MA, Just warn your depositing player base before changes

Greznik

Alpha
Society
Obsidian
It's simple really. If you just warn the player base a month or so ahead of time that some major nerfs/changes are coming, we can prepare. Sure, people will complain at that point, but it's a lot better than finding out on VU day. For instance, if you had mentioned a month earlier that Levi's would be nerfed, a bunch of people would grind them out for a month to finish a certain mission level. This would have increased hunting significantly for a month, but instead you now have players threatening to sell out or quit depositing. This helps no one.

Most players understand that EU is always changing and big changes need to be made at times. We accept that and that's why a lot of people are still here. But your lack of communication sends the wrong message and that's also why a lot of people are no longer still here. There is always this sense that MA is trying to screw the player over. Players don't know why certain changes are made because they are sprung on us all of a sudden, we complain and never hear anything about it. Simple foreshadowing would solve a lot of problems. We can prepare, we can get over it. It worked very well when you gave a heads up on mission changes and rewards. Some complained, then prepared and it went over fine.

This is not a hard concept and it's something the player base has been asking for since the first day that they join EU. It's impossible to please everybody, but it's not impossible to inform everybody. In fact, it's extremely simple to inform your player base.

Morale is low. We've had several bug filled VU's with many nerfs this last part of the year. We need some positive VU's. We need bug fixes, we need taming, we need a nerf free VU, and most of all we need communication. This would boost morale extensively. Most players have a passion for the idea that is EU, but if you continue to take us for granted, it will be no more.

One idea that has been tossed around is doing the skill bonus event again. One way to do this would be to assign kill points to mobs/maturities. After you reach a certain number of kill points you start earning 1.5X skill and then after you reach the next tier you get 2x skill points. Run this event over a certain time period that is reasonable. This increases play and you have to earn your skill bonus.

It's simple really. If you just warn the player base a month or so ahead of time that some major nerfs/changes are coming, we can prepare. Sure, people will complain at that point, but it's a lot better than finding out on VU day. For instance, if you had mentioned a month earlier that Levi's would be nerfed, a bunch of people would grind them out for a month to finish a certain mission level. This would have increased hunting significantly for a month, but instead you now have players threatening to sell out or quit depositing. This helps no one...................................

Thing is you've been here nearly as long as I have and u Know that's how MA have and always will work. I'm afraid your words as ever will fall on deaf ears :smash::hammer:

it would also cause chaos with the economy as people bought or sold items in line to be changed . Not that MA seem too bothered about chaos in the economy at any other time , they just dont want too many people making lots of ped and withdrawing .

In the past after an update MA suffered embarrasement when for example imp 2870's were droping like poop from snable snots or shadow armor was droping like it was tt food "a glitch" occured in the system after the update.So now after ever update the loot system is turned off for a couple days so the beta testers ... i mean the paying customers can test the update for bugs etc then once everything looks good a couple days later the new loot is added and everything is back to running 100% normal.
Now if MA told thier paying customers they were about to get fucked up the ass for 2 days after a new update because they wanted you to pay to test the said update for them at your expence you can imagine the affect that would have on the economy and community.Well its the same thing here, if they warned you that they were going to screw you up the ass by nerfing guns and mob you might stop playing.

As I have yet to go hunt them since VU would you care to explain what the nerf on Levi was?

For what's about weapons nerf I understand MA since it's better doing it before advertising... about Levi and Others mobs I agree with you there shold have been comunication, there's nothing to hide, there is need of balance the difficult to kill a mob with the max possible loot range, it was lot of time I missed the old times when we was used to choose teams for mobs we could never get down solo but with ATH chance.

But for the missions it's not wellcome to make harder the mobs we begun to kill for the mission points, expecially mobs that need a substantial upgrade to be killed after changes.

More comunications on changes that might affect the decisions of lot of colonists (if this doesn't affec the market) is wellcome and requested.

EU is dynamic, but MA... lot of us is invesing lot of time and money sometimes, please make the ners/changes thinking at frustrations of the community in the future :yup:

... that's how MA have and always will work ...

unless at least one promise will be kept - the one about deed owners having a vote on the future to come... :smoke:

J.

In the past after an update MA suffered embarrasement when for example imp 2870's were droping like poop from snable snots or shadow armor was droping like it was tt food "a glitch" occured in the system after the update.So now after ever update the loot system is turned off for a couple days so the beta testers ... i mean the paying customers can test the update for bugs etc then once everything looks good a couple days later the new loot is added and everything is back to running 100% normal.
Now if MA told thier paying customers they were about to get fucked up the ass for 2 days after a new update because they wanted you to pay to test the said update for them at your expence you can imagine the affect that would have on the economy and community.Well its the same thing here, if they warned you that they were going to screw you up the ass by nerfing guns and mob you might stop playing.

Wow Naithen, it's not often I see you complain as vehemently as *I* usually do. :silly2:

Back