Mark’s Apology to the Community

Thank you for your support & vote of confidence RJ :)

Glad you had a change of heart & came around Norbert, ty :).

I am so glad i've never had the misfortune of befriending someone like you in eu. It makes me feel.....superior. Similar to when hovering my foot over an ant.

LOL. I was hoping that this video game would give me those warm fuzzy feelings as well.... unfortunately I can't seem to find them here. Oh well.... back to real life ;)

Menace

A newbie's opinion if it counts

When i started playing the game , Mark was one of the most talkative people i met at swamp and probably one of the highest sweat payer at that time (5 ped/k if i remember correct). Helped quite a few newcomers from my experience in the swamp.

Despite all that, I am shocked Mark did what he did. I am not debating whether what he did was right or wrong but it was definitely out of character for Mark is all i say.

The question i have to ask is " Does 1 wrong negate all the goods a person does" If the reverse is not true, why should this be?

As for the soc's decision that is there's to make. I do have one thing to say though.

A gr8 soc is not made of perfect people but made up of normal fallible guys/girls who are kept motivated in the right direction. The fact that Mark came out with a public apology is a good start imo.

Just my :twocents:

WE think this is an interesting development. :laugh:
Apparently, I speak for my cat and myself in this matter, hence self-reference in the plural is allowed ;)

From now on, I think I can only ever see you as an evil villain-esque character, lol.

And on topic: I think PKing is all in good fun, and there should be more of it in EU. But that's just me and I'll just go back to killing people.

Objection! My cat is NOT named Mr Bigglesworth!

Objection! My cat is NOT named Mr Bigglesworth!
Sorry AG but what does your cat have to do with my thread? I see this as an off-topic comment, pls leave such comments out of here as they are non constructive & do not add anything to further the discussion in a relevant way. Thx ~Mark~

Last edited:
My apologies.

May your apology litany continue unimpeded by additional injections of levity.

OFFICIAL -TAO- ANNOUNCEMENT

Following much discussion the recent blood-money-hoohah TAO- has voted , by a large majority that Mark Rufen Power should be forgiven his indiscretion and remain in the Soc. I am happy, as Soc Leader, to ratify this decision

I'd like to thank all the people who posted their opinions on Mark's apology thread, as this also helped me to make a difficult decision, which could not be based on just a simple vote.

Before we shake hands and -hopefully- forget this, let's all try to see each others' POV:

To those who still think that Mark is highly culpable and ought to be kicked: please re-read the thread, carefully. Note that the majority disagree with you, for several very good reasons, which they stated.

To those who, conversely, would demonise anyone who suggested that Mark should be kicked, let me say that all of those people are equally nice people, in my experience. and i can sympathise with their POV. This is not the first time that Mark has had a brainstorm and done something so daft you could never predict it. Nor is this the first time we've come under pressure from people outside the Soc to kick him. Understandably, some members' nerves were getting frayed.

To those who think it was something of nothing and his apology should not have been posted. Well, let's suppose that Mark had been kicked from the Soc. He would have had a hard time getting into another decent soc without this thread to explain why the ugly rumours don't really amount to very much, after all. That's just one reason why it needed to be made. . There are more, but I want to keep this brief.

To those who think that this was just about Pk-ing some people: no, it wasn't. We do not have a problem with pk-ing in itself. It was about accepting a job from Entropia's most notorious ava to harrass some noobs. Socs have been split over less than that; and it really had been exactly as it seemed on the surface, then our soc would have found that inexcusable.

To those who think that soc rep should not be the paramount consideration, let me say that I wholly agree with this. If the deeper human issues were not more important than rep, then our Soc would not deserve it's precious rep, IMO. That's why Mark is still with us to this day

As I said, it was a difficult decision, because I had to consider, not just majority opinion, but if people could comfortably share the same Soc, given all the strong feelings this issue generated. If the answer was no, then it would have been best for Mark to leave,

....but our best wishes would surely have gone with him anyway

jay :)

Juniper Jaywalker Jones, Master, -TAO- Society

dont kick, resign, and come join Manticore =D

Jay,

Thanks for your posting here. I'm sure that Mark appreciates both the post and moreso, that his society stands behind him. In the end, no external influences should shape a decision like this one because your society members and leadership know best the shape they wish to make their society into.

Good luck to you and all members of -TAO-

AG

Back