Loss of Skills on Logout? Time to find out!

Close , but since the pre-logoff screenshots have no session time they can hardly be considerd as evidence.

Of course they can be considered evidence if you care about fixing a problem--the screenshots themselves contain date/time info in the filename.

Sure, in a court of law they could be questioned as to whether the filenames had been altered for some reason (could that be demonstrated by the files themselves?), but as evidence that something is wrong they provide plenty of info.

Of course they can be considered evidence if you care about fixing a problem--the screenshots themselves contain date/time info in the filename.

Sure, in a court of law they could be questioned as to whether the filenames had been altered for some reason (could that be demonstrated by the files themselves?), but as evidence that something is wrong they provide plenty of info.

Leave them alone for the company has an expensive house to pay it clear that they are not content with just nerfs.:D

I have lost skills myself. It's sad that I can only realize it when I have gotten a new rank of gone up a proffession. I don't play much so I may not be the best player to say this. It does happen, no doubt about that.

How it can be stopped, I do not know. Sometimes my skillgains simple slip out of my hands.
Wait for timer to tick away : doesn't seem to help.
Go to another server (continent even) : doesn't seem to help.
Do other things after activity (storage, repair, auction) : doesn't seem to help.
Look at the skills and proffessions : doesn't seem to help.

Of course there is always the possiblity when trying to prove that we lose skills that you trigger something that keeps your skills.

:(:tele::(

I must admit that I haven't lost any skills since my last post.

What I do now is :
1. Scroll through all the proffession pages. Including pages 2/3 tabs for combat and construction.
2. Scroll through all the skill pages. Click on "all skills/attributes" and click on the nextbutton till I've "seen" all 16 pages.

This doesn't take long at all.

It got me thinking however : maybe it's the proffession level increase or skill rank increase that isn't properly saved. Because, well, that's when I notice something is missing. If it has happened at other times too then I believe I would have missed out many more skills.

To end with a positive note : MindArk has fixed the issue.

:):smash::)

Nope. Don't accept it without the time in the screen shot. Anyone can set the date/time for the filename. Changing the screenshot too can be done but not so easily.

You need the prelog off time stamp. And I would say at least three different people doing the same.

I am not saying that this isn't happening. In fact, if it is, I would very much like to get it fixed. But we need GOOD evidence. Not somewhat close evidence.

This is a wonderful idea. :D

But I think I'll stop using the exit early button from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

+ Rep 4 effort to help others :D

Close , but since the pre-logoff screenshots have no session time they can hardly be considerd as evidence.

If it's for MA internal use, they can probably get a bit of evidence themselves.

In my case, take a avatar skill database backup 24 hours ago, together with inventory (TP chip TT, and ME).
Then make a current database snapshot.

Now compare ME usage and chip decay with the database dumps, and adjust according to trade logs other reason for change of ME (trade or refine). And as some people say, there should be the oddity that even though ME have been used, there is probably no TP chip decay.

The server guys probably already know what's going on, but either they are keeping it from support staff or they've told the support staff to respond with a nonsense copy&paste answer ("The skills system is complicated blaha blaha we won't provide more info").

As someone told me (a fellow player, not anyone from MA ofc) is that the reason probably is the relog itself - if you TP somewhere and then relog that's when you lose skills. In most normal cases it's no problem since you rarely TP and then relog, but it's bount to happen a bit if you do skill teleporting (or teleport alot for some other reason).

As I posted in another thread here is the skills before and after a relog:

(Why I do screenshotting my skills? I started do that from time to time after the time when I got same professional increase twice, and the MA support didn't understand my problem with it...)

Last edited:

They probably can track the loss of skills, indirectly, by comparing for instance usage of ME and acutal skill increase. Imho, if you use 30-40 ped of ME for teleportation, you should get at least one "green line". Also, since some people say that when skills are lost so is decay, they could also check decay of TP chip and compare it to ME used by teleportation.

My guess is that the server guys knows about it, but they're either not telling support dept, or they've told them to shot up aobut it and reply with a "copy&paste" answer ("Skill system is complicated... only full points... your data looks fine... we won't give you any information.")

(In case you wonder, I started to occasionally take screenshots of keyskills before logout after I got the same professional increase twice, and the support dept. didn't understand the problem with it...)

It happened day before also, I could show screenshots for it aswell, but those screenshots doesn't contain time and date (though if you have chat log file and you compare the globals you can see what order they are at).

One theory I heard from a friend ingame (not from support ofc) is that skills are lost if you (re)log after you have teleported.

MA officials need to step up and publicly address this issue.. but where are they?

I've lost count how many times i've maxed a bp only to continue to gain qr ratings the next day etc etc

They are hiding behind FPC :(

Well..

The first 2 years here i almost never got out logged but after that i getting out logged few times every time i am in the game...

Now i know whay.:twocents: :laugh::laugh:

got the bug

:mad:I am the latest victim of this issue. I have been playing less than a week. A friend wanted to give me a jump start and gave me 200k ammo to hunt punies and skill up. When I logged out 7 hours later I had laser pistoleer at professional level 2 and the six right below it at level 1, I log back in after sleeping and and they all went back down. There was also some skill rank loss. We are talking a span of several hours, so no way it is a sync issue unless times between syncs are 8+ hours. I would have never thought to take screenshots of my skills and prof levels.. but I do now. Waiting to hear back from Customer support:mad:

I was glad to see this post.I leveled up at least 4 times on same profession,thought I was nuts and just not remembering correctly.:scratch2:

i didn't screenshot it but i had it happen to me 2 times this week :mad:

some year it will be fixed :silly2:

Whats funny is I've never had this happen to me. I'm not sure why, maybe it has but havent realised but usually I look at the skill points of my professions rather than the profession level. They all seem correct I usually check my defensive skills b4 logging out after hunting. So if I see a decrease I know I wud have lost other skills, but no everything is how I left it. Usually before logging out I tp to different places or go storage, auctioneer maybe. But the thing I think works the best is buying/ selling stuff to TT or making a trade with someone.

Last edited:
I'm convinced that I can prefend losing skills by checking all the skill pages. When I started (years ago) I always checked my skills at the end, just for curiosity. A few months ago I've lost that curiosity and that's when I first noticed that skills where missing. Now I'm back to checking all the skills and I don't loose them any longer.
(I also check all my proffessions just to be on the save side.)

Yes, I'm aware that it doesn't explain why aia lost her skills.

:):dunno::)

lol I thought this issues where a joke of some bored ppls.
I couls simply not imagine that a developer of a RCE would let something like that happen.
I think I will go back to regular gain checkings too because seriously this is just a shame for MA. :rolleyes:

Well, customer service told me there is nothing they can do but they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Just sucks because what newb thinks to take screenshots of their skills before logging out?

Well, customer service told me there is nothing they can do but they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Just sucks because what newb thinks to take screenshots of their skills before logging out?

They are aware of it? Really?

That sounds new to me. :thumbup:

I never got the same level up again (I hope) but I´m not sure because I had never look after my Skills before I read something about this bug...:scratch2:
Now I waiting some time before I log out and waste my ped whit repairing or something.

To date I haven't experienced any skill loss, even on forced client-crash tests. At least it appears that the issue is rare.

I still keep an eye on them every logout/login however - and will keep doing so. It's bound to happen sometime.

Thanks for looking still Beech. It's obvious it does happen. It's most obvious when you level up in something, come back the next day and level it again.... sigh..

Any updates? Or is it fixed after one year more time?:confused:

Back