market advice! :D

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
well, it seems our market advisor wasnt what he seemed to be, a shame the thread got locked before someone explained why his reasoning behind his advice was wrong, i thought it would be good to point that out in case there are people who might still think his tips were interesting. or maybe im just annoyed i typed so much only to find the thread locked :p

Well, I'm not a badass trader.

I'm just a normal guy explaining some financial aspects for those who wanna play PE more efficiently.

its much nicer talking to a normal guy than a financial advisor :)

If you want to make some money, mine in those places where theres Blau, and place a price of 115%.
If you wanna lose money, mine in a place where there's Belk. You will place a price of 115%, and nobody will buy it due to the price will be falling until it reaches 106%.

It's easy.

its even easier than that, mine areas where the current average markup of the resources covers your costs and the expected 10% TT loss, you can do this without speculating on future price rises.

And why Blau will rise?
- We are at the end of the month. Money constraints, less cash, less depos, less mining, less blau in AU, more expensive to get blau.

using this reasoning ALL resources will rise in price at the end of the month, only they dont, so blaus wont rise in price. also, less cash, less mining, less depos are not reasons for making blaus more expensive to get, the cost of probes has not changed, i know of no change to the availability of blaus, therefore, the cost to obtain blaus (for the miner) stays the same.

Why Belk will fall?

Due to it's overpriced, and it's used to craft some items which have no decent MU yo get a profit buying Belkar at 115%.
Belkar have been falling 15 days. 9Feb suffered a market manipulating boasting it from 118% to 140%. Even 118% is overpriced. It will reach prices from ending Nov-Starting Dec, when price was 108%.

Trust me.

Cheers.:yay:

you also seem to fail when it comes to the reason for the increase in the price of belkar, there is less belkar being mined than in the past due to changes MA made/is making on calypso, if there is less belkar "in the ground" prices rise, this is basic economics, so unless more belkar is being found prices will be higher than they historically were.

thank you for giving your reasoning as a financial advisor, i hope you can now see why i, as a complete layman, was sceptical of your advice. ;)

as a complete novice at giving financial advice i am now feeling bold enough to make my own attempt, here is my hot tip for the next week(s). :D

in the last few months prices on arkadian resources have been under pressure, lower demand for crafted arkadian weapons due to the availability of new eco calypso weapons have hurt the arkadian weapons export market along with changed skill requirements of these imported weapons that have meant that crafters with arkadian weapons blueprints have been crafting less. this caused a drop in miners on arkadia because of less demand and lower prices.
soon there will be a planet partner update where new weapons blueprints will drop on arkadia to fill in the gaps caused by the skill requirement changes, this will cause crafters to flock to arkadia after the update in the hope of looting one of these valuable blueprints.

the facts of lower quantities of arkadian resources on the market, historically lower prices, and fewer local producers of these resources coupled with a unexpected increase in demand present multiple oppertunities for producers, traders, and speculators.

anybody want to sign up to my newsletter? :p

Signing up Master FallenAngel :yay:

Very good points in your post.

Baba

i don't think you will find there is less belker in the ground but rather in a certain somebody inventory i was buying up 1 ore in 70k ped chunks when you buy ores up that fast prices rise very fast dump your ores profit

i don't think you will find there is less belker in the ground but rather in a certain somebody inventory i was buying up 1 ore in 70k ped chunks when you buy ores up that fast prices rise very fast dump your ores profit

That is probably going to be considered price manipulation.

I enjoyed our Trade Advisers thread..
Subscribing.. Hope this one turns out better.. :D

Signing up Master FallenAngel :yay:

Very good points in your post.

Baba

ty :)
i enjoyed your trading thread a lot.

this could be true, i admit i dont really follow the auction that closely to notice players manipulating it, but i presume even if someone does buy huge quantities of a resource the price will only stay elevated if someone is actually using the resource.

I enjoyed our Trade Advisers thread..
Subscribing.. Hope this one turns out better.. :D

i'm sorry but there wont be any more market advice from me, i am not a expert in these matters and dont want to become one.
this was meant as a warning against all unsolicited advice from strangers, most people seem to have their own motivations for giving "free" investment advice, and helping you is probably very low on the list of reasons for giving advice.

my advice is to do your own research!

even my own "tip" is useless, by publishing it beforehand there is now very little chance of it being good advice, if "everyone" heads to arkadia to produce or trade resources to supply crafters then there will be no shortages or imbalances for people to capitalise on.
if you dont question my motives, or do your own research to see if what i say is true you are in danger of making poor choices.

so even if someone gives advice you have to judge for yourself if it makes sense to you, the point im trying to make is that there is no "free lunch", finding opportunities always involves doing ones own work.

Back