"Loot belongs to someelse" but no one is around

Digit

Old Alpha
Society
nothingANDnowhere(nAn)
Martigan Digit Handscome
Well this was the first time I encountered this. As I was hunting Tants SE of Twin I came across a Tant that I killed--but couldn't loot. I killed the darn thing for sure but couldn't loot it.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Maybe it belonged to Lootuis? :silly2:

P.s. I did submit a support case. Would hate to have this happen again.

Happened to one in my soc earlier. Don't remember witch mob it was but it wasn't a tant.

I guess yous had full HP, theres had.

..its MA's way of saying: "your not ready for an ath, please deposit more" --happens to me alot :mad: (the true part)

..its MA's way of saying: "your not ready for an ath, please deposit more" --happens to me alot :mad: (the true part)

I was thinking...Oh no don't tell me it is a ATH and I don't have the right "Requirements" to get it :)

Happened to one in my soc earlier. Don't remember witch mob it was but it wasn't a tant.

I guess yous had full HP, theres had.

Happened in our soc as well. A very frustrating bug, esp. when loot is poor.

Oh, another oddity. Sometimes in a team, the team kills the mob, but only some team members can loot it.

Last edited:
It's not dead, of course you couldn't loot it. You just happened to come across a Tant using his play dead ability. :cool:

I have heard the reason as someone else had already got the mob to below half health and then left the mob(died ctd w/e), letting it regen, then another hunter with higher dps kills it and cant loot because the prior hunter put more ammo into it(weird tho with a tant..).

I would like to know if this is true, so please post your support answer if it comes!

I have heard the reason as someone else had already got the mob to below half health and then left the mob(died ctd w/e), letting it regen, then another hunter with higher dps kills it and cant loot because the prior hunter put more ammo into it(weird tho with a tant..).

I would like to know if this is true, so please post your support answer if it comes!

this was introduced with the bot war i believe to reduce kill stealing.

if the mob is damaged >65% it is locked on to who ever hurt it most even if it regens 100%

pain in the ass when hunting spiders. someone gives up and you cant loot your loot.

if the mob is damaged >65% it is locked on to who ever hurt it most even if it regens 100%

pain in the ass when hunting spiders. someone gives up and you cant loot your loot.

I got a spider like that... but if it was done for the bot-war, you'd think it would have affected the outcome of Merry Mayhem somewhat...

i dont think thats true,
the same thing happened to me when i shot a trox alpha s-ithaka ...
it was full when i started tanking it, but couldnt loot it saying "this loot blablabla someone else."
and this was way before the robo-wars ... if i remember correct it was after the introduction of the regen ability on trox.

I first noticed the cant loot bug soon after the vu which affected alien regen and that was a lot earlier than the robot event so this cant be true....unless ofc you mean the robot war 3 yrs ago?

Hmmm, we tested this at 50%, but not 65%. Time for more tests. Is the mob locked forever, or is it reset if full health and on nobody's radar, like the sweat status?

You are not imagining it...it happened to me from a freshly spawned mob with no one around...i sent support and they said they would investigate..all you can do. Although..it has happened twice now and the second time..maybe someone had hurt the mob down to low health and it regened fully thus making me the lower damager...by wich time there was no-one in sight.

I posted a thread about it under "hunting" ....titled "loot claim bug"

They should do something soon about this . If they add regen for all mob will be more frequent. Once a mob get back @ 100 % hp they should forget about any dmg on that mob .

Yeah i agree with alina...at full regen it should be free for all no matter what.

You are not imagining it...it happened to me from a freshly spawned mob with no one around...i sent support and they said they would investigate..all you can do. Although..it has happened twice now and the second time..maybe someone had hurt the mob down to low health and it regened fully thus making me the lower damager...by wich time there was no-one in sight.

I posted a thread about it under "hunting" ....titled "loot claim bug"

Ah, that's good data--having it happen to a mob which you saw newly spawned.

samething happened

I got that "loot belongs to someone else" crap
killed an exar near argus when it happened . noone near that I could see besides I hit it with a HL11+104 so it went down in one !

dammed annoying especialy as I seemed to be missing alot that day , ha well more than likely it was just another "no looter" so I dont suppose it matters too much lol used a modest 10 ped of ammo before stopping as I got an even more modest return of noloot at all .

Are you saying that you killed it from full health? The fact that nobody is around says nothing. I never killed a mob from full health and got that message afterwards...

Strange

There's a remote chance that someone shot it to low health, then it regenerated - but I don't know the mechanics of such situations :)

hmm..

I've seen that message before in previous VUs, but there was usually always a reason for it...

Typically, the reasons are...
- someone killed it down to 50%, and then let it regenerate, you come by later and kill it... it's still their loot... That is a very not so fun situation. I don't know if it happens all the time, but have seen it before.
- you are in a team by yourself... That really stinks if you killed it in a team of one since you can't loot in a team of one... and if you leave the team, you can't loot it either since you are not in the team that got it. Right now, teams are not suppossed to exist though?!?... maybe MA is playing around with the coding?...
- mob in question was at a trade center or was trapped somewhere else and is now in a non-lootable status, but you can still kill it and it can kill you... I hate when that happens if the mob in question was put back in to the wilderness so it looked lootable but is not anymore.

Loot Belongs To Someone else is not rare, just never seen it when killing a mob from full health :scratch2:

it was full health

of course the mob I killed was full health , I have been on EU for over 3 years I never start shot anything unless it is full health .

I have stopped playing since then not just because of not being able to loot reliably

I just dont find the new ENTROPIA post vu 10. any fun , I dont like the way of moving , the hills have completely put me off , is very annoying to get most the way up an hill to find you cant make the last few feet . and that happens constantly . I also dont like the way that running has been nerfed , I could out run most of the mobs before now I cant !

I am just waiting to see if MA change things , then I will see if the game is worth playing again , or is its still in effect a BETA .

It's not dead, of course you couldn't loot it. You just happened to come across a Tant using his play dead ability. :cool:

Oh... you mean like this ?
faintinggoats.gif

this game is running perfect for people who dont play.
I dont even post bugs, because there are always answers : its your computer or your videocard.
Bullshitt !!!
This game is not finished and will never be, not now and not after 200 updates.
Shame on you MA team.

They should do something soon about this . If they add regen for all mob will be more frequent. Once a mob get back @ 100 % hp they should forget about any dmg on that mob .

i encountered 3 mobs so far with a litle off the health bar (maybe 80% or 70%) without a soul miles around, and got the someone else msg. in the previous vu if you kill such a mob the loot was yours with this change of rules not even a totally regen mob is yours.

with the 100% regent stioll not your mob...how can you tell you can safelly kill a mob? :scratch2:

your right rayband

yep how can you be sure of getting the loot ?

theres no way to tell if anyone else has "had ago" at the particular mob , the only safe option is not to kill anything .

the trouble with EU is we are shooting real money , and bugs like this take all the fun out of the game .

needless to say not being able to get at mining finds (trees,rocks,hills etc.) is even more frustating as you KNOW you had a find and just cant get it .

as I say I am not playing untill another update (maybe) then I will go try a test hunt/mining run and see of the BUGS remain .

Back