MA taking our skills?

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
I was having a discussion the other day concerning skills and the topic came up of MA taking skills over time. I said that MA didn't do that. He said that it had happened over time to him and some of his friends. He stated that he had lost skills by not logging in regularly. As far as I know MA has never taken any skills away except that you lost your skills when they deactivated your account.

So I sent a support question as follows:

I have been hearing lately that you guys take away skill points over time if you do not play. I realize that is partially true when you terminate an account (you just take all the skills)however there is a rumor going around that you lose points just because you are not playing regularly. This was never the case before and if you are doing it I would like to know when it started and what your criteria is for doing it is?
thx

This is the response I got back:

Please keep in mind that the Support Department personnel is working with technical support only and therefore we can not reveal information regarding the Entropia Universe in-world dynamics.

That response got me a little worried about my skills.
1. They were just going through the motions of brushing off the question.
or
2. Maybe it is true and they don't want anyone to know.

Regardless of the fact I think this is a legitimate question and should be answered.

Yes this is a legitimate question and it should be answered.
Is this just one person, or did anyone else notice something wrong?

If it would be right; I hope that someone from MA respond either in release notes or in forum that they implemented such change.

That they do not want to talk about the loot I can understand, but the rest .... It's just bullshit, they show just how good the service they provide their customers.

This definitely doesn't happen. Skills may not save properly if a server crashes (been confirmed before with screenshot proof), however I have NEVER heard of skill loss over time before, as there are enough of us that track our skills on a daily basis, it would have been picked up.

This definitely doesn't happen. Skills may not save properly if a server crashes (been confirmed before with screenshot proof), however I have NEVER heard of skill loss over time before, as there are enough of us that track our skills on a daily basis, it would have been picked up.

I am more of the impression they were talking a couple of months off because they seemed to think that if you logged in every 30 days you wouldn't lose the skills. The problem with that is what if you take off 3 months and they are doing this; not only did you pay for those skills but it would be straight up theft if they were taking them without telling us.
I'm really just hoping the guy that answered the question was just trying to get as many tickets done as possible and was not intentionally hiding anything from us.

I logged on very rarely 2010-2011, and not at all from sometime in 2011 to September 2013.

As far as I can tell, my skills were exactly as I left them.
They were mostly very low because I had chipped out, but I did still have 3k+ on LWT and MMS, some left on re-locked skills like coolness and serendipity, and enough Manufacture Electronic to keep Blueprint Comprehension alive.

As I say, all were in-tact when I returned in September.

That they do not want to talk about the loot I can understand, but the rest .... It's just bullshit, they show just how good the service they provide their customers.

Hold your breath. We all know support. It doesn't take a genious to work there as we see from the responses we get. So the fact that THEY (support) can't answer this; just proves nothing.
They couldn't answer the phone if it was next to them, from my experience with support replies.

Oh My! I do love a good excuse to get my tin foil hat out! :eyecrazy:

tinfoilhat_fark.jpg

I think the MA reply is specifically vague enough to neither deny or confirm that they.... even read your question ;) heh, I jest, I very much hope that this is just a rumor though, spurred on by a very vague response.

I have taken months off before and logged in with no skills missing. I don't have any reason to believe this is happening. You were given a run-of-the-mill generic response as hundreds of others do for various support cases.

I have lost a few hours skill gains in the past due to server crash, although I very much doubt backed-up long term skills are deliberately eroded or removed by MA.

Rick

It's not a legitimate question, and I'm relieved that Support didn't waste much time answering it, at the expense of other real problems.

They may periodically see a need to balance weapons or tools as they did recently but I don't see any reason why MA would want to take away avatar's skills.

I've taken 6-8 months off at a time with no loss...sounds like you're talking to someone who can't add properly.

I don't think you lose skills, but when they redo professions or introduce new ones, etc. I think it can change your standings in the professions sometimes since each skill does a different percentage on that profession... It does not happen very often though... bigger concern if they are seeing lots of skills gone would be if account is hacked and someone is slowly chipping it out?

skill loss is true

I have found that after a couple of years of inactivity that my skills seem questionably low, before I stopped playing I chipped in and I remember my Agility and Courage being way higher than it is today. I'm glad to see this post and the thought people are realizing that they should log in every couple of months of non activity. Anyone interested in 1k melee skills or anything, you supply the chip and tool as I have no money left but want to play again and don't see a usefulness in retaining my melee skills. Now days it looks like blp is the most efficient way to hunt, it was melee fist weapon and such. My email : Independence476@gmail.com ... (Conan) P.S. Hi to Quark Quantinum Scientist

Back