftten some juicy loot

in this sense Rufen probably indicates that (on the medium-long run) a better DPP lead to better return in term of "chances to extract MU"

and usually high dpp high eff is a programmed combo.. the weird part are the new "low dpp high eff" BGH garbage.. you get higher amount of shrapnels (as an extreme theory)

edit: this is a lie… you say if I run 2dpp and increase that to 4 then my MU will increase by 100%?

Don't believe me then :D.

In this sense Rufen probably indicates that (on the medium-long run) a better DPP lead to better return in term of "chances to extract MU".
Correct sir! A higher DPP will in fact increase exotic loot drop rates, which is a consequence of less shrapnel.

This is one of the most intelligent hunters I've stumbled upon.
Taking all of my notes from my hunting guide that doesn't exist lol.
I give props to whoever trained you, cause I sure know it wasn't me lol.
Lots of love to my husband for all his tips but
I recommend everyone kill at least 500k of the same mob without a break. it really shows how things work without bias’s, let’s you see how the game works without speculation or “pattern finding” that humans love to do. Best to see the truth for yourself than to hear it

Don't believe me then :D.

Correct sir! A higher DPP will in fact increase exotic loot drop rates, which is a consequence of less shrapnel.
This right here I can back up 100% I been running a shitty 2.8 or below dpp small shitty runs small bank roll which led to nothing but bitching and whining for 16 years straight. I upgrade gear a bit running 3.7dpp and above and I have started to see much more items coming through than I ever did in loot consistently and I’m wondering what has bought that change and this here verifies just that.

Regards
Tees

shitty 2.8 or below dpp small shitty runs small bank roll which led to nothing but bitching and whining for 16 years straight
The only difference is that out of those 16 years first 11 dpp used to yield you tt profit and recently started with loot 2.0 only optimal loot.You have to understand the difference.
On short term you won't be able to.

The only difference is that out of those 16 years first 11 dpp used to yield you tt profit and recently started with loot 2.0 only optimal loot.You have to understand the difference.
On short term you won't be able to.
Yes that's correct, in short its only recently I started noticing that I am pulling in much more items from the same mobs than I was previously lets say from loot 2.0.

with such time gone by with loot 2.0 being implemented and having bad runs previously and after loot 2.0 (not adjusting), you tend to add it to the rest of the 11 years and treat it as one long bad 16 years, (result of negativity and bad setup)

But yes Itamz incometh...

Regards
Tees

Ok now I see why people say to stay off this forum… so much misinformation and people misunderstanding and interpreting information….

Ok now I see why people say to stay off this forum… so much misinformation and people misunderstanding and interpreting information….
Information comes from mindark which is official and comes on this forum, everything else is speculation or confirmation and can be found anywhere else.
People should read this forum before everything else and should rely only on mindark official comments.Any other tests or comments are sujective and most of the times they are bias as fuck.

Information comes from mindark which is official and comes on this forum, everything else is speculation or confirmation and can be found anywhere else.
People should read this forum before everything else and should rely only on mindark official comments.Any other tests or comments are sujective and most of the times they are bias as fuck.

But the people, they make 7 figure profits! /s

:D

I periodically return to the game after a long interval of time. It's very disappointing to see that in general the game does not develop (and I'm not talking about switching to a new engine). So many things can be done.

In hunting, remove shrapnel, add interesting loot (let it be with the same markup as shrapnel), but at least there will be some point in saving them, selling them at auction.

About the community, I understand that entropia is mostly a single game, but there are almost no "parties" of players left. There was an interesting oil rig (for noobs and advanced players). Why not develop this kind of entertainment for the players. There is simply nothing to do collectively in the game ...

As for development, it seems to me that over the past 10 years, in general, nothing new has been added. No interesting locations in terms of cities and civilization. Nothing.

Mindark, I understand that you need to earn money. But you are already making money, why you don't work?

I periodically return to the game after a long interval of time. It's very disappointing to see that in general the game does not develop (and I'm not talking about switching to a new engine). So many things can be done.

In hunting, remove shrapnel, add interesting loot (let it be with the same markup as shrapnel), but at least there will be some point in saving them, selling them at auction.

About the community, I understand that entropia is mostly a single game, but there are almost no "parties" of players left. There was an interesting oil rig (for noobs and advanced players). Why not develop this kind of entertainment for the players. There is simply nothing to do collectively in the game ...

As for development, it seems to me that over the past 10 years, in general, nothing new has been added. No interesting locations in terms of cities and civilization. Nothing.

Mindark, I understand that you need to earn money. But you are already making money, why you don't work?
You should check out what updates have happened if you think it’s been the same for 10 years I was gone 12 years and the game is a new game at this point with the changes that have been made. you wanna see groups working together go check monria out which actually has a whole new section of the dsec map that was just introduced like 2 months ago? I know from first hand helping a ton of groups get threw the waves that the community is still here we’re just spread out more then old days. I honestly am starting to think people really just be on here complaining just to complain.

You should check out what updates have happened if you think it’s been the same for 10 years I was gone 12 years and the game is a new game at this point with the changes that have been made. you wanna see groups working together go check monria out which actually has a whole new section of the dsec map that was just introduced like 2 months ago? I know from first hand helping a ton of groups get threw the waves that the community is still here we’re just spread out more then old days. I honestly am starting to think people really just be on here complaining just to complain.
You have listed a few things that were introduced in a decade :) Go check IT industry, or internet services that improve from year to year. All i wanted to say, that there are plenty things to improve/develop/release, and it does not sound too heavy.

So today I was bored-ish and decided to go ahead and depo. I've messed around with some crafting this week and dropped a few probes. Nothing unexpected. Nothing too interesting. I had to defend myself mining a couple of times but no hunting.

UA is the way right? $100 ammo and some pills. Time to hunt. I grabbed some Vigi and some 5b and went to hunt baby Atrax (I'm so eco). I was just going to put some rounds through my Emik S60 ELM and start with this Atrax daily I've had for **literally four years** :rofl:

But I got down to Ahhh The Atrax and what do I find? Nexnecis. Good thing I dressed for little atrax I guess. I had a Project Zero-three and an Enigma L3 on me so there went my discipline to plink at little atrax for a thousand PED. That got boring so I went up to minopolis for some bigger atrax. Which got gokibusagi on my shiny new codex and also got me slapped into the dirt a few times by araneatrox. Definitely not what I signed up for.

I went to check out the atrax spawn near Jurra but after some messing around over there and atrax that were too big or something, I squashed a couple drones and wound up grinding kerbs for a while. That's about when they reset the server.

So I messed around for a bit during the reset (I actually spawned a planet in another game) and when the game came back up, I sold some of my shrapnel for repairs and got back to killing kerbs like I had originally planned. Or whatever. The loot got slow so I moved over to Boreas and fought more mid-level kerbs to see if drops would be any more interesting. They didn't though and that's when I remembered the little atrax!!

So I went back down to the atrax LA and spent the next while tagging nexnecis out of the atrax with my marber and finishing them with that Emik Enigma (it's CDF edition totally efficient I'm sure). I'm not gonna lie though my Kinetic 5 was itching for a little action and since I had that stack of UA I might have dropped a few unamped, ore-only, f-105 drops. Not even 10 though I promise. I only had to extract two claims.

No melee, a couple rounds through a Ozpyn BP S1X1 (it was an accident) and more Project Zero Three than S60. The Enigma L3 has a beast and an Alekx and a Korona's P20 on it, the S60 had a ArMAtrix B-Amplifier 4P on it (whatever that is?) and the Isis (and the Ozpyn) had no attachments.

Why am I here?

Oh, yeah loot. I messed around for about eight hours. I still have to pay for 60 PED in repairs. :LOL:

index.php

NGL I'm tempted to pull the shrapnel, click sell, and call it a fun day off :ROFLMAO:

I'd never TT extractors though!

EDIT: Ahhhh also not having to run around and get new missions, and then realizing I had 20+ codex rewards to collect was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I do tend to agree that people who claim they are regularly hitting 80% or less over long runs are either doing something known to be very bad eco-wise (though this seems unlikely with players who are old pros) or, as is being said, this is due to some compounding being taken into account.

You are kind of wrong in all of the things you are saying. You need to give the game some more time, than just check out Port Atlantis every 7th year or so.
Do you know that there are 5 planets other than Calypso that are developing and releasing new content? EU is not only about Calypso any more, its a universe with multiple planets. And they have dev teams releasing content. There is more content now to do than ever.

There are many instances where players are hunting together, Sand King, Wave bosses, RDI instance, Toulan events, Arkadia Instances etc. I probably have missed many more since I am a newb.

You are kind of wrong in all of the things you are saying. You need to give the game some more time, than just check out Port Atlantis every 7th year or so.
Do you know that there are 5 planets other than Calypso that are developing and releasing new content? EU is not only about Calypso any more, its a universe with multiple planets. And they have dev teams releasing content. There is more content now to do than ever.

There are many instances where players are hunting together, Sand King, Wave bosses, RDI instance, Toulan events, Arkadia Instances etc. I probably have missed many more since I am a newb.
As an head of development of a streaming service i can say, thats not much. Those things were invented 5-7 years ago. Another planets are planet partners and have their own development teams. I'm saying more about general game features.

You have listed a few things that were introduced in a decade :) Go check IT industry, or internet services that improve from year to year. All i wanted to say, that there are plenty things to improve/develop/release, and it does not sound too heavy.
ok now you are comparing it to industries that have hundreds of thousands more workers in the field thats kinda a unfair comparison. Do you by chance know what goes in to developing a game? do you by chance know how many people MA actually have as Devs? like i said in my last comment people are complaining to complain you included look at your response you listed things that "they havent done" I give u examples of the exact things you said hasnt came new content, new areas to explore, whole new cities/civilization lore but you still arnt happy? Maybe Entropia isnt the game for you? in the last decade we have gotten missions achivements WHOLE new planets i mean the list goes on you legit are just complaining to complain.

I do tend to agree that people who claim they are regularly hitting 80% or less over long runs are either doing something known to be very bad eco-wise (though this seems unlikely with players who are old pros) or, as is being said, this is due to some compounding being taken into account.
the problem with the "old pros" is this is not Project Entropia any more this is not loot 1.0 this is loot 2.0. All that old info from pre loot 2.0 is irrelevant at this point. If these guys are truly getting 80% or less avg loot returns then it is 100% user fault and they need to reevaluate what they are actually doing and what needs to change on their end and stop blaming every one and their mother for their inability to understand bankroll management and not hunting bigger then their skills/bank roll allow.

ok now you are comparing it to industries that have hundreds of thousands more workers in the field thats kinda a unfair comparison. Do you by chance know what goes in to developing a game? do you by chance know how many people MA actually have as Devs? like i said in my last comment people are complaining to complain you included look at your response you listed things that "they havent done" I give u examples of the exact things you said hasnt came new content, new areas to explore, whole new cities/civilization lore but you still arnt happy? Maybe Entropia isnt the game for you? in the last decade we have gotten missions achivements WHOLE new planets i mean the list goes on you legit are just complaining to complain.
Ofcourse i am not happy :) To a game that costs to user hundrends of dollars/per month to play (for an middle level player) it should be done way more in a decade imho. And no, not all IT companies has hundreds of developers :)

Ofcourse i am not happy :) To a game that costs to user hundrends of dollars/per month to play (for an middle level player) it should be done way more in a decade imho. And no, not all IT companies has hundreds of developers :)
Cycling hundreds of thousands of dollars without depositing isn’t spending…

All that old info from pre loot 2.0 is irrelevant at this point

TBF this trope is part of the reason I'm larking on this thread.

In 1000 PED cycled at hunting I can tell you there's still skill cycles, damage cycles, and loot cycles in hunting.

There's lots of old info that is clearly still very relevant. There's still more waves, profession waves and at least (in hunting) mob tier/class waves at the meta level. There's still lots of habits that remain good habits. And for most, DPP is still king I think. Heck it looks like a lot of people still haven't sorted that from efficiency now that MA have moved some stuff off of the 1:1 arrangement that they warned was just for "Fair" conversion..

The (hunting) equations changed a little bit, shaving out that last bit of MU got a little harder, and some new gear took the "top dog" slots but other than that it's the same as it ever was. At the level I play at, honestly very little changed with loot 2.0. EP probably changed the game a lot more for players that weren't focused on the profession in question.

There's less stacking of loot required really because more of your loot is coming back at zero usable markup. If you're not cycling 6 figures between trips to sell the UA/Shrapnel cycle is better than getting oils. In fact when the muscle oil I posted last night doesn't sell I might try and trade it for some shrap.

Anyways I wasn't a huge hunting fan to begin with. The OP here isn't really specific to any profession and loot 2.0 was only for hunting. Sometimes, no matter what you do the loot IS just thin. MA has to save up a minute for mayhem, or some other new item. Maybe there's a cashflow issue or a mega withdraw, who knows. Still in my experience that's when/why you start to get things like long-term, generally satisfied players popping up and saying things like "uh, hey guys I'm watching people struggle and frankly the loot is getting a little too thin."

im very curious as to what the endgame of this thread is

The real "business" of this thread was completed within the first 6 - 8 posts. After that it's just people being people. ;)

Cycling hundreds of thousands of dollars without depositing isn’t spending…
I wonder where this money came from if not from a deposit?

Guys, I don't understand why it hurts so much to hear that you can actually make everything more interesting. There are a lot of professions (for example, coloring) that have died, but are a very promising direction, including in terms of profit for MA

I wonder where this money came from if not from a deposit?

Guys, I don't understand why it hurts so much to hear that you can actually make everything more interesting. There are a lot of professions (for example, coloring) that have died, but are a very promising direction, including in terms of profit for MA
If you deposit once and spend that same thousand over and over you are not spending a thousand every day… you spent it once.

Back