Major concern regarding teaming and shared loot in Loot 2.0

Status
After reading this thread it is obvious that the people not interested in the balancing of the shared loot are the exact ones that are leeching on the other players on those shared loots.

Hell, if i had a way to hunt for free i would also! Congratz on those Uber DPP for stealing all other players and playing for free :)

Hell, if i had a way to hunt for free i would also! Congratz on those Uber DPP for stealing all other players and playing for free :)

You also gave the solution! The uber DPP. Those kind of items are always for sale. Buy some, fulfill your dreams!

This is how the system works since the beginning but some people suddenly had an epiphany or something; some other people knew, used the system and now they want it changed because reasons, not understanding that a perfectly balanced system would kill the game within months, if everyone would know that all they can get out from the system is constant 95%, without any reason of investment or even skilling...

After reading this thread it is obvious that the people not interested in the balancing of the shared loot are the exact ones that are leeching on the other players on those shared loots.

Thats how the game has always been :scratch2: topp dpp leeches off the rest, its not only shared. Only recently did they start to move away from this model always amazes me how few people actually understand how the game works.

Thats how the game has always been :scratch2: topp dpp leeches off the rest, its not only shared. Only recently did they start to move away from this model always amazes me how few people actually understand how the game works.

Has always been..... except since they introduced loot 2.0 and forgot to fix shared loot accordingly, which they are now allegedly working on :)

You also gave the solution! The uber DPP. Those kind of items are always for sale. Buy some, fulfill your dreams!

This is how the system works since the beginning but some people suddenly had an epiphany or something; some other people knew, used the system and now they want it changed because reasons, not understanding that a perfectly balanced system would kill the game within months, if everyone would know that all they can get out from the system is constant 95%, without any reason of investment or even skilling...

Thankfully this isn't the case because "Efficiency" is in play and there is not one single mob in the game to hunt and there is an economy to support markup in hunting, and skills matter a massive amount because the items with the best efficiency are almost all items which involve needing level 100 or near level 100 to use properly.

Phew.

That is a twisted view on the problem. That "Uber DPP" doesn't give any advantage in Solo Hunting since the introduction of Loot 2.0. In old times, having better DPP meant having better returns indeed, but not anymore.

On Shared loots is where the problem arises because the loot distribution is calculated based on damage done and not on resources spent. That said, the more DPP you have the better your loot is (contrary to how loot 2.0 was designed).

So all this takes us to a single conclusion, people with "Uber DPP" are leeching on others with lower DPP while hunting on shared loot.

PS: We are not waking up now and finally realizing how the game works. Everyone knew that on the past better DPP meant better returns. But 2.0 is here to change that, MA just forgot to implement it on shared loot. lol

All the steam is used on new event system to get more $. New coin to get more $. New whatevershittheycancomeoutwith every year, but not bugs.

Never, ever they actually put their work on fixing shit. This shit has been around for a while and there is nothing done. Due to playerbase and probably some higher end ubers pushed the issue, they bothered responding to it.

I actually know another game company who is as bad - Funcom. These guys will take fun out of everything. If you were masturbating, Funcom would make you fake orgasms.

And these companies persist...

They may have just addressed this as much as they are going to. They lowered max crit % to 4% and max crit damage increase to 60%. They said they would make it more equitable, not exactly proportional to ped spent.

They may have just addressed this as much as they are going to. They lowered max crit % to 4% and max crit damage increase to 60%. They said they would make it more equitable, not exactly proportional to ped spent.

they lowered this in the action category. is that the same as the total category? or at they saying u can only eat enough pills for 4% bonus? along with my rings and armor?

You can now only eat enough pills to get 4% focus blow and 60% crit damage increase, all other limits are the same.

However now its impossible to get 10% focus blow since items are limited to 5%.

I believe this change is just a band-aid for the yet to be fixed buff stacking exploit, the cap put is the maximum possible without exploiting anyways so it has no negative effect for legit players

Words can't even begin to explain how badly this needs to be fixed, it's such a complete failure and embarrassment, Loot 2.0 has been out for nearly a year and we're still stuck with this weirdly toxic, hostile, and even predatorial environment at every single (Shared Loot) location where new players, poor players, or unwise players alike are basically just being egged on to come participate by players who gear up as well as possible to just leech from others, it's incredibly stupid and just rewards players who are lack empathy or honesty and withhold information from other players who should be receiving actual guidance, and then those new or smaller players who are *mandatory* for the game's continued success just end up getting swindled in their loot returns at these spots and end up being more likely to just berate the developers and quit the game.

Please hurry up and fix this already, if you're working on it, give us an update. Come on.

Words can't even begin to explain how badly this needs to be fixed, it's such a complete failure and embarrassment, Loot 2.0 has been out for nearly a year and we're still stuck with this weirdly toxic, hostile, and even predatorial environment at every single (Shared Loot) location where new players, poor players, or unwise players alike are basically just being egged on to come participate by players who gear up as well as possible to just leech from others, it's incredibly stupid and just rewards players who are lack empathy or honesty and withhold information from other players who should be receiving actual guidance, and then those new or smaller players who are *mandatory* for the game's continued success just end up getting swindled in their loot returns at these spots and end up being more likely to just berate the developers and quit the game.

how is it playing out in regards to loot composition.
Isn't it:
more low level players also shooting > more DPS > less armor/fap decay for higher players as well as less health regeneration > lower kill costs > better loot composition for everyone?

how is it playing out in regards to loot composition.
Isn't it:
more low level players also shooting > more DPS > less armor/fap decay for higher players as well as less health regeneration > lower kill costs > better loot composition for everyone?

People want to shoot with Opalo while having the same chances to loot full esi with the terminator, but not loose much, it's easy :)

People want to shoot with Opalo while having the same chances to loot full esi with the terminator, but not loose much, it's easy :)

Ah yeah, the one thing i've never liked about team-hunting with random people... if ESI drops and someone else gets it...
maybe MA could split the ESI? :D

Ah yeah, the one thing i've never liked about team-hunting with random people... if ESI drops and someone else gets it...
maybe MA could split the ESI? :D

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with loot composition or item splitting. It's about loot shared being based on damage while Loot 2.0 has loot being based on Cost, resulting in the old formula being illogical, unfair, and rewarding players who gear up intentionally to leech from others to abuse the discrepancy between themselves and others.

This is so unbelievably off topic and ridiculous I can't even put it into words. I have no idea why I'm even responding to it, but regarding item split this is how it worked previously, works currently, and will work in the future if loot split is fixed to work on cost after efficiency rather than just damage.

A (Shared Loot) creature is killed by three players.
Player A dealt 10% of damage
Player B dealt 30% of damage
Player C dealt 60% of damage

An item drops, Player A has a 10% chance of looting it, Player B has a 30% chance of looting it, Player C has a 60% chance of looting it.

Now that we've figured it out please stop trying to divert attention away from the actual topic.

Last edited:
Easiest solution.... remove all items from shared mobs and just have stacks of shrapnel. It's 95% of what loots out in the wild anyways. That way division of loot won't matter if it's damage/cost based. There's not really that much of a difference in damage vs cost except for a few weapons with horrible eco.

This would be the easiest way to solve the problem even in the short term and they don't have to touch any of the core looting code.

Easiest solution.... remove all items from shared mobs and just have stacks of shrapnel. It's 95% of what loots out in the wild anyways. That way division of loot won't matter if it's damage/cost based. There's not really that much of a difference in damage vs cost except for a few weapons with horrible eco.

This would be the easiest way to solve the problem even in the short term and they don't have to touch any of the core looting code.

Can also replace some shrapnel with mini tokens to buy pills or other items to facilitate joining shared loot events.

Please hurry up and fix this already, if you're working on it, give us an update. Come on.

I wouldn't paint with a broad brush. People want to participate in the wave and get their badges. You either eco up or pay the consequences, not everyone is there to leach.

Also, with ArMatrix weapons available and cheap crit pills able to be bought in game without depositing/buying boxes you don't need to be at much of a disadvantage.

Can also replace some shrapnel with mini tokens to buy pills or other items to facilitate joining shared loot events.

Yes, combat tokens would make perfect sense for shared mobs as well - good point.

Yes, combat tokens would make perfect sense for shared mobs as well - good point.

The feff wave drops combat tokens but they are way too rare imo right now.

noobs getting robbed at feffoid wave shared event .....bump

noobs getting robbed at feffoid wave shared event .....bump

Who's robbing you, Hoost?? The people at feffoid shared wave are doing fine, most of them, you should ask them :)
I actually have a huge collection of these newbies you care about, that write in local chat all day: esi esi bio esi esi 150 esi 19 esi bio bio 120 esi esi esi esi esi bio 180 esi yay bio... No one is actually complaining here. Not even Mathilda after his 480 pedder esi on shared while ESTing.
You are the only one and maybe darkaruki that feel others are robbed, but you're not testing, you're not asking yet you feel offended in the name of others that don't feel offended or robbed.
If you're going again that loot composition has nothing to do with it, if you whine for getting big esi while at lower tt return, but still manage big profit, then you really are brain dead. This has always been the case in events - lower return in favor of bigger markup. ALWAYS! In all the events, since the beginning, unless super well geared. By super well geared you should understand that there are tools that improve your efficiency.
Don't be brain dead bump :wtg:

Status
Back