lost My Desert Stalker and Dante

Status
Very sorry about that NOS :( I read your story in twin this morning in the chat box.
I don't know the value of these items (probably lot of K peds) but I can understand your feelings now. Had same problems in the past (not big amount of peds). But the feeling is the same. We can't believe people will do that until they do ...

They're just fucking bastards !

Hope the best issue for you Nos !

Sorry for your loss....but this goes back to as a person we should be responsible for our own actions. If I loan someone something and they dont return then it is my fault for not being a better judge of a person. I should not blame the system. You can't accidently trade something or tt something there are multiple confirmations before this is done. This is how society has changed and nothing is the individuals fault. It is time that people nowadays man-up and hold themselves accountable for mistakes that they make instead of expecting the authorities to bail them out.

Sorry for your loss....but this goes back to as a person we should be responsible for our own actions. If I loan someone something and they dont return then it is my fault for not being a better judge of a person. I should not blame the system. You can accidently trade something or tt something there are multiple confirmations before this is done. This is how society has changed and nothing is the individuals fault. It is time that people nowadays man-up and hold themselves accountable for mistakes that they make instead of expecting the authorities to bail them out.

The only reason the authorities are there in a democratic society is to defend it's people. Your post is not well thought out and fairly presumptuous as well. I do not see anywhere that the OP blamed the system. But he is working within the system to try to get it resolved.

Oh, and another point. A crime should never be blamed on the person it happened to. You bluntly say that this is his fault. How so? He was stolen from. He committed no wrong on another person. Is it a woman's fault if she is !!!!!? Harsh example, but.....

Your logic is inherently flawed.

I am not saying he is wrong or to blame. To accept the blame would depend on his beliefs. Myself I would accept responsibility. Since you are giving examples if i do not lock my car and someone steals my fishing poles from inside then yes I am a victim of a crime but it IS my fault for allowing that crime happen so easily. My insurance company will not reimburse me since I did not lock my car.

NOS, I feel for you - you obviously thought you could trust this person and you've had that trust betrayed and that's simply a really horrible thing to have happen, but it happens. At least you have the resources (such as knowing who the thief is) to do something about it. That's a start! Good luck!

There should be a whole system for lending or renting your gear to other players... something similar to the trade window, but a different system.

When the loan or the rented period is over, the item is automatically returned to the owner... and the rented or loaned item should not be possible to be sold if you are not the owner...

As for renting or loaning L items, the owner can put a limit on the decay ... something like “you may use my L item, but it would allow you to put only x amount of peds decay on it"...

But what I’m talking about?????.. :scratch2: we don’t even have copy and paste in the chat, let alone fancy stuff like that...

That's a REALLY good idea.

To be able to trust someone is a wonderfull thing, you just need to find the good people. ;)

I agree. I think the loan system could be there for use when you don't trust someone. It would not stop you from using the gesture of putting trust in people by loaning something to them the old fashioned way. It would simply be better to have both options.

I am not saying he is wrong or to blame. To accept the blame would depend on his beliefs. Myself I would accept responsibility. Since you are giving examples if i do not lock my car and someone steals my fishing poles from inside then yes I am a victim of a crime but it IS my fault for allowing that crime happen so easily. My insurance company will not reimburse me since I did not lock my car.

In your example, it is not your fault. It would be considered a poor decision, but it would not be your fault. And an insurance agency is not the police. If the police found your fishing poles, they would still return them to you although you had failed to lock your doors.

Now, to try to put this thread back on track....I truly hope the thief decides on his own to return the items. Noone enjoys needing to involve the authorities in a dispute, but getting them involved is always a good option where theft is involved.

Well in my example thats where a person beliefs come into play.I am responsible and it is my fault. But that is just my opinion and we are in a place where we can each have our own opinions and choose whether we hold ourselves accountable for our decisions or not.

THere is something that can be done to prevent this from occurring and Protect any and all players involved.

First is a trade Lock option on all items Like this...

Second Since So many People Loan there items out
a Second Check box that allows the item to be setup for Renting be it a Free Rental or Fee Based Rental.
Obviously Both boxes Must be checked for Item Rental to occur.

Somethign Must be Done to get this into the Game asap.

Any and all who want this option Must Send a Support ticket to MA
The More of us that DO the More likely MA will Listen to us and Give us this solutuion

I also don't see how people can constitute this as theft. This was a voluntary TRADE, in which a DEAL was FINALIZED ingame by both parties involved.

I don't believe US law would necessarily apply in a world-wide "virtual world".

Also, how can you PROVE there was an expectation of getting it back?

Bottom line, never "lend" anything to anyone ingame for any reason... ever.

Law would be applied based on where any part of the incident occurred. The problem is when I am in the US and the offender is in LalaLand where the US has no jurisdiction and the authorities will not cooperate. Law does apply to virtual items and is evolving quickly.
As far as proving the expectation of getting it back, that is pretty easy. Defendent, did you expect to get your gun back? Answer: yes, of course I did. Why did you think that you would get it back? Answer: Because she asked if she could borrow it.

Pretty easy stuff actually. Not CSI like on TV.

Well, since everyone else is weighing in, I guess I will too :)

I do think the OP made a bad choice in loaning out such expensive items without collateral. It is stealing if the trade was established as a loan beforehand, and MA will no doubt support this with a log check. I think the OP will pay for his bad decision with all the time, headaches, and frustration he will have to invest into this problem to set it right. I think the person who decided to steal is an idiot, since it is apparent that he doesn't live in a lawless country, has people that know his real name and address, and thinks he will actually get away with this.

My last 2 pecs, use 85$ and file a civil suit even if FBI doesn't get him to surrender the goods. What you've lost is worth much more and I'm sure you'll want to inflict some face to face mental agony in the courtroom. By that time, you'll be able to get the trade chat logs from MA as evidence.

How about if someone scams you on E-Bay? Wouldn't the cops do something about that? Not much different, real money, Items with real cash value traded in a virtual environment between RL people.

I haven't been able to read all the posts, but for some reason noone is mentioning the name of the person that "borrowed" the items.

were not a thread a few days ago where someone had accidently sold an item for 15 peds even when the original value was about 39000 peds? Once the name was known the people that knew the buyer talked him into giving the items back.

Is there a reason why the name of the "borrower" can be released? or is just a different theme here because not money was exchanged?

In any case, i would like to know the name so neither me nor anyone else would fall for it in the future. (and yes i have treasured gun that would piss me off if i lose it to something like this)

I think it's forum rules that you cannot name the person :(
She has been kicked from society and I can only hope and pray that the item or ped value can be recovered
I apologise to the whole community for the wrong a soc member of mine has done to it and wish I had better skills at reading people before accepting them in :(

Revealing real-world or personally identifyable information about an EF member or Entropia Universe participant is not permitted on EntropiaForum, regardless of the situation.

Forum Rules said:
2.5 - Personal Information
Revealing real world information about a member, administrator or moderator is STRICTLY PROHIBITED, regardless of the source, public or private. This includes any information about a forum member or Entropia Universe participant that reveals an individual's legal name, address, occupation or other sensitive or personally identifiable information. All such content WILL BE DELETED, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum.

Also, accusations of scamming that name EF members or EU particpants are not permitted:

Forum Rules said:
2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

Such issues should be handled by MindArk/EntropiaUniverse support, or your local authorities.

Many of these "scams" could be easily avoided by following basic precautions: do not lend items to other participants.

In fact, MindArk offers a comprehensive Scam Prevention Policy on the PlanetCalypso website, which if heeded, would help players avoid nearly all scams of this nature. That guide offers the following advice:

NEVER lend or give your items to another participant that you do not trust or know personally. Due to the diversity of human nature, not all participants in the Entropia Universe will be honest upstanding citizens.​

That guide also offers steps one should take in any case where a scam may have occured:

I've been scammed, what should I do?
Immediately Contact Support in a Support Case. Please give us the complete name of the avatar that scammed you, the date and time the scam took place, the full name of the items lost and a short description of what has happened.

Since items in the Entropia Universe have a real value you should also consider filing an official police report about your lost items. If the local police contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.

Will I get my items back?
Unfortunately, if you do fall victim of a scam we cannot return any of the lost items or money.

What will happen to a reported scammer?
If you report another participant as a "scammer", we will investigate and determine what actions need to be taken. Each case is unique and will be treated as such. One means of disciplinary action is the issuing of a warning and a call for the behavior to cease. If the behavior persists, the participant risks suspension of his or her account, or permanent expulsion from the Entropia Universe.​

The EntropiaForum community has no power to assist in potential scamming investigations, nor any power to assist with the resolution of such cases.

Please take up the issue with MindArk support and/or your local authorities.

:locked:

Status
Back