Man of Steel - 2010

exovirus

Prowler
Society
Virus Exo Binary
Welcome to the Man of Steel competition.

With mentoring down and out and returning who knows when, many players no longer take the time to help newcomers. I see this by the amount of people coming into the game who have played for several weeks and still lack the basic and most necessary knowledge which would enable them to enjoy the game more.

I asked several people in another post how I could use 80 - 100 ped to improve the community, and a contest was suggest by Thantos. I feel that any ped pumping, trigger pulling hunter can complete the iron challenge quests, however it takes a "Man of Steel" to contribute to the community.

Now with the introductory out of the way, lets get down to the rules and details.

Competition: Creatively help as many people as you can!
Current Prize: 115 ped ( Will grow with contributions, donations, etc. )

Opening Closing Date: Today - April 10th of 2010
Contest Closing Date: Dec 31st of 2010. ( Prize will be awarded Jan. 1st - 7th of 2011 )

Criteria for Judging:

The man of steel will be judged on the following criteria for his or efforts and ideas.

- Creativity - How original it is.
- Effectiveness - How well it works.
- Dedication - How well it is maintained.
- Contribution - What is being put into it.
- Organization - How well is it promoted,

Rules:

1. If it hurts the community, causes drama, issues, problems, arguments, is harmful to individuals to groups,and or aims to interrupt or disrupt the efforts of other fellow competitors in this competition, it will not win.

I truly hope as this competition develops it will make the ped I am donating go much farther than simply giving free gear to new players. I hope everyone here will be respectful enough to use this chance to improve our community and not turn it into cage fight amongst each other.

Best of luck!

- virus -

Last edited:
Q&A Section

a;dflkj....

List of Participants

If you are entering please post in the thread and you will be added to the list of participants!

1. AmorJogo

Last edited:
applications are open, no fee for competing and you will be improving your community!

prize pot raised from 100 to 115 ped!

Hey virus,

Too bad you came up with this competition now. But I'm glad some people (like you and Hugh) still care about the noobs. A few years ago, I was one of the few players that was actually organizing events and raising funds for noobs. So I'm glad to see that this has changed.

However, I quit playing three years ago, so I had to start a new avatar: MaDiCh. As a result, I'm the biggest noob myself right now. Allthough I would just love to join your competition, I'm just not good enough myself atm to help noobs, because I'm a noob myself, lol :)

Nevertheless, if you find my Charity program (see signature) interesting, I might restart it one day and furthermore I would love to see you ingame !!! I'm always interested in meeting kind noob helpers like yourself.

Please pm me if interested !

Kind regards,
AmorJogo (aka MaDiCh)

Nevertheless, if you find my Charity program (see signature) interesting, I might restart it one day and furthermore I would love to see you ingame !!!

Sure I will put you down on the competitor list.

Also prize pot raised to 135 now, efd has been sold.

100 ped from efd
35 ped from sweat I have sold.

New prize also available!

1 set of full tt (f) pixi armour will be awarded to the most creative screenshot of one of the competitors helping a noob.

To participate in picture contest have less than 30 agility, and submit a thumbnail of your screeny in a post here within this thread before the end of May!

Nice Mentoring Activity

Intresting Competition... But what have to do the title: "Man of Steel" with Noob helping activities?

I think the best way of helping Noobs is to buy the heavy earned Sweat at minimum 5ped the kilo... I love to help with info the neewbies, becouse several times when I was Noob other players give me help... And I was very happy!

I know the Noobs are very courios to try hunting with diffrent Fire-Weappons (not just the TT weappons) and so I started to give from time to time to a Noob a lowTT Emik S30(L) and some amo... I belive this is the best Pistol for Noobs - limited but very good dmg / pec. I scan before the person and after I chat with him and explain why am I do this and what can be hunted with 1pec shoot handgun!

I see other players gives Jester D-1 Rifle as a gift for Noobs, but this is more a ped eater Weappon... I consider that with good advise we can help better other neewbies and so we protect better the Community of the Noobs to be more dedicated to the game! :)

Intresting Competition... But what have to do the title: "Man of Steel" with Noob helping activities?

exovirus said:
I feel that any ped pumping, trigger pulling hunter can complete the iron challenge quests, however it takes a "Man of Steel" to contribute to the community.

Ever read the threads you post in much, or do you just blindly give input?

Edit: Your input on how I should be helping newbs should have been put here.

Last edited:
Back