maniac's "3 in - 2 out" theory

maniac

Alpha
Society
Church of Lootius
Konrad D. Knox
:) I have often noticed, on Amethera specifically, but on Eudoria too, that when there is a big spawn of "random" mobs of more than one type in the area, it seems to have a tendency:

If 3 types of mobs, 1 type always gives no loot, or drops some pecs once in a while, 2 other types drop very well.

If 5 types - 2 don't loot, and suck your peds out, and 3 types - do loot and give you income.

If you got a good notion of which ones are the "money in" and which ones are "money out", you're well on your way to have a successful profitable cleaning of the area.

Anyone else noticed this? Comment, additions, critique?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to maniac again.

You could be onto something. Write the facts down, make the theory, use it and predict the future facts. If it works, then you are onto something.

If it works... then I did get half a ped from each fugabarba and no loot from the gibnibs and daikiba around atlas for half an hour.... interesting...

North of Tethys - foul no loot, molisk and armax - good loot.

West of fury: faucervix no loot, feffoid, tripudon - good loot.
More west: atrox - no loot, argonaut - good loot.

North of Argus - snables no loot, cornundacaudas - do loot somewhat good.

Tantardions wherever they are - good loot, tantillions - no loot.

If you are onto something it will be changed tomorrow now.

Scorpion said:
If you are onto something it will be changed tomorrow now.
:laugh:

But interesting observation! It is my opinion that loot is so random that there appears to be patterns. That would explain why there are so many theories, and why they tend to disappear. I believe that you should hunt how it feels more profitable to you, and the only way to be truly profitable all the time (or most) is with the high end armors, weapons, faps, and lots of skills.

maniac said:
North of Argus - snables no loot, cornundacaudas - do loot somewhat good.

Tantardions wherever they are - good loot, tantillions - no loot.

Completly agree on the Tantillions, worse looting mob. Even chirpy will give an occasional ped.

North of argus, it switches. if ones poor the other is usually paying out.

Had a bad night loot last night hunting 3 differnet types of mobs in one area. So many "this creature caried nothing" I got a little frustraited and killed a poor chirpy provider that came near me,

3 PED in that one!!

So perhaps the theory is good!

aridash said:
Completly agree on the Tantillions, worse looting mob. Even chirpy will give an occasional ped.

I've noticed this trend at times too (not just with Tantillions but other mobs in multi-mob areas), but then it's Tantillions, Merps, and other really aggressive mobs that are gonna come get ya so they're hard to avoid.

Tends to depend on each mob's maturity a lot too, me thinks.
Hunted argo and none but Scouts were giving me return.
Then moved on to Trox and Young/Old/Provider were ped drain, while 90% of Mature were really generous.

Agree with monstrowhale......i was skilling berys and exas......most loot from youngs but none from matures and above...nothing from providers n dominants as well...till a nice little bery old came my way n gave me a global

as far as north of argus goes...i have never had a succesful corn hunt there...a few ped or so...but the snables for me dropped everything from faps..goblin armour....loads of skins and loads of hair gel??? :confused: ...now what must these snables be doing with that much hair gel anyways???
i have found the multiple mob theory to be true sometimes as well....but too random to state it as a fact.

maniac hates me, sorry... stil wont post nude pic of me to u....

we had our time

1. I don't hate you. My priest side hates you. :D
2. We never had our time.

Back