Loot tracker - Entropia Tally

slazor

Old
Society
Sons of Sweden
Mikael Slazor Kamin
Hi :wave:

Here is (yet another) loot tracker tool that will help you keep track of your Entropia Universe hunting. It reads the chat.log of the game so it requires no screen reading.

Started as a hobby project but grew enough to share with others.
It is free, open source and open for anyone to contribute.

Current features (v0.11.x):
  • Keeps track of
    • Loot, Globals, HoFs and rare items
    • Attributes & Skills
    • Offense & Defense statistics
    • Enhancer breaks & Tier increases
    • Kill count
    • Session time
  • Hunting returns
  • Graphs (item drop rate, returns over time)
  • Combined stats for multiple runs
  • Saves data historically (xlsx export available)
  • Weapon sets
  • Hunting notes
  • Overlay (with custom css support)

Repository: https://github.com/EntropiaTally/entropia-tally-app
Code & pre-built binaries for Windows and GNU/Linux are available for download here: https://github.com/EntropiaTally/entropia-tally-app/releases/latest

The project can be built from source if you want more control (check the README in the repository).

Need help setting up?

tally_loot.png
tally_stats.png
tally_skills.png
tally_returns.png
tally_session_history.png
tally_history.png
tally_overlay.png
tally_dark.png

If you have any issues or suggestions please post them in this thread or as a Github issue.

Last edited:
Great start. I am glad that the community makes such tools. :clap:
I will definitely try your tool but only after the holiday :tiphat:

Nice - love me a little bootstrap :)

Idea for a function (if not already there).

Id like to parse logs through this app ”offline”. Is that possible?

Example: I play normally, but when i want to grab statistics i paste the log into a VM and run the app in there, isolated.

Possible?

cheers

ermik

Looks nice, might give it a try on Linux

Could you include gained tiers on items?
Would be interesting to see how fast items tier over time

Idea for a function (if not already there).

Id like to parse logs through this app ”offline”. Is that possible?

Example: I play normally, but when i want to grab statistics i paste the log into a VM and run the app in there, isolated.

Possible?

cheers

ermik
Technically it is already possible to read the entire chat.log (or any file with the same type of data) into a single "run". Just not any user options visible atm. We could add an option to read through the entire selected chat.log file in the options if this is what you mean.

Could you include gained tiers on items?
Would be interesting to see how fast items tier over time
Good idea. Will add it to the backlog of things to do

We could add an option to read through the entire selected chat.log file in the options if this is what you mean.

Good idea. Will add it to the backlog of things to do

Yes! That function would do it for me. :)

Very nice. Thanks for sharing! I like the UI very much.

We added a checkbox for this in the settings. Version 0.6.2

I hope that helps!
Nice program man, is it possible to make it remove loot from a run for example mid run you may want to convert shrapnel or refine something, if you do that the tool would pick it up as extra loot received making the run inaccurate?

If I was a hunter, i would have tested and used this for sure. Love data ^^
Is is possible to export the end data to excel perhaps? That would be great for future stats and history. Or if it got some save function in-build

Nice program man, is it possible to make it remove loot from a run for example mid run you may want to convert shrapnel or refine something, if you do that the tool would pick it up as extra loot received making the run inaccurate?
Universal ammo is excluded from the logging to avoid the problem with converted shrapnel atm. But being able to edit the value or remove a loot item could come in handy since to avoid mistakes. Will consider adding that.

If I was a hunter, i would have tested and used this for sure. Love data ^^
Is is possible to export the end data to excel perhaps? That would be great for future stats and history. Or if it got some save function in-build
It saves data in an sqlite database currently. But there are plans to add some sort of export in the future to allow storing data outside the tool

This looks pretty awesome! Couple suggestions of some things I'd like to see:

• The ability to add a running TT difference in the overlay. (total loot - total spend) so I can see a ped value representation of my return in addition to %.
  • A running total of loot events. I know it's impossible to get this perfect with killing multiple things and looting at the same time..etc. But would be good to have a best guess based on the chunks of loot entries in the log. I like to keep track of how many kills I've got.
  • In tracking the loot events it would be cool to track the cost per kills.
  • For skill gains it would be nice to see the skill gain events in addition to just the total skill levels gained. IE showing that there were 14 perception gains that totaled 1.36 levels.
  • Ability to track enhancers that break
Happened to notice the global tracking doesn't seem to work.

That's it for now, going to play around with it for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to create this!

Last edited:
Version 0.7.0 have been published.

Contains the following:
  • Tier events
  • Enhancer break events
  • PED returns in overlay
  • Number of times each skill gain happen
  • Some bugfixes

Version 0.8.0 have been published.

Contains the following major changes:
  • Kill count / loot event tracking (needs to be enabled in settings)
  • Session timer

Version 0.8.0 have been published.

Contains the following major changes:
  • Kill count / loot event tracking (needs to be enabled in settings)
  • Session timer
Noice! Thanks for the update. Now if we could just easily exclude some things from the tracking so it can be used to track only hunting results and not be skewed by digging mining claims or refining it would be perfect!

Also Noticed the overlay starts cutting off values when you get into the thousands and have 5 different values showing. Would be nice to have some extra padding there and the ability to support larger values.

Also Noticed the overlay starts cutting off values when you get into the thousands and have 5 different values showing. Would be nice to have some extra padding there and the ability to support larger values.
The overlay is resizable if it is the spacing that is the issue 🤔

I found an issue where when i click on the screen overlay , it disappears and i have to drag it while entropia is minimized and guess where i want it to lay.

Also , is it possible you could add a way to use a tagger , maybe assign it to a certain hotkey.

I found an issue where when i click on the screen overlay , it disappears and i have to drag it while entropia is minimized and guess where i want it to lay.

Also , is it possible you could add a way to use a tagger , maybe assign it to a certain hotkey.
I have fixed the overlay issue on Windows. It will be in the next release, whenever that will be ⏳ (unless you build it yourself, in which case you can get it right away in the PR branch)

In regards to hotkeys for weapon sets that is something I am planning on looking into.

Last edited:
very nice tool, maybe u can add a dark mode to main window

Hi, nice looking program!

A couple of requests/suggestions:

Make Vibrant Sweat loot events not count as kills?
Make it remember the placement of overlay?
Allow custom values for loot?
Ability to use local timezone?

Last edited:

Until it is fixed in the next release, you should be able to (assuming you are on Windows) hit your Windows Key (Win Key is disabled if Entropia is the active window, in that case, you will have to Alt+Tab) > click the 2nd Entropia Tally window on your taskbar to bring the overlay to the front and then click your game window again, then drag overlay around without it going behind the game again ("temporarily", you have to avoid clicking the overlay again after that or repeat the process), to avoid having to just guess at placement

@slazor another nice feature would be the ability to merge and separate session/run data (in app) - for now i use https://sqlitebrowser.org/ :)

Last edited:
@slazor another nice feature would be the ability to merge and separate session/run data (in app) - for now i use https://sqlitebrowser.org/ :)
Not sure I understand what you mean by merge and separate. Could you give an example?

---

Status update otherwise: a 0.9.0 release is slowly creeping closer. I still have a bunch of smaller things I want to include before making a release.
The new features/updates become available as they each are finished for those building it themselves ofc.

Not sure I understand what you mean by merge and separate. Could you give an example?
Yes of course. For example; I started logging a new run without first selecting a previously created session that groups the type of hunt I was doing, then later realizing the mistake, I changed the session_id in the session_instances table to match the other grouped runs, via sqlitebrowser.

Also, while I've got your attention I would just like to confirm you saw post #23, with a few other suggestions/requests.
And again, really great program! Thanks for creating it and making it public :)

Additionally, I have been using this to track crafting runs in addition to hunts. To do this, I have created a "crafting session" and log each run as normal - simply enter the cost of material as "Additional costs (armor, healing...)" on the returns tab.
Example: 100 clicks of EP1 = enter 2 ped as "additional costs" - "success" and "near success" are then tallied as kills, while "failed" will not increase kill counter, because no loot event occurred.

Last edited:
Yes of course. For example; I started logging a new run without first selecting a previously created session that groups the type of hunt I was doing, then later realizing the mistake, I changed the session_id in the session_instances table to match the other grouped runs, via sqlitebrowser.
Ah, that makes sense. Will certainly try and find a place to support this through the UI. (y)

Also, while I've got your attention I would just like to confirm you saw post #23, with a few other suggestions/requests.
Yes, I saw it. Both of these two has been fixed and will be in the next release
- Make Vibrant Sweat loot events not count as kills?
- Make it remember the placement of overlay?

Also just to confirm things while we are at it.
- Allow custom values for loot?
Do you mean the ability to edit the values?

- Ability to use local timezone?
Are you referring to the loot event that come in MA time or the database timestamps?

I tried the tool yesterday and I really liked it, like the nice UI. I did notice however that it appears it didn't manage to track that I looted two serpent scales from gorgon wave (separate mobs) so it only tracked one for some reason. Otherwise it tracked fine.

For future updates it would be epic if it had the ability to show a complete summary of all runs overall stats for all your runs total. Like showing total amount of loot, cycle, skills gained, stats, misc, returns. That would be exportable to excel as well.

Also the overlay could use some touching up. When you add too many info on overlay the data gets really hard to read and you need to adjust it to make it much larger to be able to read it. Personally the table names should be first, then the data, and there's no need to show "Time label" since it already shows the time moving.
Instead of having so much text you can simplify it.
Total loot = TT out OR Loot
Total Spent = TT in OR Spent
Returns = +-
Return Rate = R %
Globals = G
HoFs = H
If the overlay was more compacted like that it would look a lot more slim and easy to read and take less space on screen imo.
Hit % & Evade %, personally the only interesting info there for me is hit %. And if it showed crit %. Does the evade % show how many times the target evaded your attack or how many times you evaded the target, it's unclear to me. Also there is dodging and "MISS" which comes from using unmaxed weapons, does the MISS get added into this "evade %" ?

Also just to confirm things while we are at it.
- Allow custom values for loot?
Do you mean the ability to edit the values?
For example, the ability to set the value of sweat at 0.0015 (1.5PED/k)
Scenario: I do a puny hunt and end up with less than 100% returns, I then sweat the difference to reach what I spent. It is nice to see this value in real-time.

- Ability to use local timezone?
Are you referring to the loot event that come in MA time or the database timestamps?
Referring to the database timestamps. This way, I can see in my local time when the session/run occurred, which could be helpful for recognizing good vs bad times to hunt throughout the day/night.

Thanks!

A suggestion for the overlay; can it be renamed from "Entropia Tally" to "Entropia Tall: Overlay" etc., so it does not match the main window name. Currently, OBS (live stream software) picks up the main window first and then must be manually switched to the overlay via source properties, each time it is launched. As a side effect, this will also make alt-tab easier when the window preview is not available.

Back