Question: Market price for Calypso shares

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
It would seem market is starting to put different price on these Calypso shares. I see some undercutting MA`s 1000ped price already. Where do you see price settling?

Do you think we`ll eventually see these shares auctioned by MA for less than 1k?

Well I can promise you 100% that as long as MA still have shares for sale at 1k peds you wont see any real mu increase above it :laugh:

As long as there are shares, price can only go down.

Hmm that may be someone who bought a stack of 10 shares but only wants 9 of them (enough for a house) and therefore sells the last one but knew it would be impossible (or next to it) as long as MA ones existed :dunno:

It will be impossible to determine a market value until all shares are sold and the market has stabilized

Do you think we`ll eventually see these shares auctioned by MA for less than 1k?

they said 1k, so i think they stick to that. it wont surprise me to see players sell under though until a bettr idea of returns and future possibility (and hence value) is clear.

Hmm that may be someone who bought a stack of 10 shares but only wants 9 of them (enough for a house) and therefore sells the last one but knew it would be impossible (or next to it) as long as MA ones existed

Yeah, I'd guess it is something like this in this case.

Will be fascinating to see where the market price heads further down the road though.

That should depend on the roi, the higher ped/month payment the higher the deed value. If it's 0ped/month for a while then people may get jittery and try to sell them. If enough try to sell then the price will surely drop as they compete for the people who are buying - if any.

MA may have to drop their price if they're trying to compete with their own players to sell them. Or they'll just stop selling them until the price rises.

As for people selling at 995, could it be the resellers trying to minimise loses?

buying landdeeds for 10 peds each ( and get 1000 peds back in three years, yeay)

Well as a baseline value MA have established the CLD value at 30% ROI for a revenue share of $1.8 milion or $34.6K per week.

Given a 12 month period, if Calypso achives a ROI of only 23% vs the original amounts (a real terms fall in player based revenue) than the CLD price can fall to 750 Ped and still meet a 30% ROI against this price for new buyers. In addition anyone who sold at that price would after adding their 52 weekly payouts recover 100% of their Ped (i.e 0% ROI for them in those 12 months).

The future CLD price will depend on what buyers want as an ROI for the assessed risk.

If MA have got it wrong and 30% is too low, i.e they should have only tried to raise $3 milion (30 K lots @ 1000Ped) for a 60% expected ROI then the you will see the CLD price drop to 500 Ped within a year for a $1.8 milion revenue share.

If they have overestimated the ROI and stable weekly revenue payouts atract buyers at 15% ROI then for the same $1.8 milion the CLD prices will rise to 2000 Ped.

Add to that weather you think Calypso CLD revenue share will rise or fall over the 12 months from $1.8 milion and you have your answer.

Last edited:
That should depend on the roi, the higher ped/month payment the higher the deed value. If it's 0ped/month for a while then people may get jittery and try to sell them. If enough try to sell then the price will surely drop as they compete for the people who are buying - if any.

MA may have to drop their price if they're trying to compete with their own players to sell them. Or they'll just stop selling them until the price rises.
omfg... the investment is based on the revenue generated by Calypso... so the day this gives 0PED/Month would be the day where noone plays Entropia Universe. :tongue2:
I would assume that MA will stick to the content of an offical announcement worth 6mil$ (if they aren't insane they will) thefore they are bound to sell the shares at 1kPED all the way.

At this point in time the lower shares ofc come from 10k purchases where only 9 are wanted. However if the ROI falls short below the promised 27% (not 30%) then I see some real pricedrops comming for the deeds.
Obviously this whole thread will be entirely useless untill the first payouts start. Then again I have a feeling that MA may be raising the ROI in the beginning with some events like 2x skillgain etc. So it will be useless untill we get a period of "normal" activity. I don't see that happen anytime soon though.

Obviously this whole thread will be entirely useless untill the first payouts start. Then again I have a feeling that MA may be raising the ROI in the beginning with some events like 2x skillgain etc. So it will be useless untill we get a period of "normal" activity. I don't see that happen anytime soon though.

The real test will be when we have more planets online. When planets like Arkadia have be build up a bit more and Cyrene is online more players will be tempted to leave Calypso and play there instead.

The real test will be when we have more planets online. When planets like Arkadia have be build up a bit more and Cyrene is online more players will be tempted to leave Calypso and play there instead.

Ah nah I don't see that as too much of a problem since 20% of the income still go to the planet the account was created at. Right now Calypso is in a HUGE advantage in that regard since from the total of accounts almost all originated there even though many of them may be inactive at the moment.

I think market price will be decided after the first payments happen ... then you will get an indication of the real ROI. Before that its only guessing ...

i agree

I think market price will be decided after the first payments happen ... then you will get an indication of the real ROI. Before that its only guessing ...

I agree the first payments are going to really effect the price of the deeds, but I don't think it's a really good prediction. I mean, we could have a few really good months over the winter, but it probably gets slower over the summer. Should be interesting at any rate.

...if the ROI falls short below the promised 27% (not 30%) then I see some real pricedrops comming for the deeds.

There was a PROMISED 27% ROI?!?!? :lolup:

Goodness, if there was, show me where you saw that... :cool:

Ah nah I don't see that as too much of a problem since 20% of the income still go to the planet the account was created at. Right now Calypso is in a HUGE advantage in that regard since from the total of accounts almost all originated there even though many of them may be inactive at the moment.

I thought it was 25% goes to the original planet you sign up on no matter where you play, 25% goes tot he planet you play on, and 50% goes to MA.

So even if all the current players leave calypso, but keep playing. The roi would still only be cut by half.

In last 12 months many things happened and for what I see Calypso had huge advantage on others planets but it could change in the future and Calypso playerbase could drop.

I bought some Deeds myself but since it's an old story from MA promising and than changing cards on the table, the price on these Deeds can't be extimated now, and maybe it's less risky to invest not all you got in this operation.

Today I would set market value few peds under 1k since players are still buying and selling at 1k costs 38 peds in fee.

So if someone is thinking to buy some have to consider that selling back for few months will mean to lose the fisrt 1-2 months incomes at MA "promised" ROI :)

I bought some Deeds myself but since it's an old story from MA promising and than changing cards on the table, the price on these Deeds can't be extimated now, and maybe it's less risky to invest not all you got in this operation.

Today I would set market value few peds under 1k since players are still buying and selling at 1k costs 38 peds in fee.

So if someone is thinking to buy some have to consider that selling back for few months will mean to lose the fisrt 1-2 months incomes at MA "promised" ROI :)

I am still not sure where all this promise stuff comes from.

I thought it was 25% goes to the original planet you sign up on no matter where you play, 25% goes tot he planet you play on, and 50% goes to MA.

So even if all the current players leave calypso, but keep playing. The roi would still only be cut by half.

I have never seen a post from MA or PP quantifying the amounts. The most specific detail I have seen is 50% of the "gross player revenue" going to MA.

Planet Calypso introduces a groundbreaking Citizenship System that includes Land Lot Deeds with an expected annual return on investment of up to 30%.

This is what MA "promised", if someone missed it it's in the homepage article title :)

You should have marked the "up to" more than the expected.

They promised nothing with that sentence.

I have marked exactly what I wanted to mark, in reply to KijkkiJikki

its been a while since i went to school, but i remember a few things about shares. One of them is the nominal value of the share itself. In the case of CLD the nominal value seems to be 0.01 peds and thats a good enough reason for me not to buy any of them.

its been a while since i went to school, but i remember a few things about shares. One of them is the nominal value of the share itself. In the case of CLD the nominal value seems to be 0.01 peds and thats a good enough reason for me not to buy any of them.

But you dont buy shares (which have fixed legal settings that may differ in various countrys) you only buy deeds which are mainly to explain and fix thoughts from MA of that "whole issue". But after they changed me from an "owner" to a "holder" right after i bought my first few i cant rely on that explanation, even i know before buying i cant never own anything here because of the EULA :(

Last edited:
Well as a baseline value MA have established the CLD value at 30% ROI for a revenue share of $1.8 milion or $34.6K per week.

Given a 12 month period, if Calypso achives a ROI of only 23% vs the original amounts (a real terms fall in player based revenue) than the CLD price can fall to 750 Ped and still meet a 30% ROI against this price for new buyers. In addition anyone who sold at that price would after adding their 52 weekly payouts recover 100% of their Ped (i.e 0% ROI for them in those 12 months).

The future CLD price will depend on what buyers want as an ROI for the assessed risk.

If MA have got it wrong and 30% is too low, i.e they should have only tried to raise $3 milion (30 K lots @ 1000Ped) for a 60% expected ROI then the you will see the CLD price drop to 500 Ped within a year for a $1.8 milion revenue share.

If they have overestimated the ROI and stable weekly revenue payouts atract buyers at 15% ROI then for the same $1.8 milion the CLD prices will rise to 2000 Ped.

Add to that weather you think Calypso CLD revenue share will rise or fall over the 12 months from $1.8 milion and you have your answer.

Uhm, no...
they have set the value at 1000 PED, and told us that, based on the results for a period prior to the announcement, it would come down to 27-ish percent.

We will, like someone said before, not see a real market price for quite a while.

The market price is higher than 1000 peds at the moment due to resellers simply picking up all the singles from global auction and reselling them on calypso auction.
The market price will settle between scarcity of the deeds and lack of ped by low stack owners.
low stack owners wanting to play but lacking ped will undercut the 1k barrier and sell for 900-990 ped. But these are singles being sold.
But the scarcity will win, simply because if all the shares sell, then 59k and a bit will be in the hands of players. Some players will have soo much income from them that they can use the income to buy up even more from other players. Stacks of 10 or more will be listed for 1050-1100 a piece and they will sell. So my prediction is that the price will go up and market price will be around 1030-1080.

Last edited:
i dont think they will drop alot in value ... maybe even go up

you can invest 150-200k in a landarea and get around the same tax/week as you get from 10-20 deeds.
so i think that once all deeds are sold prices will slowly go up a bit on the deeds when ppl find out the real income.
Even if the ROI is lower than promised it might still be better to own 10-20+ deeds than owning a LA unless it a good one.

and if the advertisements MA said they would use the ded money for goes well, then the deeds will surely go up and those who invested in them will get there money back faster.

Back