Make Weapon Amps Universal

Hostage3

Mature
Dante on a mod merc?; A204 on a Maddox4?

Oh yes, that's what I am suggesting - have at it!

I dont know it that is so good idea,atleast they should remove that things that dont allow you to add a A204 to a Opallo :D

Greetz,
Jason

So basically you are asking to destroy the current somewhat decent balance between blp and laser in order to make Laser weapons a lot more powerful? Yes, a very good suggestion.

Sure, then remove distinction between blp and laser, and to make things even easier - just name all weapons Gun-1, Gun-2...Gun-100 etc so we could hunt Mob-1, Mob-2...Mob-100 without switching the brain on :)

woot i have a even better idea!

make the eu gui with black screen and 3 button.

Craft, Mine and Hunt

and a scroll bar where you decide how much you wanna bet.

Craft, Mine and Hunt

I must have missed something, I thought it was like this already, tee hee :D

So basically you are asking to destroy the current somewhat decent balance between blp and laser in order to make Laser weapons a lot more powerful? Yes, a very good suggestion.

There is no balance - certainly when it comes to L weapons - for the requirement level the guns have the same dmg/sec and economy give or take. A real balance would be to make laser guns more powerful - aka, the imk2 has 70dmg/sec max, and the mod stark has 60dmg/sec max, to take into account the difference in dante/a106 speed.

Craft, Mine and Hunt

Well, when it comes to hunting, the damage type - aka burn or penetration - is meaningless; so is the word BLP or laser. They do damage, simple, the other stuff is fluff. MA made mining amps universal, why not hunting amps?

There is no balance - certainly when it comes to L weapons - for the requirement level the guns have the same dmg/sec and economy give or take. A real balance would be to make laser guns more powerful - aka, the imk2 has 70dmg/sec max, and the mod stark has 60dmg/sec max, to take into account the difference in dante/a106 speed.

But why do they have to be the same? Might as well than go all the way and do as Svarog said.

Well, when it comes to hunting, the damage type - aka burn or penetration - is meaningless; so is the word BLP or laser. They do damage, simple, the other stuff is fluff. MA made mining amps universal, why not hunting amps?

1) Because mining amps being universal makes sense (they attach to same type of finder), hunting amps being universal does not (one boosts energy output, one boosts projectile velocity).
2) Burn vs. Penetration does matter, when in PvP.
3) It has been hinted in the past that certain mobs may have protection against certain types of attacks.

do you own either of these weapons or will in the future??? if not then why do you care? :D

3) It has been hinted in the past that certain mobs may have protection against certain types of attacks.
:wise:That sir is a myth, like the our god the lootius.

NO! to this silly suggestion.

Seems like all mobs evade attacks, even when you shoot them with guns and they supposed to dodge....

:wise:That sir is a myth, like the our god the lootius.

Yes, sorry, what I meant to write was that future mobs may be added that has protection against damage :)

I can see the point the OP is getting at.

It's the weapon that decides how many uses an amp will use per min.

There's a reason though why amps where designed to fit laser or BLP and have different stats becasue of this. I'm not keen to calculate the differences.

I'm neither for or against it, although it's good to bring ideas and thoughts to the forum.

Rick

Meh I just want melee amps and why not make new amps for mounted weapons? =)
And why not simply make an amp that will increase the rate of fire of your weapon? Meh that would be ideal. You sacrifice the less damage for faster hits per min. Damn.. imagine Mod merc with this Laser mk.I RTF (rate of fire).
Or for that matter BLP mk.I RTF.
The odds of anything of this happening is about 0.0001% of the odd chance that your idea will get implemented - Note melee amps will come though, sometime hopefully within the next few years when MA makes it a "priority"

If they made weapon amps universal I think it would effect the MV of Dante, Evil, A106 and A204. These items have held their value steady as the supply for BLP vs Laser weapons. Make them interchangable and how would you price an A204 vs an Evil.

A very poorly conceived idea.

I'll quote the venerable Mr. Jimmy B.

Well, playing devil's-advocate, should a brawler really be able to do as much damage as someone wielding a gun?

I'm all for developing and balancing professions, but if you skilled a profession that was low dps only, hoping for it to one day have high dps alternatives then you were taking a gamble*. When I first started there were some interesting choices to be made regarding your profession choice. Laser weapons tended to be a bit more eco than BLP, but BLP ones a bit higher dps. Rifles and Carbines had longer range and higher damage compared to handguns, at the expense slower reload. etc. Nowadays some of those distinctions are fading away, making a bit of a mockery of the choices we made 5+ years ago. That's a risk too, so fair enough, but at the same time there should remain meaningful differences between the professions otherwise there's no point having the choice at all.

* My opinions on the taming debacle are similar. Yes, the people who skilled taming a lot have the right to be disappointed taming was never re-implemented. Taming disappearing completely wasn't a risk they could have been expected to foresee. But taming was essentially dull and useless anyway, so they were always gambling on it getting better one day (of which there was no guarantee - as we already knew from scanning). If taming was reimplemented as it was back then, would anyone really be satisfied? I doubt it. So in terms of development time, it's not worth bringing it back as it was. It should either remain dead, saving development time for something else, or come back much much better.

If they made weapon amps universal I think it would effect the MV of Dante, Evil, A106 and A204. These items have held their value steady as the supply for BLP vs Laser weapons. Make them interchangable and how would you price an A204 vs an Evil.

1. Buy a lot of dante's.
1.a (Optional) Sell all A106/A204's you own.
2. Suggest laser/BLP amplifier merge.
3. Watch people who owns a laser gun with base damage >= 62 desperately want to get a dante for bigger DPS/DPP.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!

:rolleyes:

A very poorly conceived idea.

I'll quote the venerable Mr. Jimmy B.

Far from it: please enlighten me - where limited weapons and sib are concerned, in terms of hunting - what exactly is the benefit of laser, plasma, gauss, melee, mindforce in comparison to BLP. BLP has the speed, the eco, the range, to equal or better all of these. It also has the best amps. Where the hell is the balance?

Far from it: please enlighten me - where limited weapons and sib are concerned, in terms of hunting - what exactly is the benefit of laser, plasma, gauss, melee, mindforce in comparison to BLP. BLP has the speed, the eco, the range, to equal or better all of these. It also has the best amps. Where the hell is the balance?

The solution is not to completely remove all differences. If we're suggesting a solution, suggest that the differences be restored. MA has shown a willingness to completely remove the resources needed to construct certain weapons already, even if there was no apparent reason to do so. They can change things in that way, so they might as well do so with a distinct purpose.

If we do want to homogenize things completely and it's just about having bigger laser amps, introducing a new line of craftable laser amps (B-series, maybe. There's already one in game.) would make the most sense. These would be lower eco than A-series, but higher maximum power. The problem with making all amps work everywhere, apart from making no sense based on the designation of the amps, is that A-amps on smaller BLP weapons would be unbalanced from a dpp perspective because they were never designed with that possibility in mind.

Hasn't this somewhat been done with cyrene weapons where they use "wrong" amp on the weapon? Or was that just a bug?

Also, not that MA is logical in anyway. But from a logical perspective how would an amplifier for an energy based weapon work on a BLP weapon?

I would however like to see different types of ammo for weapons, such as AP, incendiary and explosive ammo..but that's another topic

Last edited:
The OP got plenty of "stick" but it appears MindArk have taken note to an extent, with the improvement of laser and blp amps; the A204 getting better damage and the evil better efficency.

Yup they've shown their hand: it's to be complete homogenization of weapon classes and types. sniper=pistoleer (used to be range/max damage vs attacks but now we have high range pistols and machinegun carbines) and laser=blp. The dumbing down of EU continues.

Back