Low end armours devalued...

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
I was just surfing prices a bit in order to see how they develp and I realsised that MA has totally devalued the nice Vigi armour in the last VUs. Vigi uesed to be a nice armour and at the time I bought it it was quite an achievement for me. I thought I had a fine armour...

These days it's just mass junk...

Not sure what the policy is here. THey might as well scrap 2/3 of all armours, the low end noone ever uses anyway appart from pixie, goblin, rascal, and then it's ghost, vigi, and the like.

Vigi was a higher up armour but at the prices it is available for now, who would even think of buying the low end armours ??? On the other hand there is hardly any supply of the higher end armours, and it's damn hard to get complete sets. So prices are either low and you get pretty good armour, or you pay insane prices to get something better. Unless you seriously deposit, a vigi or ghost owner has virtually no chance of upgrading further.

At this stage I would even advise n00bs to rather buy ghost instead of messing about with other stuff, it's so cheap in comparison ...

Thoughts welcome ;)
Thx

Well, vigi is a exellent against bots :) Just a good thing they going for less isn't it ? Same goes for Ghost. Its equal to Nem and have a decent protection on midlevel mobs. Decay is very good on both of them too. Jag, tiger etc. is just for them who have low hp and whant to hunt big bad mobs fast i think.

Northman said:
Well, vigi is a exellent against bots :) Just a good thing they going for less isn't it ? Same goes for Ghost. Its equal to Nem and have a decent protection on midlevel mobs. Decay is very good on both of them too. Jag, tiger etc. is just for them who have low hp and whant to hunt big bad mobs fast i think.

I just got my health to 100 the other day. What is the highest you ever heard of. Is 100 good. Or is that still very low end?

It's true what you say about MA suddenly flooding the place with certain items meaning they're worth a fraction of their former price, and this is one of my pet hates.

One minute something's worth loads, the next it can be worth nothing. Great if you bought it while it was cheap, but disasterous if you bought it at the other end of the scale.

I think this is fairly careless, and I don't care what people say about PE's economy being "dynamic" and that sorta horse crap. MindArk control the markets completely, and they're ripping people off by doing this, whether intentional or not.

It's unfair to allow people to pay thousands of peds for an item, only to find that a couple of months later they drop from every other combibo. This has happened on many occasions.

The only words of advice I can give is this:

TT value tells a lot about the number of items which will be made available. The higher it is, the less there are going to be. So if you have a rare item with low max TT (under 50ped), chances are there are going to be a lot more put in at some point.

As soon as you get over a couple of hundred PED, things start getting rare.

This isn't always the case, but it's a fairly good rule-of-thumb.

I just feel that MA need to be a little more open about their policies on dropping items -- it's only fair. If they didn't control it, it would be fair enough, as it would be a true supply/demand scenario which can be evaluated and measured separately. In this case it's a completely unknown entity.

On the positive side with the Vigi armor, what I've noticed is that MA tend to drop things in batches. Vigi has always been more common than most other armors of the range. I think they're just going through a "dropping" stage, and it should hopefully dry up soon, and prices will increase along with demand. Hold onto your Vigi and it'll soon be worth what you paid for it again, and probably more.

I think they generally increase the number of items in line with the number of currently active players. So, for example, they'll make one Vigi set for 1 in every 10 active players... I'm pretty sure that's how it works :)

Oma said:
I just got my health to 100 the other day. What is the highest you ever heard of. Is 100 good. Or is that still very low end?

100 is not bad Oma :) I think 100+ is out of noob status! I think the majority of players are around 100-110 and higher is still fairly rare looking at the bigger picture...

Most I've ever heard of is 340HP (see the "who has the highest HP" thread)... which is pretty darned amazing...

Oma said:

there are alot of players with 200 and over ;)

Round 150 and i will start thinking of getting better armour than ghost/nem :)

In case you are a hunter, if a miner i can understand peeps to have better armour.

Almost all prices are falling atm. (Summer and people cashing out!?)

And as already stated. Vigi is good for bots but for mobs I would compare it with shougun! :D

Noggin said:
100 is not bad Oma :) I think 100+ is out of noob status! I think the majority of players are around 100-110 and higher is still fairly rare looking at the bigger picture...

Most I've ever heard of is 340HP (see the "who has the highest HP" thread)... which is pretty darned amazing...

I just checked out that thread. Seen talk of peeps with 250+ HP. Even 400 bandered about, but a lot of skepticism. e-lite said 500 was cap. Dang! With 500 you could fist fight Atrox in your underwear, if you could fist fight. :laugh:

Guess I got a long way to go on the health. Got a long way to go on a lot of other things too. Only got one stat over 2000 and two others getting close to the 2000 mark.

I noticed that my health was up to 100 just after getting anatomy to 2020 and a new rank.

AJack10600 said:
I was just surfing prices a bit in order to see how they develp and I realsised that MA has totally devalued the nice Vigi armour in the last VUs. Vigi uesed to be a nice armour and at the time I bought it it was quite an achievement for me. I thought I had a fine armour...

Are you aying that the TT markup has droped or that the actual value or stats have dropped?

That was somewhat rhetorical. vigi is still a good armour, the market value doesnt change that. and MKII have halfed in price since i bought one in Jan, is that MA, or is it the market? are you just bummed you paid more? I beleive the problem is not with the lower value of Vigi but the high value of others like Nem, which i think is overvalued by the market (buy Vigi, Ghost and a couple of sets of plates for the same price)

You are right though that they are huge swaths of items that are redundant. But this hasnt changed suddenly.

I bought full shogun (female) the other week for total TT+6 or so, most bits were less than TT+1 on the auction, so there's no point even auctioning them. I know it's not great armour, but it's a nice step up from Pixie.

And last week on a 25PED hunt I looted five pixie shins in half an hour, which is insane. I used to think myself lucky if I found one armour part per week. The item drop rate has definitely increased recently.

imo theres a timing thing happening here

we had a lot of new players around december, and a lot of them went off and got some funky armor:) (vigi)
but now we are 6 months down the road and some of those players have quit and some have decided to upgrade

well this all means theres a lot of vigi parts going on auctin atm

i would be interested to know if there was a price increase in the next type of armor up, ghost/nem/jag/boar for example, as this would show ppl moving up thru the armor ranks

maybe MA dropped more vigi during the bot event, i dunno, but would make sense to drop basic bot armor then

frankly this is a side effect from a lot more ppl joinging pe/eu than expected in december

i dont agree that MA has intentionaly devalued it tho, i think thats a bit harsh on MA, but its easy to blame them i know ;)

a lot of new peeps paid over the odds for thier vigi parts when they got them and now availability is higher than demand, theres a surplass and prices are falling

its a tough spot for MA, with a lot of new ppl what do u do? everyone was screaming for more items to drop to expand with the playerbase at the beginnng of the year, but now ppl are leaveing for summer beer gardens we have a surplass

if ma had not dropped items back then the prices would have gone crazy as the demand got higher, so items dropped, and its now we see the fallout of that

dont worry thos peeps, prices will always drop when the sun comes out, but the next time theres a media push for new players all these items will become desirable again. more new players = increased demand for low end equip

New oxford media, or when the massive things implemented, or maybe even the next uber land sale

but its a cycle and we gotta realise that there are high and low points to that

hmm after having a think i might buy me a cheapie vigi set and leave it in storage, becuase its value WILL return, its just a matter of timing imo

Lighterthief I agree with you but the question is, if there is so many new players, why not drop more lower end armours, there is not much cap to the top and it would be nice if vigi, nem, gost etc would remain higher level armours.

I don't want them to be at insane prices either but if all other armours are available for nothing, then there is just no point in having them.

I also recon that prices will increase again ;)

AJack10600 said:
... but the question is, if there is so many new players, why not drop more lower end armours, there is not much cap to the top and it would be nice if vigi, nem, gost etc would remain higher level armours.

droping more low end is happening atm, i tt a lot of the stuff i get as the +1 or 2 isnt worth the hassle for some parts

a lot of the new players that joined have now left, its hard to proove i guess as we dont have access to official player stats.

i agree tho, ghost/nem etc are all cool armors and should remain so
but my point is that a lot of it is demand driven, and not devalued by MA

Molly said:
I used to think myself lucky if I found one armour part per week. The item drop rate has definitely increased recently.

This is only happening with low end armor though, no increase whatsoever on Nemesis and up (but for the short Boar fest last month which however seems to be over now).

Btw, as someone is also mentioning Ghost here, please note that Ghost is a crafted armor. As I did not perceive any significant change in the availability of ores, the drop in Ghost price can only originate from (a) a higher manufacturing rate by crafters and/or (b) people upgrading their Ghosts to higher level armors and putting the former on the market.

But are we sure Ghost prices are dropping?

Take care,
Buck

Back