MA-Pls undo the unrestricted hangar rule!!!

Do you want back the unrestricted hangar rule?

• Total voters
With this new rule you can be sure, the ticket price can go up to 100, 200ped or more... for sure !

90% of pilot rent a hangar, the owner of hangar don't got the time to fly...

maybe you got 3 or 4 pilots to flight to CND...

If you got a flat to CND... sell it.. it's a tips...

(Why you think Neverdie have sell all him flat in same time just before the upgrade ?? Random.. ? sure not..)

Voted No for multiple reasons ...

1/ It was a bug that needed a fix
2/ Less pilots means more flights for the ones having a hangar and so, if they are smart enough, they will need to build some good flight offers to get a list of regular customers
3/ NO MORE LINE !!! As point 2 will just kill it and i'm happy about that just because it's a kick in the ass of a special pilot i don't like :D

I love it so many complain about the price it cost to fly then you all say "it was a Bug that allowed people to rent hangers" Well If I dumped 100k ped into game to buy a hanger I would expect to make more then 2 or 3 bucks an hour flying. This will drive hanger prices down and probly raise the price to fly. Hope all you No voters enjoy paying 30+ ped a ticket to fly up to CND :scratch2: Remeber the law of supply and demand less pilots/less seats = higher prices :wise:

So??

I have not spent 100k for a hangar. I don't fly very often. This does not affect me in the slightest.

The 100k figure people were paying was too high anyway. There have been many many instances of people speculating on stuff and then the price dropping. I bought Ghost for +350 2 years ago, now it is +80 (not counting the foots thing)

Those that bought the hangars at over 100k needed their heads reading anyway.

Remeber the law of supply and demand less pilots/less seats = higher prices :wise:

False in this case !

Less pilots means that they will fill their seats faster and have a lot more flights during a day than now. So the price will still be the same and if they do it smart those guys will make quite some peds

I think this change is a positive one.

It will result in better service and lower prices. I can see no reason at all why the prices for flights would go up.

I can see a lot of hangars coming on the market soon, and the prices will fall. For owner-pilots it won't make much difference, since for them the value of the hangar is in the money they earn by providing a service, and most of them have had their hangars for some time and didn't pay the current (well, no longer current) ludicrous prices.

For those who paid 100k to buy a hangar in order to rent it, they'll lose out, of course, but paying that kind of money for a hangar was always going to come back and bite them at some point. Buying to rent is (was), in my opinion, just another way to drain PEDs from the game without any positive contribution to it, another form of re-selling if you like. So for those people, too bad, I won't be shedding any tears for you.

no. and i dont think, long term, that prices will go up. The 25 ped a seat was brought about by lieing to the punters selling as 3 for 25, 4 for 20, then oh, nevermind, 4 for 25. It was perpetuated by rentors who had to charge that much to cover a 1000ped a month rent.

so now we will have owner operators. the smart owner will be more interested in simple turnover, as long as they get decay+oil+few ped, they are up. one primary reason for lack of passengers right now is that people dont want to spend 50ped to go to CND, so they wont pay 100 and if you ask you will get even less trade unless you keep the price down. remember, CND is a luxruy, not a necessity, people can and do go with out. Neverdie will see that the big spenders get up ok, who probably dont currently wait around Twin for 30-45 minutes anyway.

if you take your head out the sand, there will be more hangers/ships/alternative transport method in the future. you simply cant transfer hundreds or even thousands people about between planets with the current system. The writing is on the wall, or rather its on the roofs of the malls.

as some said this will improve costumer service,everyday i see so called pilots who cant even spell a sentence properly,let alone be polite and nice to the costumers.
so voted a big fat NO.

The new unrestricted hangar rule, doesn`t allow renting of hangars without huge collateral. Pls MA unde that rule. The number of pilots will drastically diminish and
prices for CND/CP/Planet flights will increase.

Vote Yes if you want to see cheap tickers to CP/CND again and no shortage if pilots.
Vote No if you like the new rule or it won`t bother you to buy expensive ticket or having a hard time finding a pilot.

This vote has absolutly nothing to do with you being affraid of loosing peds ?

It's been said before, the system was never intended for hangar renting - So anyone who invested in hangars to make peds on renting them out made a bad investment...

as some said this will improve costumer service,everyday i see so called pilots who cant even spell a sentence properly,let alone be polite and nice to the costumers.
so voted a big fat NO.

Should I make some comment on those who complain about others' spelling, but have difficulty themselves ?

Nah... too easy :laugh:

If there is to be any renting system in entropia, i want to be able to rent out my gear.

Not fair for some to rent out their ships when i cant even rent out my Starkhov

The new unrestricted hangar rule, doesn`t allow renting of hangars without huge collateral. Pls MA unde that rule. The number of pilots will drastically diminish and
prices for CND/CP/Planet flights will increase.

Vote Yes if you want to see cheap tickers to CP/CND again and no shortage if pilots.
Vote No if you like the new rule or it won`t bother you to buy expensive ticket or having a hard time finding a pilot.

Cheap prices again? Maybe I've missed something but didn't prices overall stay inflated even though there were a lot of renters using ships? And if hangar owning pilots like myself could charge what we did before, why would we need to increase fares when we are going to have more passengers to move about?

I can see a lot of hangars coming on the market soon, and the prices will fall. For owner-pilots it won't make much difference, since for them the value of the hangar is in the money they earn by providing a service, and most of them have had their hangars for some time and didn't pay the current (well, no longer current) ludicrous prices.

I don't think they will drop off that much if at all because a hangar and ships real value is in it's long term use when space opens up so to speak. And since when in EU has anyone who paid 100K for something expected to get less when they come to sell?

Known Issues 9.1
11 Dec 2007

Space Travel
The update of the space flight system has corrected a bug which allowed hangar owners to let other participants fly their ships. This is no longer possible. The correction was necessary in order to make future development of this system possible.

Way to go MA! :wtg: Now you just need to clean up all the multiple pilot accounts (and that includes that one who pretends to be a pilot but actually spends most time standing in one spot crafting). ;)

Last edited:
1st. I dont like cnd, so i dont go there, dont care about the price to go there is either

2nd. I know a pilot, hes cheap :)

3rd. If i cant rent out my guns and armors, i dont want you to be able to rent out the hangars, hell i cant even rent out my apartment.

4th. Now ppl may stay on Eudoria where they are meant to be. less peds disapering in tax. more peds going back into to loot ;)

Way to go MA, you finaly did something right :)
This time i mean it to

A few of my thoughts.

I don't see why this issue was removed from EU. I mean there is nothing wrong with it. And IMO everyone gots advantages of passed situation no matter if that was bug or not.

1) hangar owner get extra peds (there is nothing wrong if u invested and want some return - which wasn't such big anyway and considering dollar going down it was on the edge). + not everyone know but it required some activity from a hangar owner as well (all bugs, teaching, explaining)

2) some kid could earn money for playing actually not depositing. The pilot life is really hard one and it would require much work. I'd say they deserved every ped they earned by this way. Now they start depositing or leave game in most cases.

3) it was good for community. OK I know everything about piloting wars, tickets prices etc. However usually there were like 10 pilots just waiting for u. Some ppl say they couldn't fly down at certain time. Yeap I'd agree however right now it is gonna be even more difficult.

4) buying a hangar right now means to quit playing and do only flying or use it just for private purpose

5) there won't be many so dedicated pilots and I think many of them will fly rarely. Yes of course you can catch a cheap ride once a while but only if a hangar owner would feel like going hunting to CND but what after he decides to stay they for 2 weeks?

6) from all above reasons I don't know why the tickets prices should go down. I mean less pilots more difficult to fly up why not to charge even more ? Hangar prices tho I think will go down a bit at least in short term, in long term they will get even more expensive (once planets are opened - hopefully in 2102 :))

Please notice that I don't know what future plans about hangar are. So this move could actually be reasonable and really needed for future. However right now I don't see why this happened and from current situation I do not see positive aspects of renting issue closed.

p.s. someone said that tickets prices went up once hangars started to be rented. Thats not true. Tickets prices went up simply because pilots agreed to it and decide to charge a bit more however this had nothing to do with renting, after all not so many hangar are rented anyway (I think like 10??) Prove? Yea why not: lets just say that "renting system" is there as long as I can remember (I bought a hangar like 1.5 year ago)

Oh well we have to move on don't we :)

Last edited:
Voted No

sorry I voted NO to.
I think MindArk had a good reason for all this.
I will allways fly for 20 ped.
And no matter how much other pilots ask I am NEVERDIE
Express and im here to help the community.
And not to rip them off.
So find me on the forum, pm me or find me in PORT ATLANTIS or Twins.
Im findable whenever u need me.

Pink.

Hmm I will vote No, with the note that I don't think the prices will increase

...I considered renting hangars as a bug and now that bug has been fixed...

I think i means we'll get a better quality of service form pilots, less harrassment - who would risk getting locked if they OWN the hanger...

What they all said... I vote NO

With this new rule you can be sure, the ticket price can go up to 100, 200ped or more... for sure !

90% of pilot rent a hangar, the owner of hangar don't got the time to fly...

If they so little time to fly, perhaps they should not have bought the hanger...

Last edited:
I voted no because I want that only the Deed holder can use the Ship.
I'm a little bored to hear about 2nd & 3rd Avatars with Pilot names and no respect for anyone destroying the reputation of all Pilots.

I'd say a big YES for a real renting system provided by MA of course but not a renting Bug that need a second Avatar or trust towards someone I will never know.

But like in all VU, MA can't make the Hangars work well anyway.
I have done my first fly Calypso-->CP and now I'm stuck on CP with my Ship because it give me only CND destination even if my Hangar is set to "Unrestricted". Pfff

I have verified before launching even if I already knew it was "Unrestricted" but anyway, if I believe the VU features content, it should not let me quit the Hangar if "Restricted".

In order to be able to operate a spaceship, the hangar needs to be unrestricted.

Yes, I have fill a Support Case 2 hours ago, but no answer yet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As one of the pilots affected by this change, let me make it clear to all:

I rent.

As soon as the change became known, the owner contacted me and offered to let me carry the deed, so that I could continue to provide a service to other players. (He knows I'd never live with myself if I tried to rip him off ;) )

I have no plans on changing the way I do business, and will continue to offer the best price I can at the time, negotiating with my passengers as they book.

Unfortunately, like Bernz, I am stuck at CP, with no option of returning to the hangar on Eudoria. My service will resume when MA responds to my support case:

I am a pilot. I am carrying the deed for Blue Zone East #9 hangar (approx 24420 28440 Eudoria), and the access is set on 'unrestricted'.

After downloading VU9.1 today, I flew passengers from the hangar to Crystal Palace (CP), and then on to the Asteroid Space Resort (CND). On departing CP, I noticed that the hangar was not listed as a launch destination option. I relogged at CND, expecting this to have been merely a display error, however the hangar was still not available - only Crystal Palace.
I am aware that 2 other pilots who were in the control room had the same issue - Gordon Cleetus Freeman and Foxy FoxyPilot Cuddlebottom. They also were carrying their deeds, and had access set to unrestricted.
However, I am also aware that Jenna Star Mercury (and perhaps others) were flying passengers to and from CND earlier in the day, so presume that not all pilots are affected by this.

I am now at CP, after agreeing to fly passengers down so that they could use the tp there to return to Eudoria.

However, I am unable to continue to provide a service to other players until I can return to Calypso.

Hoping that you can resolve this issue quickly,
Kind regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx
(ingame: Harena Serica Turbinis)

When I bought my hangar I tried to fly myself, but it was to boring to do so.
So I rented it out ...

I asked MA if it was allowed and they told me it is allowed but they didn't garantuee it would last. I collected rent for 1.5 years and sold it 2 months ago.

I guess we al had to see this coming ... even if we didn't want to ... they always mentioned they would never implement a renting system to avoid monopolies ...

A shame they let prices raise that high ofc ... even if I can't complain about the price I got for mine ;)

Back