Marked Situation for Miners

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
I have spend a little Time Watching the Auctions now and saw a lot of Ore/Enmatter Ressources, Refined and Not running off without a Buyer.

The Base are the "Hunters" who need new cool Equipment and Weapons to take the Big Atrox down for HOF and Glory. The Majorety does Hunting mainly.

Second are Lifestyle and Status Symbols like Shades cool Cloths and Expensive Goodies who can't afford by Everyone.

Tailors get their Stuff from the Hunters allright. Bad luck for Miners

Are just the (few good) Constructers left who have need of Mined Minerals.
They make the Weapons and the Enhancements for the HOF Hungry.

BUT Hunters does also Loot nice Equipment. Most Things like Armor , Guns and Add ons Like Scope or Laser Sight are one Time only Buyings.
And can be sold for the Same ammount if not longer needed later.

The Profit Decay and Ammo is hold by MA. Im not Complaining about this. :)

The Auctions is overflowing with Stuff who no one buy.

My Question (finally) is , is there any good Marked for Mined Minerals or is the Majorety of Minerals doomed to End in the TT ? Or have PE enough Miners and more Miners would just damage the Marked ?

80%-90% of the prices on ore enmatter in auction is way too high prices, there are plenty of crafters around to buy, it's just some miners but mostly resellers that are greedy trying to get way too high prices.

So ofcourse no crafter will buy that ore :silly2:

I hate resellers more than rich people in shadow without RDA, kill em all :evilking:

Knuckles said:
I hate resellers more than rich people in shadow without RDA, kill em all :evilking:

lol cant agree more always pushing up the price of things makes me so MAD :cussing:

its everyone's game ;) if we just left them too it, or just let them buy each other's stuff and never ever sell low to them, or never ever buy things from them, soon they either wont have cash or wont have items - either way, it gets rid of the resellers.

Shouting at those people who either cannot see what you write or wish to remain anon, doesnt do anything good :)

Answer to the question, just sell a little lower than market price - you can always find people buying in towns etc, if you sell 2.5% lower than the market price, people are bound to buy (especially in large quantities).

Buyers are the problem. Not sellers...

DD
:evilking:

I get my ore sold on auc 99% of the time. What i do is:
Start bid= ttvalue of ore +going % rate for the ore
Buyout= price as above +1 ped for the auction fee
set it for 24 hours (no longer) and i usually have my ped very fast.

I never try and sell very low quantities i always try to save up a bit so i can sell them in larger amounts.

This always seems to work for me :)

Degnyx said:
I get my ore sold on auc 99% of the time. What i do is:
Start bid= ttvalue of ore +going % rate for the ore
Buyout= price as above +1 ped for the auction fee
set it for 24 hours (no longer) and i usually have my ped very fast.

I never try and sell very low quantities i always try to save up a bit so i can sell them in larger amounts.

This always seems to work for me :)

i did the same when i mined i never charged over the top i dont for aqnything i do sell i just dont think people should pay the price of things the resellers set

You can get the best prices for your minerals by selling at the traditional markets like PA, Twin Peaks, etc. You do better if you have larger quantities. Many miners simply don't have the patience to sit there trying to sell all day long - they want to be out there mining. In cases like this, resellers provide a valuable service. There are people who prefer sitting in town repeating "SELLING: Various ores" over and over again ad nauseum for hours on end.

Others would rather get back to mining.

There are idiots in both groups who flood the auction with overpriced items. Don't sweat it - they're the ones losing the PED on the auction fee.

MindBuster said:
80%-90% of the prices on ore enmatter in auction is way too high prices, there are plenty of crafters around to buy, it's just some miners but mostly resellers that are greedy trying to get way too high prices.

Agreed, I craft a lil my self and when I can't find a fair buy out I just say screw and go hunting.

MindBuster said:

I second this.
I craft a lot, but stop buying ore when prices are ridiculus high. (over 120%)

/Kjetil :cool:

Knuckles said:

Hi Knuckles , I'm a reseller, nice to meet you :nana: :boxer: ;) lol

Dont complaint about resellers , they are probably the reason that you dont have to go around weeks or more looking for an item you want , or even when you are trying to sell the same item for a month without anyone buying. Resellers save everyone time (and time equals money , and in PE less time trading means more time having fun :p ). With resellers everybody would probably have to tt a lot more items because they didn't want to be bothered to spend huge amounts of time trying to find buyers. I find it also funny when the opposite occours and people complain that a certaint item that they bought at a price is now dropping in price and they feel about their items not being worth as much. After all , you want prices to be high or low? :p

It has been said over and over , an item is worth what you pay for it. Resellers don't push up the prices , the buyers do :p It's simple , if you dont want , don't buy , soon enough the (re)seller will drop the price. You should only pay what you think its fair. I usually sell minerals and tailoring materials according to the average % of those materials sold in auction. Everyday I have lots of offer to sell to resellers for under the market price so that when they sell to the usual price they get profit.

Remember one thing , as much as you would like to blame reseller for all the evil and high prices in PE , remember that they actually present a very important service for players and for economy.

If even so , you or anybody else wants to kill me , feel free to do so :) :kos:

DevAng, you're just an evil Capitalist.

Shade said:
DevAng, you're just an evil Capitalist.

I'm just saying thing as they are. Dont blame resellers.

Devil Doll said:
Buyers are the problem. Not sellers...

Eliminate the Middle man ...BUY FACTORY DIRECT :D :deal: :tiphat:

vemon said:
Eliminate the Middle man ...BUY FACTORY DIRECT :D :deal: :tiphat:

That would be the easiest and most practical way. But not everybody (not even the most of ppl) know the actual makers of the items ;)

It's in that kind of things (amoung others) that resellers provide a very usefull service. They provide a huge variety of items without you having to spend lots of time looking for the it's maker ot looter assuming that they would want to sell it.

And by the way , I would also think that buying from the factory would be better , but unfortunatly I had some experiences in that matter , and when asking the maker ( this happened with more than one person) they were asking even (much) more than market price. So now you can blame the crafters and hunter for the high prices too :p

Im gonna open a can of worms here again ;) . Permanent decay....in the long run the only way to maintain a stable economy. When all hunters got the best possible attachments whos gonna buy crafted stuff if influx of new players slows down??
This issue has been discussed before and MA had the chance to implement it right after game went gold...but they didnt take it..

strakkan said:
Im gonna open a can of worms here again ;) . Permanent decay....in the long run the only way to maintain a stable economy. When all hunters got the best possible attachments whos gonna buy crafted stuff if influx of new players slows down??
This issue has been discussed before and MA had the chance to implement it right after game went gold...but they didnt take it..
Sence when do "ALL HUNTERS" have the best possible equipment? Oh they never will. I bought a Maddox 4, it's crafted. I odn't see your point... You wanna be able to craft Mod Mercs? Perm Decay was abandoned give it up it's not gonna happen.

Faustian said:
Sence when do "ALL HUNTERS" have the best possible equipment? Oh they never will. I bought a Maddox 4, it's crafted. I odn't see your point... You wanna be able to craft Mod Mercs? Perm Decay was abandoned give it up it's not gonna happen.

You didnt understand my post at all.......
What I meant was that when all ( many, most ) people in PE got equipment that they cant upgrade cuz its the best crafters can make what are the crafters gonna do? And at some point " ALL " hunters will if fresh people dont join in at a constant speed.....
And if crafters dont find a point in crafting there aint gonna be any oreselling. Im never gonna give up this idea cuz its how every vital economy works....things decay and needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
DevAng said:
I'm just saying thing as they are. Dont blame resellers.

Evil, I say. How dare you try to make a profit by providing a service?

Disgusting!

lol :p

I am an evil capitalist reseller still waiting to be killed by Knuckles ... and damn proud of it :laugh:

DevAng said:
lol :p

I am an evil capitalist reseller still waiting to be killed by Knuckles ... and damn proud of it :laugh:

Where do you want the bullet?Neck or your heart? ;)

Hmm hmm Resellers ...

Anyone Else saw the 2 HUGE Ammounts of Lyst in Auction ? I belive one was 100k for 160%

One day almost 400K Lyst was in Auction only Raw Material not Counted the Ingots. This is what me make Think about the Market. First who can Afford to buy that High Ammounts ? Other Things are lets take a Example Aberer Laser Sight. Somone buyed today a Blueprint for like 150 PED. But theres absolutly no Marked anymore for that Item. They got Sold by TT + 2 - 7 If a Hunter Upgrade his Laser Sight he not just TT the old Aberer Laser Sight no he Sell it. No need of Build new ones at Huge Ammounts thats bad for the Crafters and of Course for the Miners.

About the Permanent Decay. I think when the Marked Situation come that Worse that everyone have very Good Stuff (What proably never happen) MA will react bringing new Better Stuff online or Perma Decay. But there is no Need for the Moment to put this in.

On my Viev the Market is a big Speculation at the Moment. People buy Mass ammounts of Ores and try to sell for +10%. As long they Belive they can sell it the Cash will flow. But what happen when they cant sell it(for example the Lyst) Prices will dump people will cry opps someone lost a lot of Monney.

Im not Long enough in PE to have a good Overviev on the Marked but some Things look really Unhealthy for the Player. MA will always do their Cut because they have the most Profitable Supply Monopol. A good Economy can only Build on Decay. Imagine everyone would just need to buy only one time in his Life a car. Its bad to Compare PE with RL but its just an Hypotetic Example to think about.

Knuckles said:
Where do you want the bullet?Neck or your heart? ;)

On my hair :p :silly:

I m reseller too..

Im reseller too and proudof it. I think resellers are good point in circulation. Miners want mine and crafters want craft. They not want run by hours around the continent and collect ressources. We do it. Its hard work do do. Sometimes i cant answer to all offers, then people be mad ( thinking im some bad, not want answer and some flame me). But i help people int have uber profits, only around 5 %. I try make 100 ped TT amounts of ore what crafters can better see the % of my stuff. To this time my money under all this stuff and if market move up and down i can lose no only profit, but my own money too. Think about that i work all most full 8 hours day and one round of 1000 ped give me 50 ped profit. But some stuff i must put again, again and again and pay auction fees. If miner lucky, he can make at one ped 100. I see my soc first miner only hof and hof :). Some days he make 4-5 more profit and get skills too. Hunter same, even hun was unlucky he have skill rise. What i got? Flame, no skill and some peds what i collect to some bigger hunt or mining ,thats all unlucky :) Now i stay and ask ores :).
And try to be useful to miners and crafters.
About permanent decay. Its intresting idea . I think what every repairing in terminal not must repair item fully, the value go down and down. At last crafter must do remake-repair to item. Then it like new but 90 %. This case MA earn his repair money and crafters may be more useful. Thank You for listen me and sorry about my bad english.

I will tell you I used to craft weopens and liked doing it ....but it just became a money pit.... I just got to the point I gave that up. And as far as the auction goes...Never use it never will...why cause the people who put stuff on there cant get stupid prices on the street. I either buy it from someone i trust or i do not get it. And as far as resellers? They are just as bad as those telemarketers you get a call from at dinner time. They will do anything to get your ped. Sorry if I offended. Just my worthless thoughts.

resellers are an absolutely integral part of the PE economy. They provide a service for people, and should be paid as such. if you dont like resellers, then dont deal with them. As for the auction... i love it, because stupid people will pay ridiculous buyout prices because they have to have it 'right now'. i know. im one of those people.

I would much rather message someone on my friends list, and give them iron at 125% than stand in PA for an hour selling at 130%.

Also, i like being able to message someone and say 'i need X' and they say 'ok, ill keep an eye out for you'.

trading is something that some people like to do, and others do not. i like to trade sometimes, but other times id rather message someone and unload 200 ped of various ores, than try and sell them myself. i could be out mining, or trading... sometimes i just want to get back out in the field!

I'm sure there are some shady traders out there... hell i know there are. but finding a trusted trader is invaluable.

So all you resellers, keep up the good work. I appreciate what you do.

:D

Here Here!!
I hate trying to sell my loots on my own.

I would like to see ppl spend 1 or 2 weeks playing PE if there were no resellers and ppl only bought what they wanted for direct use.

I think most ppl would be beggin for have those resellers back :p

Resellers are nice for finding the highest price possible for a given item ;)

As for myself, I have a running boy that sells for me. I give him, let's say 100 iron ingots, and says I want 120% for it. Everything above that is his. This way, I've created a job in the game, I get my money, and at the same time I can spend time hunting/mining. If I need ammo while hunting, I just msg him, and he comes, and I pay a little bit extra for the ammo.

So yeah, I've created a reseller, but what else are orange-suits good for? :p

Back