MA needs a new Cartographer?

CAPPY

Guardian
Society
Irken Invaders
Jack Cappy Walsh
I don't know if anyone posted about this already but I couldn't find anything when i searched.

We were running a soc m8 to Notus from Eos and just when we thought we were safely swimming far enough from the shore a Warrior takes out our m8 ?!?

Well looking at the in game map again we realized something was wrong here's some screen shots.

The revival borders seems to be at the same place as it was though. Any other places anyone has noticed where changes haven't been made?

Or maybe its just the area where the new NAZ is. as its not very far from there?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I think you are using outdated 2006 Noob World Atlas.

yes, that part of eudora doesn't match the map.

Thats odd, last time i was in that are it looked right. But that was right after vu 10, so like 8-9 months ago now.

there are also a bit up around Aloode that is wrong too, you walk a hillside even tho you would be swimming 100-200m out in the water on the map :laugh:

Not to mention the rocky island south of Sakura, seems to be a land bridge over there but it's not.

Those are the places I think of first, sure there are lots more tho lol

I think you are using outdated 2006 Noob World Atlas.

Well, it seemed rude to use another map when you gave us a copy of the one you made Jeffe :eek:

I think the map is correct

it's a sort of aerial view of a real landscape so there can not be a mismatch between them. this area is covered with a very thick layer of blue fog, maybe few hundred meters high, I guess it's only visible at High settings

so even from a small height the area blurs into blue

and from a bigger distance becomes almost opaque

you still can see real shore line through the fog, but you need to have a sharp eye

29239-fog3.gif

what needs to be done by MA is some fog transparency change on the map, so it won't mislead people

also, a couple of night shots

Last edited:
I think the map is correct

it's a sort of aerial view of a real landscape so there can not be a mismatch between them. this area is covered with a very thick layer of blue fog, maybe few hundred meters high, I guess it's only visible at High settings

what needs to be done by MA is some fog transparency change so it won't mislead people

pretty thick fog then since op said they were swimming

pretty thick fog then since op said they were swimming

1. slowly. read. this. thread. again. (all of it! no cheating!)
2. look at the images
3. think
4. if it still feels like your post makes sense, repeat 1.

i did a run around of Eudoria yesterday to get the TP's i didn't have since the big update and i used the map from Entropia Tour Agency. seemed to do the job for me.

There's a link to them on the client launch screen

Well looking at the in game map again we realized something was wrong here's some screen shots.

I've noticed some problems like that close to shore lines. But in this area it's particularly bad. And I remember it was like that, when I went there for the first time in vu 10.

1. slowly. read. this. thread. again. (all of it! no cheating!)
2. look at the images
3. think
4. if it still feels like your post makes sense, repeat 1.

perhaps, follow your own advice, hmm?:scratch2:

We were running a soc m8 to Notus from Eos and just when we thought we were safely swimming far enough from the shore a Warrior takes out our m8 ?!?

You can't SWIM IN FOG like your explanation says. So your analysis is a bit off ya think? You say the map is correct, but the images the OP shows it shows it isn't.

Again, follow your own steps, and if it doesn't make sense, repeat 1.

You can't SWIM IN FOG like your explanation says.
no, it doesn't say that, it says totally different thing

You say the map is correct, but the images the OP shows it shows it isn't.
no, these images show something different, read my explanation

So your analysis is a bit off ya think?
no, it's your perception of it is a bit off

I could slowly explain it to you again in a more simple way, so you could get it, but since you, being absolutely clueless, only try to insult me, I won't

Last edited:
Humanwoman makes sense.
Weird that (if correct) they'd include fog on the aerial map, but not unbelievable... are other majorly foggy areas showing up on the map in a similar fashion?

Humanwoman makes sense.
Weird that (if correct) they'd include fog on the aerial map, but not unbelievable... are other majorly foggy areas showing up on the map in a similar fashion?

there are some in rocktropia

have screenshots from this area too wich were suposed to go to support but then I figured why bother with support they kicked me in the nut one to many times.

yes humanwoman makes sense, BUT

Humanwoman accounts for the discrepancy in the map and what looks like water on the map as fog. All fine and DANDY, BUT

Op states they were SWIMMING.

Op shows some screens with map and how skewed they are. Op shows then border lines of shoreline in first person and how scewed it is on map (yes this part can fit humanwoman's explanation), BUT NOT THE SWIMMING. The mobs go by the boundaries set that is associated with the map, not the first person boundaries that we encounter.

Some people are quite dense, they only see what they offer as an explanation and refuse to see what a person states in their own encounter (ops). Trying to tell them that no you really didn't swim, you were walking when they know damn well they were swimming.

Humanwoman's explanation offers some validity, but doesn't match the experience of what the op encountered. That is the difference between intelligence and wisdom.

I don't know if anyone posted about this already but I couldn't find anything when i searched.

Well, it was discussed a number of times already. I think it all started when VU10 came out. Since then, FPC keeps changing the geography and fails to update the map. E.g., once I found myself swimming around the shore south of Athena where the map showed the middle of the ocean...

How to fix this?

File a support case. I did it and others did, too. And it didn't help :rolleyes:...

yes humanwoman makes sense, BUT

Humanwoman accounts for the discrepancy in the map and what looks like water on the map as fog. All fine and DANDY, BUT

Op states they were SWIMMING.

Yeah because there's a lake outline in the midst of the fog, as humanwoman pointed out.
In every shot that they are swimming in, they are within the boundary of the lake outline as described by humanwoman, she/he then shows how in the other screens (where they're on land but it seems on the map they're in water) it's likely the map is actually showing they're in fog.
I just woke up and my explanation is probably terrible, but humanwoman's explanation seems 100% viable so far.

Back