Question: MA takes 20% margin of hunting, fair or not?

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
Loot theories are all over the place, but the one thing is that we never have complete numbers of the amounts of mobs killed vs the return loot.

Now with Entropy The Purger it's a different story.

Every kill is a HOF (except one that due Loot lagg never got looted) and all the HP of them is the same.

1.4M HP means that it costs roughly ~6K ped to kill it.

this means that until now for the 92 registered HOFs that there is ~552K is spend.

The total registered loot is 457K

This means ~95K or almost exactly 20% profit for MA.

This makes sense to me (and sounds fair) that the average (gross) profit margin of a company is 20%

So what u say is, its impossible to get 80% return after 92 killed mobs? o_O If only that would have been my worse return after 100 mobs :D

if they stay long enough and people keep killing em enough, try again at 250, 500, 1000, 2500 and 5k killed. this should show a shift in average, most likely due to a few ATH's.

Hmm and if you would calculate the cost per kill at 5k ped.
Then you would get:

92*5=460k spend on killing, combined with your loot of 457k peds makes it a % return of 99,34%
So MA is taking too few peds from us now?

6000 PEDs to take down 1,400,000 HP, thats a pretty sad eco of 2.33dmg/pec.

From my experience in 9 years, MA always added the % in loot given. On every professions.

From my point of view, this means (from the known loots, not counting esis and other not Rare HOF items) that we must add to the total loot value 3 mod rips, 1 mod shadow part at least, that are roughly 300k ped more.

Other opinion i have about this mob, is that MA is far from know the number of active player for such event, which means that a lot of cost to kill the mob was pure waste and uneco hunt. And like MA said, uneco is guaranteed loss. I was there most of time, we killed 1 in 11 minutes and other in 40 min. This means lots of wasted peds due to regen, but again, the % given can make things better, and it did.

6000 PEDs to take down 1,400,000 HP, thats a pretty sad eco of 2.33dmg/pec.

Yeah, well, would nice to see statistics from MA on how much HP really the boss mob has including regeneration. I think the "real hp" is much, much more than 1 450 000.

Loot theories are all over the place, but the one thing is that we never have complete numbers of the amounts of mobs killed vs the return loot.

Now with Entropy The Purger it's a different story.

Every kill is a HOF (except one that due Loot lagg never got looted) and all the HP of them is the same.

1.4M HP means that it costs roughly ~6K ped to kill it.

this means that until now for the 92 registered HOFs that there is ~552K is spend.

This makes sense to me (and sounds fair) that the average (gross) profit margin of a company is 20%

Well that makes sense only if you assume that each mob has its own separate loot pool. I think that part of that 20% is just added to other mobs/profession loot.

If we asked MA about this, I am sure they would come to the conclusion that we simply do not kill it fast or eco enough hence the low returns..

We should kill it within 20-30 seconds, then it turns eco... not much hp reg etc

Too few people there might be causing the "80%" return

Just speculating on what Mindark might tell us if we complain about the low return :)

So what u say is, its impossible to get 80% return after 92 killed mobs? o_O If only that would have been my worse return after 100 mobs :D

92 killed mobs x 5k or 6k, whichever you prefer. That's a lot of peds cycled, doubt you reach those amounts of cycled peds on other mobs within 92 kills.. :)

For ever mob killed you gain skills killing that mob and MA thinks they deserve a % of the "skills value" gained so they take their % after ever mob shot in reduced loot.

interseting idea, not sure if regen is taken into account properly. with just the "wrong" amount of people/firepower, you can take one down but with a very slow progress as you're only just above its regen rate (happend on one mob, seemed to take twice as long as the previous)

On the other hand, It's just two 50k ATHs away from breaking even. Or possibly just one more 50k ATH from the 90% - maybe one or two more ATHs would had been paid out if the mob had been hunted slightly more (now I think there were times no one hunted it).

So it's hard to tell - I guess it would be hard to control the "payout" 100% unless it's a mob where MA controls the spawn and hunting rate (like the Hussk), and unless the loot is to be exactly the same for each kill.

Gave up hunting before this shit VU happened, good move. Just generating CLD returns, not gonna touch a weapon till they sort out their greed.

Gave up hunting before this shit VU happened, good move. Just generating CLD returns, not gonna touch a weapon till they sort out their greed.

1.Just generating CLD returns
2.Sort out their greed.

Introducing CLD was MA's biggest mistake in my eyes.

On every ped spent. a chunck of that goes directly to CLD owners pockets. (So alot fewer biggie HoFs)

So "revenue" goes to CLD owners, and not the pool for future big hofs.

+ They screwed themself pretty badly when 1 person bought tons of CLD's and MA had to buy these back with a huge loss :)

Sorry for being a "downer" about this though ^^,

Its half of the planet partner revenue that goes to cld owners so no diffrence, without clds it would have gone to planet partner for calypso.

MA did not loose anything on the clds they bought back, they got sold to players at the same 1200 ped as MA bought them back for.

1.Just generating CLD returns
2.Sort out their greed.

Introducing CLD was MA's biggest mistake in my eyes.

On every ped spent. a chunck of that goes directly to CLD owners pockets. (So alot fewer biggie HoFs)

So "revenue" goes to CLD owners, and not the pool for future big hofs.

+ They screwed themself pretty badly when 1 person bought tons of CLD's and MA had to buy these back with a huge loss :)

Sorry for being a "downer" about this though ^^,

Back