MA killing crafting...armor plates on NPC?

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Yet another example of blind MA moves, with no consideration for those who craft. First they added the armor then the guns, ...

I suppose this is a "MA is killing crafting" protest rant post. And in hopes of getting a voice across to MA that this is dangerous and downright offensive to Crafters, and the idea of a player driven economy, I rant....

I own the largest number of armor plate blueprints in the game, I spent a small fortune acquiring them. Some are extremely rare, and MA has been actively making these items a complete waste to craft, I am not the only armor manufacturer out there. I even bought a shop to help accommodate my selection of plates, as I can only sell 4 sets at a time via auction and be full until/if they are sold.

I went to see the vast selection of plates you can now buy on an npc, and I am done, I can no longer support the constant deliberate devaluation of my "investment in my avatar".

Next mining amps will be sold on npc and no more components, minerals or loot will be needed ever. The TT machine will see amazing volumes.

Seriously, if they cannot think of the impact this has, and not only armor: there are Crafted weapons, crafted tools, all showing up in loot or on NPC's.

Complete slap in the face of the players who actually spend time and ped getting all the bps, parts, plates needed, and all of those who make Items on a regular basis.

Combat token trader just negated all that effort in one day.

Also a slap for planet partners, they released some unique plate sets, now even further confused and lost in the mix of unlimited possibilities, but only on Caly can you buy better ones.

This is no longer a player driven economy.

If anyone is interested in any of my 2441 blueprints, feel free to check my link and make offers. I cannot support MA any longer.

Sure many will buy 1000% MU armor plates for everyday's use.... and less than 3 ppl can get full set of 1 type of plates.
Any idea how much it cost to farm daily tokens for guns? (unless only doin bonus missions which then will take weeks just to get 1 gun)
Not to mention i havent bought a single crafted gun for ages because looted weps r much more eco

Last edited:
Sure many will buy 1000% MU armor plates for everyday's use.... and less than 3 ppl can get full set of 1 type of plates.
Any idea how much it cost to farm daily tokens for guns? (unless only doin bonus missions which then will take weeks just to get 1 gun)

Indeed , the plates for tokens wil not affect the craft market much at all , for me (and i am quite active 6-8 hourse a day easy) and doing all dailly i can with desent eco. It wil take me 1.5 to 2 weeks to get around 80 tokens (ep 54 fury L = 80 dailly tokens).

Combat token missions i hardly got any time for after that.

I see this as a nice welcom impuls to hunting and with that it wil also positively influence armor crafting.

To keep up plates supply with combat tokens would require a massive amount of hunters foccussing on grinding witch in turn all need plates and the NPC wont come close to keeping up with demand.

This is a positive change for hunters and with that being the bulk of the playerbase a positive influence on craftin and with that mining.

I think I'm agreeing with forgo on this...

Somehow, the feeling is that little by little, MA appears to be killing the game and its economy.

Without a need for hunters and miners to rely on crafters' products, there's no demand/incentive to craft. Likewise, without a need for crafting, there's no need for hunter and miner loots.

No demand for the loot means everything goes to the TT...so is there still a reason to hunt and mine for stuff? Let alone playing the game...

The balance is totally off imo.

I'ld rather MA let go of their control on hunting and mining loot needed for crafting, which in turn decreases the costs per click burden on the crafters and thus they in turn are able to lower the MU of the end products and give back to the hunters and miners....in a full cycle.

Plus remove all those "useless" stuff that keeps popping up in loot which hardly anyone needs...

At least that will offer a chance of a vibrant economy.

Good Morning!

I can be wrong, so if there is any weapon/armor crafter - correct me, please. Where I see real problem is:

MA moved large part from crafted stuff for hunters in their loot tables. Now, instead of buying crafted stuff - hunters kinda looting stuff themselves.

Thus, hunting profession is "moved away" more than mining from crafting is. Result is - mining is more like supply of resources for... mining. Since most stuff which is crafted are amps.

Check history of resource turnovers now, and year+ ago. TURNOVERS.

Actually, I very want to hear something from MA about this shit.

Mindark gets a lot of blame for stuff but in this case it's the Planet Partner that decides what items drop from mobs vs crafting vs NPCs.

You get a gun from npc and burn it up in a day or two. You get cold plates and do a run or two on cold mobs then put them in storage for when you feel like hunting that mob again.

A set of plates for a rare damage type could last you months unless you're camping them, and so by the time you've used them up you'll be able to get more from the npc, and never have to use a crafter for them :(

Mindark gets a lot of blame for stuff but in this case it's the Planet Partner that decides what items drop from mobs vs crafting vs NPCs.

ORLY?

Is it Arkadia itself almost killed whole line of their weapons?
Is it Neverdie decided to fill dome 8 in HELL with fucking mobs?

ORLY?

Is it Arkadia itself almost killed whole line of their weapons?
Is it Neverdie decided to fill dome 8 in HELL with fucking mobs?

Yes, really. I didn't say the planet partner can do whatever they want, nor that there are no bugs in the implementation. Mindark decides what is balanced or not balanced and seems to change the rules after the fact sometimes. But again, it's the planet partner that decides which items will be found on mobs, which will have blueprints to craft them, and which will be available from other sources like NPCs. Or do you think they just give a vague statement that they want some armor plates somewhere on the planet and MA designs the planet content for them?

Yes, really. I didn't say the planet partner can do whatever they want, nor that there are no bugs in the implementation. Mindark decides what is balanced or not balanced and seems to change the rules after the fact sometimes. But again, it's the planet partner that decides which items will be found on mobs, which will have blueprints to craft them, and which will be available from other sources like NPCs. Or do you think they just give a vague statement that they want some armor plates somewhere on the planet and MA designs the planet content for them?

What I really think - I just don't want to tell. For now.

I went to see the vast selection of plates you can now buy on an npc, and I am done, I can no longer support the constant deliberate devaluation of my "investment in my avatar".

Next mining amps will be sold on npc and no more components, minerals or loot will be needed ever. The TT machine will see amazing volumes.

Seriously, if they cannot think of the impact this has, and not only armor: there are Crafted weapons, crafted tools, all showing up in loot or on NPC's.

Complete slap in the face of the players who actually spend time and ped getting all the bps, parts, plates needed, and all of those who make Items on a regular basis.

That's the impression I have, and as someone who had planned to eventually do the kind of stuff you have been doing, I'm pretty disappointed and can imagine your feeling 10x worse.
It just seems to go against the whole concept of the game economy :eyecrazy:
Well a change in plans for me I guess, no point in getting more into crafting other than for occasional gambling..

I see this as a nice welcom impuls to hunting and with that it wil also positively influence armor crafting.

To keep up plates supply with combat tokens would require a massive amount of hunters foccussing on grinding witch in turn all need plates and the NPC wont come close to keeping up with demand.

This is a positive change for hunters and with that being the bulk of the playerbase a positive influence on craftin and with that mining.

I can see that, hopefully its right, but would be good to see some more direct enhancements to crafting ;)

You get a gun from npc and burn it up in a day or two. You get cold plates and do a run or two on cold mobs then put them in storage for when you feel like hunting that mob again.

A set of plates for a rare damage type could last you months unless you're camping them, and so by the time you've used them up you'll be able to get more from the npc, and never have to use a crafter for them :(

Well, it would be armor plate for the same markup as the combat tokens, last I looked, these were going for 500+%? Unless it goes down a lot, I would much rather sell the tokens and get the plates from a crafter for less.

Yet another example of blind MA moves, with no consideration for those who craft. First they added the armor then the guns, ...

I suppose this is a "MA is killing crafting" protest rant post. And in hopes of getting a voice across to MA that this is dangerous and downright offensive to Crafters, and the idea of a player driven economy, I rant....

I own the largest number of armor plate blueprints in the game, I spent a small fortune acquiring them. Some are extremely rare, and MA has been actively making these items a complete waste to craft, I am not the only armor manufacturer out there. I even bought a shop to help accommodate my selection of plates, as I can only sell 4 sets at a time via auction and be full until/if they are sold.

Also a slap for planet partners, they released some unique plate sets, now even further confused and lost in the mix of unlimited possibilities, but only on Caly can you buy better ones.

This is no longer a player driven economy.

If anyone is interested in any of my 2441 blueprints, feel free to check my link and make offers. I cannot support MA any longer.

THe combat token NPC and daily token NPC seem to be a candy store at first...but if you farm for those token you realize it's far cheaper to buy from auction regular stuff :) Also the combat token NPC restocks so rarely that it's a struggle to get anything from it once it depletes...I've been trying to get a laser amp 3 from it for weeks with no luck...

THe combat token NPC and daily token NPC seem to be a candy store at first...but if you farm for those token you realize it's far cheaper to buy from auction regular stuff :)

No different to how it used to be when we wanted something specific. It was usually far cheaper to buy it from the auction rather than trying to loot it ourselves.

Ok, so it looks like the crafters are going to survive :). If MA does any other stupid dumb moves though...:scratch2:

Ok, so it looks like the crafters are going to survive :). If MA does any other stupid dumb moves though...:scratch2:

Like make the new melee amps available through the token trader instead of crafters?:rolleyes:

Would it work out ok for everyone if instead of putting the actual item in the token trader the trader stocked 3 click (L) BPs so crafters / miners / hunters looting unused components weren't cut out my MA?

You're concerned about the plate market?

I had a look at the acid plates, you know, saving up to do big acid mobs. At the % rate they go for, I'd just buy acid plates and spend my combat tokens (if I could find more) on amps instead.
It's ridiculous that anyone would spend ped on those plates, with those MU on tokens and the possibility to buy amps.

Back