MA & FPC, MARCO Please respond to the community!

So you would have another member of the small team at FPC spend their time on the forums instead of working on developing Calypso? ... I'd rather deal with a period of silence personally.

It's not as if we get earth shattering news from FPC on a daily basis.

Before PCF we the community did not have all these community managers and almost nether got any response back from MA / FPC / SEE who the fuck ever runs the show. Then we got this forum and 2 community managers and all of a sudden they have to respond to every single thig? Suddenly if we ask for response and don't get it we open a new thread about not getting a response, really WTF. Gee give them some slack and be happy they chose to give us some one that is willing to chat with the assholes on forums instead of just leaving us be as in the past.

If you had trouble with your electricity and you contacted your supplier you would be VERY annoyed if you couldn't get hold of them for over a week, although this is not as essential as electricity same principle of customer service holds.

You have clearly nether worked with Eskom (Google it you should get a Eskom sucks site on the first page)

Yep, when I call into work sick no one takes my place, they shut the doors, and just wait for me to get better. *rolls eyes*

Hanne, Being sick sucks and we all hate it, I hope you get well soon. However do the other people who work at FPC not know how to use a computer? This is FPC's OFFICIAL FORUM!! not Hanne's Official forum. If you are sick someone else should be checking the forums in your absence.

Yes, because we all are adults and require a babysitter to come calm us down.

Relax :rolleyes:

Yes, because we all are adults and require a babysitter to come calm us down.

No, not at all...

Because we are adults and we pay for a service and invest in a product, that due to certain developments has given us depositors/investors serious cause for concern and when we call the department/service desk we get complete silence...

IMHO that's no way to run a multi-million dollar business...

Rule No1 in any 'service' business is to look after your customers and (if you are an international business) provide 24hr support... If you do not provide such service your customers will eventually give up and start using another service... Basic business really. :scratch2: :wise:

Last edited:
Rule No1 in any 'service' business is to look after your customers and (if you are an international business) provide 24hr support... If you do not provide such service your customers will eventually give up and start using another service... Basic business really. :scratch2: :wise:

Just to clarify; Support is still open even if Im sick. I do not work at Support. :) You'll find that there's very few companies out there that provides a Community Manager on a 24hr/day basis. Most MMO's usually have 1-2 employed.

Just to clarify; Support is still open even if Im sick. I do not work at Support. :) You'll find that there's very few companies out there that provides a Community Manager on a 24hr/day basis. Most MMO's usually have 1-2 employed.

Get well soon! :better:

Anyways, we missed you. Please ignore the paranoia.

Exactly Noble one

Hanne I'm sorry but he does have a point. It wasn't just your absence, it was the absence of ANY input from FPC that lead to these threads. You are sick, that's fair enough, but what about all the other staff. I personally have tried to contact Marco as well as using the contact us option, neither of those got a reply either.
It would take very little to make us all happy campers, so I can't see why that effort is not put in.

I think people just expected more when this became an official forum. Of course they did`nt work to build it either. They just threw money at someone and voila, problem solved of complaints for an official forum.

To those people liberally (mis)using the word paranoia, please get an understanding of what the word means... :wise:

'Paranoia' is a thought process thought to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

All I am asking for is a reasonable level of customer service and a direct response to my concerns from a multi million dollar business that I have a financial vested interest in... Paranoia does not enter the equation. :scratch2:

Support is fine if it could get any sort of response that helps out with the problems... but about 9.5 times out of 10 the response is something like "We are aware of this problem and have forwarded this issue to another department to handle. Please check the news section of our website for any updates."...

then the problems go in to silence again forever... and the problems continue on and on, even if the support tickets are re-opened... slowly killing all of our trust in the enire system... and erroding what trust that there is left.

The estate bug has been going on since around December 5, and the most I've gotten from support about it is something that says that there was no eta on the fix... That's over a month I've been holding a deed to a booth that does not work at all, and if you add in the quarter of a year that the problem existed right after vu 10 implementation, that works out to be 6 months that this problem's been going on once we get to February 5 if the problem is not fixed by then... At the moment, it's not clear if it'll be fixed by then or not since there's no eta on the fix according to the last response I had about the issue...

even if it was not an entire six months in a row...

that's pretty sad for something like this... especially if it is a "known bug" and a recurring bug... It also makes me highly nervious about the future as this recurring problem hit when the deer malls were released and right around the time Medusa Head came in to existence... and hit at vu 10 last time... indicating to me that this type of huge estate problem is related to the developer's tools you folks use to make big changes in the environment... which is very bad as there is a bit of a hint that in the future big sales like these will happen yearly - can we expect the estates to all screw up for months on an annual basis because of these problems that were not/have not/might never be fixed?!??!?

This is a major problem affecting my avatar's assets and the assets of many others, including someone who bought one of the most expensive assets in game (Foma's booth on the astroid is not working from what I hear from him, and that was one of the things on the astroid that gave him incentive to buy the place in the first place I think...).

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick, and hope you get well soon.

Last edited:
I just mentioned this in another thread but Ill mention it here as well,

I've been sick a while now but I'm going to try to catch up, if from home if I have to. Feel free to PM me if there's anything you guys and girls feel is urgent. I'm a bit drained of energy at the moment, hope you'll forgive me. :)

Sufficient quantities of glogg and chocolate cures all ailments.

Best wishes, Hanne.

Hanne, where is my frigging tuna sandwich?

I wish you all the best Hanne! From the bottom of my heart.

Beside this ... private issues are one thing. Business issues are the other side of the medal. The support helped me last days very quick with one small issue (caused by FPC/MA coding). I appreciate this. But my small problems doesn't count that much. FPC failed to do their main job! Folks! I put a lot of money into makeup. I am still not able to use it since more than 1.5 years. Please wake up! This is really bad behaviour for a company! No need to repeat all the other missing features (Everybody is tired from reading the same over and over again). There are many many threads about it.​

Don't you read your own forum?

This is no whining. This is demanding by customers who spent money in YOUR business and got a kick in the arse from you. I can accept when difficaulties arise. Common policy of serious companies is: Inform the customers about this difficaulties and set an estimated or fix date for a solution. Than put all effort in solving the problem. I can accept a further delay when I get informations about it. And exactly that is what we want: We are sooo patient ... please don't fuck us with ignorance. Tell us about the ongoing. And dammit, it's your job, Hanne. Or at least the job of your substitute.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate you. I demand common business policy. My RL-avatar works for a service company. Believe me, I know what it means to do that. FPC/MA totally failed in this field.

MA & FPC, MARCO Please respond to the community!

P.S: Please stop telling us FPC doesn't get informations from MA. It is sooo embarassing.

Last edited:
The people on this forum make up a decent % of players in the game. I dont understand why we cant all come together and put the game at a stand still until MA takes action on things that need to be fixed. All everyone ever does is complain but when are we actually going to do something about it.

Fred

Lets get everyone to meet in one city and we will STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

The people on this forum make up a decent % of players in the game. I dont understand why we cant all come together and put the game at a stand still until MA takes action on things that need to be fixed. All everyone ever does is complain but when are we actually going to do something about it.

Fred

That's not the way we want to handle it. I love this game in generally. And I like to play it and I still do pay for that entertainment. Only problem is the lack of information and that very bad behaviour of FPC/MA.

And I doubt that the folks here at the forum make up a decent % of players in the game. I think we are a minority. But at least we shoulder the complaining job ;-)

:laugh::laugh:
That's not the way we want to handle it. I love this game in generally. And I like to play it and I still do pay for that entertainment. Only problem is the lack of information and that very bad behaviour of FPC/MA.

You really think coming on here and complaining is getting you anywhere :laugh:

Ma has never cared and they never will.

:laugh::laugh:

You really think coming on here and complaining is getting you anywhere :laugh:

Ma has never cared and they never will.

No. My hopes regarding this went away a few years ago. But I am a person who always calls nuisances as "NUISANCES".

And btw m0rr0w2: I am not comming here to complain. In contrast to you I am here since ages ;-)

Lets get everyone to meet in one city and we will STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:
and in the mean time the one avatar that is not striking will get the highest hof ever, lol. Remember, EU is dynamic.

No. My hopes regarding this went away a few years ago. But I am a person who always calls nuisances as "NUISANCES".

And btw m0rr0w2: I am not comming here to complain. In contrast to you I am here since ages ;-)

Ive been here since this game was in beta. Not with this same avatar but trust me I have been here. Ive quit and come back more times then I can count. I remember when me and friends from high school used to just spend all our time on the mentoring system and being each others mentors and trying to get cool gifts. I remember when I used to hire Nicole, Helena, and even Star to hunt for me hahaha man was that dumb. I also remember all the epic fights at the original oil rig between Star and Colonel Bowles. Pretty sure I have been here for a long time.

Fred

Ive been here since this game was in beta. Not with this same avatar but trust me I have been here. Ive quit and come back more times then I can count. I remember when me and friends from high school used to just spend all our time on the mentoring system and being each others mentors and trying to get cool gifts. I remember when I used to hire Nicole, Helena, and even Star to hunt for me hahaha man was that dumb. I also remember all the epic fights at the original oil rig between Star and Colonel Bowles. Pretty sure I have been here for a long time.

Fred

Okay ... you won. But what's the point? Your suggestions are still stupid and there is no way to realize a strike. There have been many attempts. It will not work. I am one of the strike breakers.

Okay ... you won. But what's the point? Your suggestions are still stupid and there is no way to realize a strike. There have been many attempts. It will not work. I am one of the strike breakers.

It just blows my mind that people come on these forums thinking employees of MA are sitting at home watching us on these forums complain. If you want to hit them where it hurts then hit them in game. Trust me I love playing just as much as you or anyone else and I am extremely addicted but enough of the talk and its time to act on how we feel. Maybe strike is alittle over the top but there has to be a smart logical solution to all of this. Think about it 99% of players in game disagree about alot of stuff but those 99% also most likely agree that they don't like the way MA treats its players and the way this game is going. Its prolly a lost cause but I am just expressing my opinion.

Fred

It just blows my mind that people come on these forums thinking employees of MA are sitting at home watching us on these forums complain. If you want to hit them where it hurts then hit them in game. Trust me I love playing just as much as you or anyone else and I am extremely addicted but enough of the talk and its time to act on how we feel. Maybe strike is alittle over the top but there has to be a smart logical solution to all of this. Think about it 99% of players in game disagree about alot of stuff but those 99% also most likely agree that they don't like the way MA treats its players and the way this game is going. Its prolly a lost cause but I am just expressing my opinion.

Fred

Has a strike or something occurred before, and with dire consequences to those organizing it?

Wont a strike cause a "tremendous" loss of income for MA?

Doesn't MA responds quickly to things that prevent them from getting cash? (other way around, it takes a few months)

Whats the easiest action to "quell" a strike? (easiest, not smartest)

Dont get me wrong, i dont mean to get off topic, or to take "thier" side, but its an intersting relationship we (customers) have with MA (have our money)

i could go on about how our avatars arent worth anything till its withdrawn, but ill be quiet and continue to lurk :wtg:

Has a strike or something occurred before, and with dire consequences to those organizing it?

Wont a strike cause a "tremendous" loss of income for MA?

Doesn't MA responds quickly to things that prevent them from getting cash? (other way around, it takes a few months)

Whats the easiest action to "quell" a strike? (easiest, not smartest)

Dont get me wrong, i dont mean to get off topic, or to take "thier" side, but its an intersting relationship we (customers) have with MA (have our money)

i could go on about how our avatars arent worth anything till its withdrawn, but ill be quiet and continue to lurk :wtg:

I agree with you Mindark does things arse backwards most of the time. Think about it though irl if you recieve poor service you can complain and usually get a refund or a discount on something. irl there is always room for negotiation when you are a business providing a service. I am sales/csa rep for a multi billion dollar company and we handle all complaints accordingly taking the customers feelings into account. irl if a company fails to perform/please there customer then the company ends up doing poorly. So how is it that we are all so unhappy but we continue to feed MA money like we are happy. I just dont get it. This isn't MA fault this is our fault for feeding such a shitty company our hard earned cash.

Fred

Last edited:
I can imagine two different ways a company can act:

Doing their thing, completely ignoring the customers, just offering a service "as it is". Love me or leave me ...
Or running a dialogue with their customers, having an eye at the customers feelings ... in short: customer care.

Since MA/FPC offer support and this forum one could assume they choosed the second way. But it is a fake. The impression since years is: They promised a lot but they don't really care. In fact they choose the first point. At least this is the impression I got from five years.

I suggest to MA/FPC: Be honest! If you don't care that much for the feelings and interests of your customers, explain it clearly. "Love me or leave me!" can be a good base for the deal. Everyone can know that and can act accordingly.

Or ... take customer care serious!

I agree with you Mindark does things arse backwards most of the time. Think about it though irl if you recieve poor service you can complain and usually get a refund or a discount on something. irl there is always room for negotiation when you are a business providing a service. I am sales/csa rep for a multi billion dollar company and we handle all complaints accordingly taking the customers feelings into account. irl if a company fails to perform/please there customer then the company ends up doing poorly. So how is it that we are all so unhappy but we continue to feed MA money like we are happy. I just dont get it. This isn't MA fault this is our fault for feeding such a shitty company our hard earned cash.

Fred

I am not unhappy with the game. I am unhappy with the announced sevice. That's the point of this thread.

... and okay, our campany was at 1.5 million Euro turnover only last year ... seems I am the noob again :-(

Last edited:
Back