Lots of new content from mindark this year so far...

Stave

Deactivated Account
So in half a year, all the new platform content ma have provided us so far is hair with physics and thats it. Sounds like a very busy year for them :)

Seriously tho for a moment, is it just me or is that alot less new platform content for the time period given?

Beginning to wonder if something is up, be it good or bad idk, hard at work with a huge ass release, or bad times, whatever it is, intrested to hear what the communitys thoughts are on this

Last edited:
IF they actually test/review the planet partner contents before release that is a lot of workload as well. The "IF" is significant there.

Also must have taken them a lot of time to come with plans like CLD ( board room discussions, legal aspects etc ) , getting recruitment at top level etc .

Last edited:
Neither of those involve a development team tho do they?

One is testers, and the other is management/legal team etc

Lets not forget the long overdue taming is still yet to be reimplimented...

Personally, I think, things are getting better, albeit slowly.
Slowness, in part due to MA's faulty implementation of certain things... and wrong policies.. but slowly they are changing them....

Over all positive direction.. the MU needs to go down further, and cost to play should decrease more.
those are essential for the player base to grow.... without which the universe wont' survive!!!

MindArk's job these days is less to provide 'new content' directly to players (other than perhaps in Space, and there's new mobs there, remember) than to provide tools for the planet partners so that the PP's can produce new content for us.

With new planets like Cyrene coming out, together with all the PP's introducing missions, new items etc that all need re-balancing of the economy, I'd say that's where their focus should be.

There's still work to be done by MA ofc, with legacy areas like taming, and to enable the 'PVP Combat Scoreboard' that doesn't yet seem to function, etc, and perhaps even further upgrades to Space, as has been foreshadowed. Summer is coming tho, so I'm not expecting any major changes until they return from their August vacation :girl:

Lets not forget the long overdue taming is still yet to be reimplimented...

On testers, nope considering these are design issues which include loot classifications, this would involve the design team as well and "treasure hunting" would have required programming as well.

As for management, the "red tapism" kills work productivity across all sectors. You cant really start developing new systems without management approval. They were too busy getting the CLD, marketing team selection, PP discussions etc and probably just ignored the rest.

That said considering we dont know how many people are dedicated to different profiles in MA, it is hard to make a preemptive call on that.

Treasure hunting was a platform update, and was implimented a year ago

You do play the same game that the rest of us do, right?

As I said ingame, I do not think there is a need to worry since we do not know what systems they may have developed and/or improved that PPs can use but that are not directly visible to us :) development could go on without us knowing.

You do play the same game that the rest of us do, right?

The 'mindark part' of TH was finished a year ago, when the button for it appeared in finders. It is the Arkadia team that has taken so long to implement it, so no MA development time gone into that this year.

The 'mindark part' of TH was finished a year ago, when the button for it appeared in finders. It is the Arkadia team that has taken so long to implement it, so no MA development time gone into that this year.

Think you are wrong in this. The Button was there, but no platform code to use it. PP were waiting for MA to implement this code. Nearly only thing PP has to do with it, is building "treasures", BPs, and the stuff you can manufacture with those.

#5 .... i'm not sure of it yet...

In support of that assertion I hereby present this:

What's your source for the above info???

If you can show valid publicly availabe info then you really deserve for the follwing!

But I for one would support/or nominate you as an information liason officer btwn MA and the community

Think you are wrong in this. The Button was there, but no platform code to use it. PP were waiting for MA to implement this code. Nearly only thing PP has to do with it, is building "treasures", BPs, and the stuff you can manufacture with those.

There is only one treasure hunting system and its been finished for over a year, ever since that button appeared in the mining finder. It's on hold because Arkadia has choosen not to implement it. The rest of the planets will be able to introduce it later after Arkadia has had exclusivity for a while.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...other-planet&p=2940206&viewfull=1#post2940206

In support of that assertion I hereby present this:

If you can show valid publicly availabe info then you really deserve for the follwing!

Everybody knows Nighthawk works for MA.. but now I come to think of it.. so do you!

The post Stave quoted above, which is publicly available (and very easy to find) by clicking "Dev Posts" in the upper right corner of the page. I do it at last once a day when I am on the forum as it is currently the best way to keep up with what the Calypso developers are doing or saying :wise:

Everybody knows Nighthawk works for MA.. but now I come to think of it.. so do you!

No wonder loot is so bad sometimes... MA has to pay salaries to half the playerbase :laugh:

So in half a year, all the new platform content ma have provided us so far is hair with physics and thats it. Sounds like a very busy year for them :)

Seriously tho for a moment, is it just me or is that alot less new platform content for the time period given?

Beginning to wonder if something is up, be it good or bad idk, hard at work with a huge ass release, or bad times, whatever it is, intrested to hear what the communitys thoughts are on this

I expect the Cyrene Hub took at least some developer time. Also, Cyrene setup as such. But I agree that it has been a rather sparse year new systems and developments wise.

Depends on the number of people in each team and how those teams overlap. If "over one million registered accounts" feels like 10k in the most optimistic estimations, then estimate the productivity of "80 employees" :ahh:

Last edited:
Setting monopolies: Cyrene's Hub, Arkadia's treasure hunting; spreading the distrust with Developer Notes, destroying the only well working profession, mining, because of dragging along planet incapable of doing anything else than new graphics and ridicilous stats on tools; making efforts to spread the word about Entropia with Facebook app, limiting the competion between planet partners on mission rewards and etc, reach out to former customers with survey asking stupid questions as "why you left", new space content...

What I am still waiting for? Developer's asking for our patience with development and the game in general, body hair swinging in the wind, flip-flop on making more marketing efforts this year...

The post Stave quoted above, which is publicly available (and very easy to find) by clicking "Dev Posts" in the upper right corner of the page. I do it at last once a day when I am on the forum as it is currently the best way to keep up with what the Calypso developers are doing or saying :wise:

did you ever apply for a part time job for MA? i'm really not joking?

Back