Looted a player.

Status
Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Hi,

I could never have imagined how big this has become since Ive been offline since I looted another player.

There seems to be claims that I have lured a noob into lootable pvp and looted him.

I have not spoken to the player that I looted before, during or after this event that took place.

This person has entered lootable space by his own, and as I saw him in space I decided to shoot first, not be shot first.

I looted about 30 ped of muscle oil, 5 ped of shrapnel, and 4 unreal tokens.

If this player messaged me after I looted him and explained that he was new and didnt mean to enter lootable pvp I'd gladly have given him the stuff back, and given a ride down to caly.

I've been offline for two days as I mentioned above and this seems to be getting out of hand.

A few friends messaged me and told me that there are rumours that I walk around, talk noobs into lootable only to loot them... i'd never do such a thing.

I hope people cwn have a civil discussion and understand my side of this event as well,

I cant even remember the name of the player that I looted, so If someome can point me that way I can
gladly have a word with him and see what I can do to make this right.

It was never my intention to piss someone off, and I hope to make things right.

I am aware at this point there is nothing I can say, because this has blown way out of proportion.

I wish people would stop botting instead of blaming people that loot them :)

Regards,
Edge

Last edited:
I saw you killing new players with creature control capsules at Boreas on Sunday, something that used to be prohibited.

Somehow it is now allowed. I know this because you killed me.

Forum rules dont allow me to say much more but you know what I think of you. You disappoint me.

I saw you killing new players with creature control capsules at Boreas on Sunday, something that used to be prohibited.

Somehow it is now allowed. I know this because you killed me.

Forum rules dont allow me to say much more but you know what I think of you. You disappoint me.
Yeah, im sorry about that. I tried to give people some fun with a creature control pill. I never thought people would flip out sbout it... I had many pms after that from people asking how I did it and that they thought it was fun though. Its a harmless creature control pill :)

You play Entropia using intended game mechanics? Outrageous!

Regarding the control capsule. Noobs cry about getting killed by you while sweating but happily spend hours at Zychion repeatedly dying to Mulciber? Yeah ok. Don’t over do it though, and leave people alone at the terminals I think.

Offtopic :D

I had a person on Arkadia chat (years ago) spamming saying im a robber, thief for killing him in lootable. He had like 50-100 peds if i recall max. 10 players on chat to told him is his fault for going at low level in lootable. He stopped after a while.

What i did in future tho, if someone was going aggressive or complaining on first message > insta ignore for 1 weekend until they calm down lol.

Last edited:
You play Entropia using intended game mechanics? Outrageous!

Regarding the control capsule. Noobs cry about getting killed by you while sweating but happily spend hours at Zychion repeatedly dying to Mulciber? Yeah ok. Don’t over do it though, and leave people alone at the terminals I think.
Yes, and then people go out of their way and start making things up, which after being spread around for long enough seems to become truths somehow.

Ias I said, I'll gladly pay the beginner back his stuff, if someone could give me his name.

I simply havnt been here to see what has been going on and I am in quite a shock right now.

Hi,

I could never have imagined how big this has become since Ive been offline since I looted another player.

There seems to be claims that I have lured a noob into lootable pvp and looted him.

I have not spoken to the player that I looted before, during or after this event that took place.

This person has entered lootable space by his own, and as I saw him in space I decided to shoot first, not be shot first.

If this player messaged me after I looted him and explained that he was new and didnt mean to enter lootable pvp I'd gladly have given him the stuff back, and given a ride down to caly.

I've been offline for two days as I mentioned above and this seems to be getting out of hand.

A few friends messaged me and told me that there are rumours that I walk around, talk noobs into lootable only to loot them... i'd never do such a thing.

I hope people cwn have a civil discussion and understand my side of this event as well,

I cant even remember the name of the player that I looted, so If someome can point me that way I can

I am aware at this point there is nothing I can say, because this has blown way out of proportion.

Regards,
Edge
So then why did you add the person to your guest list of your quad and then remove once you killed the person? That does not line up with your story.

See... there are these things called screenshots.... and they tell the story.

You got caught. You are trying to backpedal. And you can't.

Hope it was worth it.

If there is screenshots of an actual lure taking place send them to mindark in a report. No point flaming here because this will be deleted in 20 minutes or so.
Game needs to be changed to require two party consent to a guest list addition or these lures will happen. Not saying OP did or didn’t as I haven’t seen any evidence.

MkxKXJ4.png

I wasn't aware you're able to do all this based on your statements

Edit: Censored names because PCF rules

If there is screenshots of an actual lure taking place send them to mindark in a report. No point flaming here because this will be deleted in 20 minutes or so.
Game needs to be changed to require two party consent to a guest list addition or these lures will happen. Not saying OP did or didn’t as I haven’t seen any evidence.
Mindark too lazy to even protect new players they want to bring into the game. Only recourse folks have is to raise a big stink and force the hand.

I don't care about reputation or whatnot I couldn't care less who did this, since this has happened so many times and this is just one instance - I just think its a bit of a problem that people can be lured into PVP either as noobs, macro afk-ing, perhaps even non-afk's panicking when they don't realize they can exit a vehicle by holding F once it's in flight.

It's not up to the player base to punish those who macro (and even worse in this case, punishing noobs for lack of knowledge). I don't think anyone should get banned for this but there needs to be an adjustment to the system, perhaps entering vehicles with F should not be a default key? Seems like a simple solution...

I don't care about reputation or whatnot I couldn't care less who did this, since this has happened so many times and this is just one instance - I just think its a bit of a problem that people can be lured into PVP either as noobs, macro afk-ing, perhaps even non-afk's panicking when they don't realize they can exit a vehicle by holding F once it's in flight.

It's not up to the player base to punish those who macro (and even worse in this case, punishing noobs for lack of knowledge). I don't think anyone should get banned for this but there needs to be an adjustment to the system, perhaps entering vehicles with F should not be a default key? Seems like a simple solution...
But that's the problem. A new player already has a hard enough trouble - they're not going to know this... and that makes them the perfect prey.

Now Entropia will have 1 less player they could have had.

Yes, and then people go out of their way and start making things up, which after being spread around for long enough seems to become truths somehow.

Ias I said, I'll gladly pay the beginner back his stuff, if someone could give me his name.

I simply havnt been here to see what has been going on and I am in quite a shock right now.
ppl are losers and whine cuz they lost. You did nothing wrong.. if its in the game its allowed and its their own fault for getting looted or killed by a creature pill... this new generation of crying losers...

Its mindarks fault for having the game as it is.... :D

Hi,

I wish people would stop botting instead of blaming people that loot them :)

Regards,
Edge

Would like to say you can know who the name of the character you killed is, through your chat logs saved on your computer.
You either didn't know this, or just not care enough to search.

Your last sentence though... This new guy was botting is what you're implying? Don't you think presuming such things is harmful to everyone?

In any case and according to certain community politics, you are now a pirate. I hope the pirate society has a place for you there, otherwise your whole society might get flagged for pvp by the space-police.

Meanwhile, people like me will sit on the sidelines watching what unfolds from this.

Clearly I was in the wrong here.

Fuck my rep or w/e, it is what it is.

However, I'd like to get in contact with the guy to give him a few things... I've tried to message, pm and friend request but I can understand if he doesn't want to talk to me.

I'd be very thankful if someone could reach out to him and help me give him a few things, I know that no one will want to help me here from this day forward but maybe you want to help him, and for what it is worth I'd appreciate that...

If you know him, please let him know I have a few things for him.

Lootable space is more trouble than it's worth at the moment, something needs to change. Unless player retention is not a priority anymore.
For sure. Been saying this for 10years ^^

After a lot of conversation on Discord, the OP ended up giving the player he looted several hundred ped in compensation. It is important to note that there was some remorse, whether it is because he got caught in a lie or because there was guilt, is not relevant. What happens next with Edgewise is up to him; if he wants to continue with the redemption arc. What is more important is that the new player got to see the good side of a lot of the community vs. the toxicity of those who just want to take advantage of others.

Feel free to relock.

Mindark clearly said in the LAN event that they will not touch space.
I don’t think they will change it either. If you do it wrong for 10 years and still don’t get it then it’s a lost case :p

Some times it is best to keep quiet.

This was one of those times.

someone will have to explain to me again how you can be in control of your avatar at all times, yet still get dragged and killed in space pvp as i just see absolutely no way of it happening.

unless of course there was some magical spell pressing keys or clicking/moving my cursor instead of me i really dont see how it could happen to me

oh well

someone will have to explain to me again how you can be in control of your avatar at all times, yet still get dragged and killed in space pvp as i just see absolutely no way of it happening.

unless of course there was some magical spell pressing keys or clicking/moving my cursor instead of me i really dont see how it could happen to me

oh well
It's been stated multiple times. Unsure if you want to know or if this is P/A:

* People use interact key to shoot.
* Interact key also makes you enter a ship - including a ship someone allowed you access to without your consent.
* Once the ship leaves the ground - interact key does not let you exit. You have to - Hold it down OR right click your name plate and search for exit vehicle OR press exit seat button if you have it bound
* A new player isn't going to know these things. Even seasonal folks will panic. New players won't even know about lootable.

All the above are cumbersome or problematic if:

* You are a new player and have no idea how to exit (as stated above)
* For accessibility reasons, play using a controller or external hardware (and you dont know that holding down interact key for a few seconds makes you eject)
* You are in fact not at your computer

Regardless of these, we cannot have the conversation you pose because:

* Adding people to ship guest lists without their consent should not be possible (as was the case with summoning); adding with the intent to move them, drag them, or certainly loot them is against game TOS. (Interfering with Gameplay)

All you are saying is: well, I don't know why they allowed the shoplifter to steal the candy bars. They should have had them behind glass. The short of is, they shouldn't need to. Shoplifting is against the law. (In this analogy, performing these actions is against TOS - even if one of the 3 bullets, which you have no idea is the case and not your function, is also against the TOS).

Last edited:
It's been stated multiple times. Unsure if you want to know or if this is P/A:

* People use interact key to shoot.
* Interact key also makes you enter a ship - including a ship someone allowed you access to without your consent.
* Once the ship leaves the ground - interact key does not let you exit. You have to - Hold it down OR right click your name plate and search for exit vehicle OR press exit seat button if you have it bound
* A new player isn't going to know these things. Even seasonal folks will panic. New players won't even know about lootable.

All the above are cumbersome or problematic if:

* You are a new player and have no idea how to exit (as stated above)
* For accessibility reasons, play using a controller or external hardware (and you dont know that holding down interact key for a few seconds makes you eject)
* You are in fact not at your computer

Regardless of these, we cannot have the conversation you pose because:

* Adding people to ship guest lists without their consent should not be possible (as was the case with summoning); adding with the intent to move them, drag them, or certainly loot them is against game TOS. (Interfering with Gameplay)

All you are saying is: well, I don't know why they allowed the shoplifter to steal the candy bars. They should have had them behind glass. The short of is, they shouldn't need to. Shoplifting is against the law. (In this analogy, performing these actions is against TOS - even if one of the 3 bullets, which you have no idea is the case and not your function, is also against the TOS).
thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated. the morality of it is not the issue i think we can both agree that this shouldnt be happening

maybe its just because i come from a law background and tend to find the devil in the details, but you are not interfering with gameplay if doing it to a botter, only if you are if doing it to a new player (or someone playing with a controller or external hardware). gameplay cannot be interfered with if theres no gameplay to begin with. the only person "playing" is the perpetrator, the "victim" is not even aware at the time of the looting so how can their gameplay be interfered with? again, its another story if they're in front of their computer.

definition of gameplay: Gameplay is the specific way in which players interact with a game,and in particular with video games. Gameplay is the pattern defined through the game rules,connection between player and the game,challenges and overcoming them, plot and player's connection with it.

so if no player interacts with the game on one side, then it is technically impossible to interfere with gameplay

since the tos technically have not been breached, it would be very hard to justify punishing the perpetrators of this scam. again, not saying it should be allowed but it would be more beneficial to get rid of botters/macroers first, as the ToS would be way easier to enforce in that case

very curious to see if we will ever see an official reply from MA on this, as im very conflicted on this topic

This plus creature control pill kills ..... seems the darkness regardless of your regrets has come for you Edge.

thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated. the morality of it is not the issue i think we can both agree that this shouldnt be happening

maybe its just because i come from a law background and tend to find the devil in the details, but you are not interfering with gameplay if doing it to a botter, only if you are if doing it to a new player (or someone playing with a controller or external hardware). gameplay cannot be interfered with if theres no gameplay to begin with. the only person "playing" is the perpetrator, the "victim" is not even aware at the time of the looting so how can their gameplay be interfered with? again, its another story if they're in front of their computer.

definition of gameplay: Gameplay is the specific way in which players interact with a game,and in particular with video games. Gameplay is the pattern defined through the game rules,connection between player and the game,challenges and overcoming them, plot and player's connection with it.

so if no player interacts with the game on one side, then it is technically impossible to interfere with gameplay

since the tos technically have not been breached, it would be very hard to justify punishing the perpetrators of this scam. again, not saying it should be allowed but it would be more beneficial to get rid of botters/macroers first, as the ToS would be way easier to enforce in that case

very curious to see if we will ever see an official reply from MA on this, as im very conflicted on this topic

Exactly. Can we put the definition of gameplay somewhere in game? In Twin Peaks or something? There are people who play this game for eons and cannot grasp what gameplay is. But are very "handy" with ToS...

Status
Back