Loot Mobs - immediately vs later?

bettlejus

Stalker
Society
ROUA
Joan Xperia Dárc
Hello,

I like to know your toughts if it makes any difference when to loot a dead mob

I always loot them immeditely after I kill it, but now as I am doing the Droka mission I cannot do that and I kill like 7-8 of them then loot but my returns seems to be kinda bad, I'm not very sure but I think that when I loot a mob immediately after kill I get more "minis" like 15-30 ped

What do you think? Does it makes any difference?

I don't think it makes a difference, and I always seem to get bad loot off Drokas.

As long loot is calculated in moment of looting it is matter. Moment later u can get better or worse loot than when looted just after kill. However noone is able to predict if "later loot calculation" will be beter than "just after kill" one.

No quantum computers yet, and no proper data so more efficient is to stick to what used to work so far - average over some large sample of looted mobs ( without any additional variables like time of looting )

I have some funny stories about this tatic. Very first one was that i killed small atrox, then other one came and killed me. So i lost ~ 30 sec while revived and tp to that pos and looted = it was nice 300 pedder hof :)

Next one was like ~ 2y ago when i camped cp, after i killed small aurli i asked my bro to go to other room coz then i get better loot. He want there and i looted 200+ ped esi :)

There are lot of stories actually, but i remember these ones atm.

GL

I think the question is, like shoti said, when is the loot generated? At the kill moment or at loot action?

If there is a difference and loot is generated after kill then in my mind I think that a strange algorithm "decays' the loot untill you press the loot action

I know..I'm going crazy

Atrox

Old

52 PED

Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:34

Atrox

Old

59 PED

Atrox

Mature

66 PED

triple global ;) i had a bunch dead though ;p

Time is (or at least was) one of the variables used to calculate loot. But statistically it doesn't matter if you loot directly after the kill or if you wait a few secs. Because you don't know when it is a good time for looting.

If you could stop time, then loot and see if it's good or not, you would have some benefits from waiting. But as it is atm it doesn't matter.

Atrox

Old

50 PED

Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:09:5

Atrox

Provider

319 PED

Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:09:5

second ago ;)

I think the question is, like shoti said, when is the loot generated? At the kill moment or at loot action?

If there is a difference and loot is generated after kill then in my mind I think that a strange algorithm "decays' the loot untill you press the loot action

I know..I'm going crazy

if we are going to talk crazy, ive always believed the multiplier is in the mob and the loot itself is generated when you press the loot action, i dont really know why i believe that, or if that really matters practically speaking.

For me it does not matter whether I loot them immediately or later, but I have to loot them in the same order I killed them.

If I don't the OCD makes me smash things.

Joker's example would suggest loot is generated at the moment of killing the mob, unless you believe a triple or double global is common.

The trend seems to be that loot is generated at the moment of loot action

It seems I just have to carry on with my mission to see if things start to get better

Let's hope those Droka wreckages don't dissaper before I loot them, I heard they decreased the time it takes a dead mob to dissappear, so far I think my longest time to loot was about 90 seconds

loot is determined at time you click the button to loot it I think, so it could be that waiting could be a good thing... HOWEVER, problem with that is if you wait too long the option to loot the mob goes away, so if you die/revive, or just kill too many to loot them all you could be in trouble for waiting too long.

Joker's example would suggest loot is generated at the moment of killing the mob, unless you believe a triple or double global is common.

No, it suggest that the loot is generated at the moment you click to loot. Joker is probably killing a few mobs, then looting them all almost at the same time.

If dead creatures didn't disappear you should wait looting them for the moment when you see other people get globals.

However as we don't know when is the time for good loot, it doesn't matter if you loot all at once or loot just after kill - go for whatever you feel is best for you.

However as we don't know when is the time for good loot, it doesn't matter if you loot all at once or loot just after kill - go for whatever you feel is best for you.

The most intelligent thing said in this thread. :)

Loot is generated at the time of looting. Loot also comes in waves and tides.. Looting at the peak of the wave during a "high tide" yeilds the best possible loot for that mob you just killed. So the time you actually click the loot button DOES make a HUGE difference in your returns. Problem is... how do you figure out when you're at the peak of a wave or the bottom end of a wave?

Timing loot used to be possible (to some extent) and though it wouldn't guarantee profit you did have a better chance at getting a bit more loot. (Maybe 10% increase in your chances of seeing items/mini's/swirlies at best). Though with VU 10 came some implemented lag and a change in the algorithm. What I did notice though... was that the loot waves and tides only played a VERY small part in the loot distribution system. So even looting every mob at the "perfect time" (if it was possible which it is not) could still mean several years of hunting before you see that big ATH. The loot distribution system really is a brilliant package of coding.

Years ago I recieved some information about timing loot.... then came the Eomon Migration.... When "The ants came marching in" to kill the mobs I spent about 3 hrs watching a particular SOC hunting them through my scope with several digital kitchen timers on my desk. This particular SOC was DEFINATELY timing thier loot. Leaving the dead mobs until they saw signs of the current algorithm timing, then looting accordingly.

Menace

Loot is generated at the time of looting. Loot also comes in waves and tides.. Looting at the peak of the wave during a "high tide" yeilds the best possible loot for that mob you just killed. So the time you actually click the loot button DOES make a HUGE difference in your returns. Problem is... how do you figure out when you're at the peak of a wave or the bottom end of a wave?

Timing loot used to be possible (to some extent) and though it wouldn't guarantee profit you did have a better chance at getting a bit more loot. (Maybe 10% increase in your chances of seeing items/mini's/swirlies at best). Though with VU 10 came some implemented lag and a change in the algorithm. What I did notice though... was that the loot waves and tides only played a VERY small part in the loot distribution system. So even looting every mob at the "perfect time" (if it was possible which it is not) could still mean several years of hunting before you see that big ATH. The loot distribution system really is a brilliant package of coding.

Years ago I recieved some information about timing loot.... then came the Eomon Migration.... When "The ants came marching in" to kill the mobs I spent about 3 hrs watching a particular SOC hunting them through my scope with several digital kitchen timers on my desk. This particular SOC was DEFINATELY timing thier loot. Leaving the dead mobs until they saw signs of the current algorithm timing, then looting accordingly.

Menace

This works in mining and in crafting, this is no secret. Everyone who have eyes - sooner or later see that.

But all this is useless (except some strategic approaches), since... 90% return. Okay, you did triggered biggie, and got your shitload of oil. Now what? If you got "over" your normal TT-return - you will start suck, and your triggering will not work anymore, since you WILL pay back all that stuff.

On all theories I answering the same - you can't jump over your head. 90% killing most of those "triggerings" and such.

i do not think it matters on waiting or clicking right away, ive hof'd from insta-looting, also after dying and coming back to corpse to loot, however I think that TIMING when you are shooting and looting does matter(taking breaks during bad loot period and starting again when you see loot wave start).
though the only thing you can hope to accomplish with timing when to shoot is to have a fun hunt for yourself or your friends on the weekend on some migration mobs and have lotsa swirlies that you and your friends WILL pay for later via shitty loot period(guaranteed).

Problem is... how do you figure out when you're at the peak of a wave or the bottom end of a wave?
The secret, even though payback won't be big...... craft lowest cost per click item you can on autocraft for a few days. That way it'll always loot no matter what part of the wave you are in. Of course, your roi won't be that great unless you have some buyer lined up that will buy it all, lol.

MA wont allow to exploit this. Its 100x easier to make it safe, then learn how to exploit ^^

I'm not sure waiting to click the loot makes much of a difference. One thing I have noticed, since turning off my loot window, I have noticed when I loot a creature the loot comes in two waves... I mean, say I loot a mob and I get some crap oils and enhancer componants but there is an item in there as well...the oils and componants will loot and then a split second or so the item is looted... there is a slight pause.

I only noticed this the other day and havn't noticed if it happens with all loot or only when an item appears... I seem to recall it happening without items as well... but am not sure if its another group of special items causing the delay or not... I might record each item from loot later today and make some notes on this.

Just throwing it out there for what its worth.

XZC

I'm not sure waiting to click the loot makes much of a difference. One thing I have noticed, since turning off my loot window, I have noticed when I loot a creature the loot comes in two waves... I mean, say I loot a mob and I get some crap oils and enhancer componants but there is an item in there as well...the oils and componants will loot and then a split second or so the item is looted... there is a slight pause.

I only noticed this the other day and havn't noticed if it happens with all loot or only when an item appears... I seem to recall it happening without items as well... but am not sure if its another group of special items causing the delay or not... I might record each item from loot later today and make some notes on this.

Just throwing it out there for what its worth.

XZC

If you watch your inventory you will see that all items appear at the same time, there is just a small delay on the top left message when you have removed loot window :)

Personally I have noticed when killing many of a mob in small amount of time and then loot them, My loot seems low compared too immediate one-by-one looting. I try all kinds of different weird combinations though..I think using loot window and not using loot window so the research goes on. :ahh:

:idea: Menace that post was very interesting too.

I would say its generated when u loot it. Thats why u get laggy loot windows with items that shows up a second later. But I also think even if we all knew how loot works we couldnt predict it.

For me it does not matter whether I loot them immediately or later, but I have to loot them in the same order I killed them.

If I don't the OCD makes me smash things.

Artrat Smash? :cool:

I have that same problem :p

As far as loot's concerned, I think it's generated when you go to loot it, but in general I get better loot if I loot faster as opposed to waiting, so that's what I do. Not that I get great loot anyways :laugh:

If you watch your inventory you will see that all items appear at the same time, there is just a small delay on the top left message when you have removed loot window :)

No, not really. If you get an item (stackable or no) that you haven't had recently (or haven't loaded storage recently, etc), it will take longer to show up in inventory than anything else. I'm pretty sure it's caused from the game loading the graphic of the item, and the removed loot window item name shows up at the same time (i.e. delayed). It's particularly noticable with item items though, and you can observe it first hand if you craft tailoring items. But, we're straying away from topic now :D

if we are going to talk crazy, ive always believed the multiplier is in the mob and the loot itself is generated when you press the loot action, i dont really know why i believe that, or if that really matters practically speaking.

I know why you think that, it is because you get the swirlies when you click to loot the mob instead of when you kill the mob. I have had a few mobs dead on the ground and globaled while picking them up in a row :) But in actuality this doesn't really prove when loot is generated.

But in mining it is different you get the swirlies on the find not when you do you first extraction. Heck sometimes I global one unknown claim sizes but the chat window says I have XXPED of BLAH :D

Doesn't matter a bit if you leave it for later to loot a mob or loot straight away, same as having so and so in one room or the other. Think about it. If it was so,you'd tell pretty clearly. It's all just superstiscion. FYI, loot is generated once the loot window is opened. Yes I have the support case message to prove so, can post later if people want as I'm at work (found out as I asked a question related to missing loot). Having said all that and reading previous posts, Menace's post on the timing/waves/tides of loot kinda hit the nail on the head. But I don't think leaving a mob for a minute more to loot makes a difference.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter a bit if you leave it for later to loot a mob or loot straight away, same as having so and so in one room or the other. Think about it. If it was so,you'd tell pretty clearly. It's all just superstiscion. FYI, loot is generated once the loot window is opened. Yes I have the support case message to prove so, can post later if people want as I'm at work (found out as I asked a question related to missing loot). Having said all that and reading previous posts, Menace's post on the timing/waves/tides of loot kinda hit the nail on the head. But I don't think leaving a mob for a minute more to loot makes a difference.

:wise:yah i have a support case from MA to that says the loot is generated when the mob is looted, forgot all about it.

Back