Question: MAs Profit and (L) weapons

Master Dave

Provider
Society
NBK Miners
Master Dave Master
This may sound a little silly and maybe im just not seeing something here but....

If Mindark only make money on "decay" wouldnt introdusing (L) items be cutting there own throat?

Since they cant be repaired and thus would give MA no income.

Umm, almost the WHOLE TT value of L items IS decay, thus income for MA.

Not sure when people started equating repair with decay, but i've seen this same question asked sooooo many times.

Decay is the decrease in tt value of an item when you use it. You pay a little "price of admission" each and every click.

Repair is the process of transferring value from your PED card to an item. Reloading your weapon with more EU ride tickets...

You know I've been confusing those two for a while.

I thought they were making their money from the repair terminal. LOL

it's just not decay they make money from, auction fees.. 1 years of auction fee income intead of a 1 time sell from a UL weapon.

well create L weapons cost money also because of the failed attempt to make them..... so ped going to MA. Loot a L items cost money in hunting, you pay armor and fap decay etcetc . When u sell L waepon in auction u still pay fees for them...... don t worry for MA mate, there is people that has studied in order to better gain money...from us .

(yesterday i saw a similar question in tv for Obama........)

It is a pretty old statement were they said that they take PART of the decay. I think it is nowadays called microtransactions.

Though i think MA probably also makes a lot money from the handling cost for depositing and withdrawing. Also with all the money on the bank they make some interest on that to.

Most likely is that the more people play the smaller they can make the microtransactions and in this way give a small economic impulse.

Cheers
Siam

it's just not decay they make money from, auction fees.. 1 years of auction fee income intead of a 1 time sell from a UL weapon.

Auction fees are "recycled back into the system". They don't go to MA.

It is a pretty old statement were they said that they take PART of the decay. I think it is nowadays called microtransactions.
Good point. MA got in on it before it was trendy. :D

Though i think MA probably also makes a lot money from the handling cost for depositing and withdrawing.

There aren't any handling fees for depositing. If you deposit by CC, you pay the fee the CC company charges; if you deposit by wire, you pay the wire fee the bank charges. In neither case is there anywhere for MA to draw direct profit, besides the obvious one of interest on the money you have deposited.

Simple answear.

YES they take money from the decay, not the repair.

What you need to remember is that almost everything is/does decay.
Even ammunition can be seen as decay, items that dissapear when reaching no condition.

It was stated when they first introduced L items that:
Some items when they reach 0 condition will be unusuable and some will dissapear.
Ammo/bombs/probes ETC can therefore be seen as L items that dissapear when used up.

When you use repair terminal, you're not spending any pec at all, you're just moving your peds from your card to your item. You can get them all back if you TT the item without loss (except for MU but this is determined by players).

OMG, microtransactions... now i totally understand how mind ark makes money. Now, somebody give Marco back his stapler so they can get the servers up and not burn down the office instead.

I thought he was responsible for checking for cover sheets on TPS reports.

There aren't any handling fees for depositing. If you deposit by CC, you pay the fee the CC company charges; if you deposit by wire, you pay the wire fee the bank charges. In neither case is there anywhere for MA to draw direct profit, besides the obvious one of interest on the money you have deposited.

My CC company charges 2.5% on all transaction of £1000 and less and 1.5% for more than that. This is obviously less than the depo fee....

My CC company charges 2.5% on all transaction of £1000 and less and 1.5% for more than that. This is obviously less than the depo fee....

Well, i haven't used a CC to deposit for at least three years, so i have no idea what the fee is now, but at the time i last did so, it was consistent with a CC cash forward charge, which i believe is what this is considered because it's not a purchase. I believe that's MA's stance on the fee, as well, but i'll leave it to any curious parties to search marco's last comment on the matter.

I do know that wiring the money is "free"--after you pay the bank the rather exorbitant fee that it charges for the transaction. For large deposits it's simply the only way to go...

MA makes there money on auc. fees, deposit fees, withdrall fees, and when you do some thing like hunting, crafting, mining ect. when you dont brake even from those but the good thing is you get skills from hunting, mining, crafting ect. you can sell later on

Master David Think A little Bit Of It.

(L) Weapons...hmm

Must Hunt Mobs to get them.... <---Decay of armor, current weapon decay,and fap)

Loooted them? Put on Auction...<--- Auction Fee (Higher The Markup on the weapon higher the fee)

More (L) Weapons More Auctions Getting In and out...<..Auction Fee

What more can I say..

(L) Most of it Higher Decay...

Got The Point?

Its All About of Rotationg Peds Faster... Faster Peds Faster Money To MA :)

Ma makes money from deposits....

Basically their buissiness model is not based on movement of peds inside EU, but on the pooling of deposited cash into their bank account.

In essence the micro transaction fees are small relative to the interests they get from our deposits.

They just want to make players do 2 things. Deposit cash and refrain from withdrawing cash, as long as this holds true for the majority of players it doesnt matter what happens to the opallo decay.

OMG people please! MA does NOT take the auction fee! It has been stated in this very thread already... :duh:

Maybe by typing it really big and shouting it at the people who still suffer from this misconception it will make an impact on them and cause them to remember from now on that:MA DOES NOT TAKE THE AUCTION FEES!

Well actually, the (L) market is a way of MA to make players more effective at a low level paying a fee without getting so much skills.
On the old times to use any gun WELL you needed a shitload of skills, like you do now, which cost a lot.
Now you also need but you have the (L) market, so you pay for effeciency BUT you dont get as much skills.
So its a good trick of MA ;)
MA does takes fee by what I see...otherwise why shouldnt I sell 100 ped Adrenal Oil @ 100.5% on auction? :scratch2:
Where MA gets more Peds is from the players bad choises, like throwing huge % ammount which you payed to be more effecient without needing to be, so you are "over-eficient" and you dont get the exchange.
Also, MA DOESNT makes money when people deposit, by what I was informed MA only gets a fee from the withdraws people make

Well actually, the (L) market is a way of MA to make players more effective at a low level paying a fee without getting so much skills.

Lol :D So how do you think were doing the newbies (under lvl 70 that is) before the SIB systems was introduced? Them were loosing all day because didn't had weapons maximized huh? :laugh:

Last edited:
This may sound a little silly and maybe im just not seeing something here but....

If Mindark only make money on "decay" wouldnt introdusing (L) items be cutting there own throat?

Since they cant be repaired and thus would give MA no income.

This question is old as (L) was introduced :D

Beside the (L) gear help you skill a bit faster no one say you must use those.

Im glad to have all my gear unlimited, but sometimes a (L) gear is more efective for skilling and loot, since the TT+ is mostly lower than the cost to craft them or buy an unlimited for short time use.:)

Is it ...:scratch2:

if your worried about ma, DONT. they get there money look at there quarterly statements, as it is public, since MindArk is traded publicaly, and of course an amount of that comes from EU. you will find that amount. i remember seeing the amount back in march thinking low 6 digits after upkeep and overhead may be wrong(only looked it up cause was afraid to invest in something with MU that could disappear tomorrow). As far as the other stuff mentioned above who knows EU is dynamic remember so maybe auction fees dont go to ma goes to "Their" bills, one of those things they dont get so they write off as not oficially obtaining it.

This was discussed over and over again. Il repeat for the 1000th time:

1) They take some decay
2) They dont take all decay (otherwise amped mining, melee hunting would produce no result, constant no loot / small deposits)
3) They dont take only decay (plz someone convince me that they return 100% back on crafting)

Conclusion:

THEY TAKE SOME OF EVERYTHING YET THEIR PR HAD TO SAY SOMETHING EVEN THO IT MAY BE BULLSHIT.

They only certain point they have when they say that is with decay of passive elements such as armors and FAPs where you most certainly will not receive compensation for using.

I.

Imho and to make it simple, as long as you don't withdraw, all your deposited irl money can be considered as decay and so profit for Mindark. :p

Tbh, I have nothing wrong with it.

actually when (L) items with high decay started appearing the question was brought up and MA said it now is a small portion of decay that goes to their profits, to make for a similar small % as it was in the past before (L). i have no idea about armor/fap decay. most (L) guns use more decay, and less ammo, but still do more damage than they should for such a small amount of ammo, therefor the decay mostly is just "ammo in the form of gun tt" this is why %s are so drastic on.. say .. blp rifles (L) compared to laser handguns (L) but the dmg/pec remains mostly the same (until you get into the more powerful (L) guns that people sacrifice eco for power on... but then there's magical awesome looting regen mobs.. that imo make up for it :D

Back