MA's Response to LG 2006

Roth said:
actually, i think this was a horrible call, giving them away for free with no fighting whatsoever. And what about all other bugs that affect players during LG just as much as not beeing able to claim? no, as we have all seen so many other bugs that never gets compensated then i think this is a way to good compensation!

really really bad call MA :mad:

I agree with you 100%. All I have talked to in Warants would rather fight for the remaining 6 LAs (Bug free please!) than to be given them in some random order.

Zefram said:
Someone mentioned it in his thread that they had an inner soc. competition who would get the claimer first and there were like 30 peeps trying to get the marker at once.

I also agree with you, and that was me who said that. Wasnt 30 people, was maybe 4-6 pressing claim as fast as we could. Didnt think claiming fast would be a bad thing :laugh:

it's really unbelievable, ive been watching these threads about LG, and heard so many people complain
now for the first time in a whole long while, MA has actually returned something to the people that were affected by this 'bug' altough it wasnt even really their fault... (and pls stop saying that they're allowing ac's, they arent... im sure they're trying...)
they could have easily said: it's the autoclickers fault, not our problem, and the stuff they usually say
now they knew it was bad, so they did something, and from my perspective it's alot :eek:

so please stop complaining about MA being bad and all... because this once they did something good (extraordinary anyway, it's not what they usually do, and im sure some ppl don't agree) but hey, they did SOMETHING, so be glad :D

Did the affected soc use the autoclickers?

One thing that i dont understand is the fact that if the socs who won the LG this time were using autoclickers why were they allowed to keep it? It is in breach of the rules!

Unless they didnt use them and the affected socs who were "robbed" were using them and that caused the problems. In which case they don't deserve the land.

I have got to say MA's response was fair to the Societies but their technical excuse for the problems doesnt hold water to me...

PE is starting to show the strain MA - please fix it.

oh well...

Zefram said:
Someone mentioned it in his thread that they had an inner soc. competition who would get the claimer first and there were like 30 peeps trying to get the marker at once.

yea i remember seein that thread, i belive it was shaolin maybe, might be wrong

nice choice MA :)

I have to ask myself, what good would an auto clicker do me if I was in a LG?

I can only come up with one senerio...to be at the claim before the contest began, autoclicking the claim so my Soc would be the first to claim it....also makes sense since it was over 50times per SECOND. Also makes since as per the global that happened just before the LG started, the team was named something like "ACs at LG before start" ...not even close to the name, but those who saw it knew what was going on.

so now I have to ask myself, considering it is PVP and a LG, who is going to be allowed to hang around a LG marker just before the LG starts.? As mentioned, these LG markers were being defended by Soc's hours before the LG even started.

So that should give a pretty good idea who was standing next to the Markers with an autoclickers on....it certianly wasnt some low level player standing next to a Marker hoping to be the first to claim a LG first when it started...that player would of been shot dead as soon as he/she entered the radar.

Moral of the story is quite obvious (to me). :rolleyes:

Nice work MA :). Finaly you are taking some resposibility for your actions acctualy showing you care about the players :). Of course these aare mainly ubers but hell who knows if this keeps up you might even start seeing us 200 dollar a month depositers :)

Well, MA, there is one way we can determine whether it was people exploiting ACs or whether your software simply can't handle the load and this is a fake excuse:

Ban the cluprits, instead of letting them keep their ill gotten gain (land). You say you got the logs to prove it.... prove it.... publicly release the names, and ban them. Take their land and give it to those affected.....don't give away land that should be fought over (or are you trying to stop this event early because it is so screwed up?).

Using an autoclicker at a normal rate, to save stress on the hand and wrist is one thing... I got no problem with that.... I even don't have much of a problem with someone using it so they can attend to other matters (unattended), as clicking a button for hours is not much of a 'game'.

But using an autoclicker to cause lag, and effect the play experience of others is entirely different. It amounts to no less than an exploit... and not one that just effects your finances... it effected the finances of many in the community. As the community is also an offended party, they should get some gratification. Don't you state publically that exploiters will be banned?

Expose these cheaters! Ban them! Take away their land! If you don't, we are forced to conclude that you are just lieing to the community in order to cover for some failure on your part. I suggest it is better to come clean now, if so.

Am I the only one seeing this from the other side here?... I know DK got 2 LA's already and were not greedy, but why are we (and other societies BAHQ for instance) that were gonna try for land in 3rd phase robbed of that chance after doing nothing wrong?...
Why arent the societies that had members that used AC (if that is the case i know nada about if that could lag servers out or not? ) Stripped of their land and have it given to the societies that got "jipped"? Or as another solution the individuals that "did wrong" locked and the lands that were obtained "wrongfully" or whatever put up for 3rd round alongside the remaining areas to avoid individuals screwing it up for whole of their society?
Im happy the societies that got the raw deal gets land and they would prolly have gotten some if all had happened the way it was supposed to regardless ;)
I also know this is a difficult situation for MA and that theyre probably trying to "do as right as they can given rather hard options"..
But, and i repeat, why are the ones that did play fair getting shafted?

Any idea what happens to the auto clickers? Do they get a warning or even get banned?

So everyone that ever posted a HoF with peASS in the screenshot has to be scared too? It's against the EULA as MA mentioned to use such addons etc.

Just wondering if MA takes any actions or if they just ignore such a violation ;)

Im sorry but this doesnt make any sence.

First they claim ac is the reason for the issues, wich means its players fault that lands wherent unclaimable

so, why compensate for something MA wasnt responible for???

Because if this was truth you would get a answer like...

MA can not take responsibility for other participants eula breaking and therefore we can not compensate for somehting that was sabotaged by other participants, this all you agreed by accepting eula and paragraph #??(wichever) and bla bla

So again, im sorry but i dont believe that ac was the reason to the issues

it would be easy to seperate normal AC use from others... a log of a click once every 3-5 seconds is humanly possible.

50 every second is not humanly possible...and clear evidence of using 3rd partyware to exploit the system (which should have been designed to stop such flooding).

So no compensation to RoC who held their claim and then the TP chip bug hit them? (which was supposed to be fixed in the mini VU before LG) They would have been back to fight if that bug was not there. Do they get anything?

Optima said:
Am I the only one seeing this from the other side here?... I know DK got 2 LA's already and were not greedy, but why are we (and other societies BAHQ for instance) that were gonna try for land in 3rd phase robbed of that chance after doing nothing wrong?...
Why arent the societies that had members that used AC (if that is the case i know nada about if that could lag servers out or not? ) Stripped of their land and have it given to the societies that got "jipped"? Or as another solution the individuals that "did wrong" locked and the lands that were obtained "wrongfully" or whatever put up for 3rd round alongside the remaining areas to avoid individuals screwing it up for whole of their society?
Im happy the societies that got the raw deal gets land and they would prolly have gotten some if all had happened the way it was supposed to regardless ;)
I also know this is a difficult situation for MA and that theyre probably trying to "do as right as they can given rather hard options"..
But, and i repeat, why are the ones that did play fair getting shafted?

well said oh Mighty Dane :D

Fade said:
it would be easy to seperate normal AC use from others... a log of a click once every 3-5 seconds is humanly possible.

50 every second is not humanly possible...and clear evidence of using 3rd partyware to exploit the system (which should have been designed to stop such flooding).

Autoclickers doesnt exist just like yesterday and if thats really the reason for the mess with the last 2 LG´s, then why didn´t it happen the first few land grabs ???

I just want to mention that I am happy that MA compensates the socs that had the problems with the claimer, but their excuse on that is like always. "Its not our fault, its never, it was something else, we searched very carefully and it was the autoclickers"... :rolleyes: - thats lame for a company with such an unique game....

Zefram said:
Either they have access to our computers checking what programs are running in the background or ....

yes, one should assume they have access and know if (at least some) third party programs are being run...this has been demonatrated on many occations. At the very least they have to protect the system from .exe (external) bots.
I use to assist with security in another popular FPS game, we ran a more personally customized cheat protection than most, the moment you signed onto one of our servers I could tell you a lot about your system, your hardware, and even the name you personally chose to give your computer.

I often run a screenshot program when I play. If I CTD, I get the familiar "PE did not shut down normally....send this info to MA" box. If I have my srceenshot program running when it CTD it then pops up a 2nd window "additional info is detected, send this info also" type box. If the SS program wasnt running at the time, I only get the 1 box of info to send.

so that story is ...
we all use cliker just since this LG , but no one used before ?
just this LG , that create problem for cK only in phase 1, so they was the only one the cheat in phase 1.
but in phase 2 , 4 other soc cheat , because it was such a good success from cK in phase , we all copy it.

i say BS !!!!!

there probably soc that use AC since the first LG.
but why , warants and CC (and maybe other dunno) that was alone at their claim , would need to use a AC ...

what is the point in the end ...

all good for MA.

1)they are not faulty for nothing ... so no need excuse or anything , as usual MA is perfect.
2) since they give a land , no need to compassate in a good manner , but that mean a land is a land ... but evryone know , there a big diference depending on TP mobs ...
3) thats the best , MA dont need to fix the bug in ruch , since they wont make phase 3...they got 1 year to fix a bug , rolf ....

Amanda. said:
Im sorry but this doesnt make any sence.

First they claim ac is the reason for the issues, wich means its players fault that lands wherent unclaimable

so, why compensate for something MA wasnt responible for???

Because if this was truth you would get a answer like...

MA can not take responsibility for other participants eula breaking and therefore we can not compensate for somehting that was sabotaged by other participants, this all you agreed by accepting eula and paragraph #??(wichever) and bla bla

MA compensates the top socities because they threat MA to leave PE if they don't get any compensation. Do you need any more reason? I didn't expect Land as the compensation though :) They have to add a few more continents now to compensate the rest of us too ;)

Way to pass the buck MA

Nitrosomonas said:
it's really unbelievable, ive been watching these threads about LG, and heard so many people complain
now for the first time in a whole long while, MA has actually returned something to the people that were affected by this 'bug' altough it wasnt even really their fault... (and pls stop saying that they're allowing ac's, they arent... im sure they're trying...)
they could have easily said: it's the autoclickers fault, not our problem, and the stuff they usually say
now they knew it was bad, so they did something, and from my perspective it's alot :eek:

so please stop complaining about MA being bad and all... because this once they did something good (extraordinary anyway, it's not what they usually do, and im sure some ppl don't agree) but hey, they did SOMETHING, so be glad :D

Problem is, MA is a biased company.

There have been many, many people who have lost money due to MA's poorly written code, but they have never been compensated.

But to blame this on autoclickers and lag? ROFL nice try dodging the blame that your company chooses to spend nothing on hardware to host your "game". There are ppl who use autoclickers all the time to craft, yet this doesn't generate compensation for others in PE who might suffer from the resulting lag. MA should have know and expected a large increase of players on a certain server, and allocated resources accordingly.MA is suffering from what every other mmorpg goes through at one point or another, griefers and cheaters, looking for the easy ride.

This is just another example of MA's detatchment from their playerbase, their blatant favoritism and obvious desperation to keep certain societies involved with PE.

Wonder how much money MA makes from the societies they chose to give land areas to? Can we see those numbers MA? Since you are a fair, open company and all; we your players would like to know.

Last edited:
very interesting answer from ma

personaly if there is a problem i have a lot more respect for ppl who stand up to that problem and admit it, generally ppl will symathise and understand

but i dunno about this

first phase of LG was delayed due to ""technical problems" but this was changed to read "delayed due to the introduction of a VU" very quickly, c'mon peeps, thats not true would u really issue a vu a hour AFTER the event starts??

if this was not changed from "technical problems" then i would feel happier, as it would not look like we have been decieved

i dont see that as being honest with us, if it was delayed to a vu, then surly the event should not have run for a hour at this point

if the vu was to solve the problems, then tell us that, not make it sound like this was all preplanned

and from the wednesday to the saterday noone at ma said a thing

2nd phase, well we all know how that turned out :/

and now after nearly 48 hours we hear the ac excuse, i reaally dunno if this is accurate or whether this is another "preplanned vu" style excuse

nice to know that the "compensation" is actually robbing us all of the chance to compete in the third phase of LG, but seeing how it has gone down so far, its prolly a lot easier for MA to give the la's away rather than have another farce like we have seen :/

What i think happened

Amanda. said:

I think Autoclickers were the problem but i think it backfired on the soc's using them and they ended up with no land. So the socs complain threaten to quit etc which leaves MA in a horrible situation. Does it say tough luck to the cheaters or keep them happy.

Well its done both its given them land from the next LG and issued a warning saying that next LG the autoclickers arent allowed. If this is the case the cheating socs got off lightly!

Lets be honest if the socs that won the land this time round had done so by cheating with autoclickers they would be stripped of them but they weren't!

Fade has in part said what i wanted to say + rep fade

MA has finaly and explicity stated that auto clickers are against the EULA.

So all you afk scanners and crafters are breaking the EULA.

You can face a ban or lock for this.

The effect on the game that the use of auto clickers in this situation is massive.

MA must take action and publicly against the people involved.

Failure to do so will render MA impotent for the future, especially if they shy away from taking action as the person/people invoilved are big depositors.

No matter what MA do in this situatation they cannot get it right. The damage is done, but at least MA are trying to sort something out.

You cannot take a socs land away from it because of the action of 1 or 2 members.

by giving land to socs who MA has dicieded would otherwise have won land, stops other socs fighting for land.
---

MA has to take some responsibility as their programming has lead to this kind of abuse being possible.

MA's refuasal to state in the past the Ac's are banned and their refusal to do anything about people using ac's has also contributed to this situation.

I think the absolute minimum action MA can take against the culprits is to Name and Shame.

If some of thesocs now getting land have the ac's cheaters in them , then i think that person should not get any of the tax from that land.

Personaly i would prefere Name and shame and a 1 week to 1 month lock.

I think a ban in this case is too much as the use of auto clickers has been, as i understand it , a grey area.

Last edited:
Fade said:
Well, MA, there is one way we can determine whether it was people exploiting ACs or whether your software simply can't handle the load and this is a fake excuse:

Ban the cluprits, instead of letting them keep their ill gotten gain (land). You say you got the logs to prove it.... prove it.... publicly release the names, and ban them. Take their land and give it to those affected.....don't give away land that should be fought over (or are you trying to stop this event early because it is so screwed up?).

Using an autoclicker at a normal rate, to save stress on the hand and wrist is one thing... I got no problem with that.... I even don't have much of a problem with someone using it so they can attend to other matters (unattended), as clicking a button for hours is not much of a 'game'.

But using an autoclicker to cause lag, and effect the play experience of others is entirely different. It amounts to no less than an exploit... and not one that just effects your finances... it effected the finances of many in the community. As the community is also an offended party, they should get some gratification. Don't you state publically that exploiters will be banned?

Expose these cheaters! Ban them! Take away their land! If you don't, we are forced to conclude that you are just lieing to the community in order to cover for some failure on your part. I suggest it is better to come clean now, if so.

I agree totaly with you, ban them all. Take away the land and so on...

Instead MA maybe should biuld in an AC we can use in mining, with the risk to get killed by mobs coming up. Also in manufactoring, same here, an AC that can work for us in some kind of pattern... Maybe there is other place to where it could be useful? I dont know and give a shit for it to :) Never use it and will never use AC, its sheating in my eyes.

Rapido
~You're Not Alone~

The cK society were affected during phase one as well, and have therefore been awarded two Land Grab areas.

The cK society was affected during phase one as well, and has therefore been awarded two Land Grab areas.

;)

Zefram said:
LOL, to blame this on Autoclickers is just incredibly lame.
I mean based on the logs and the rate of clicking the claimer per second they assume people are using autoclickers in an LG ??! Either they have access to our computers checking what programs are running in the background or this is the laziest and stupidiest excuse for the own disability to fix bugs I have ever heard.
I guess autoclickers just exist since 22th maybe 21th of February 2006 so people couldnt use them on before and make all the LG´s before a mess too.

Of course its always the particpant who is responsible for something like that and it must been an autoclicker, it cannot be that just 30-40 people around the claim clicking the claimer like mad to get it first huh ?! Someone mentioned it in his thread that they had an inner soc. competition who would get the claimer first and there were like 30 peeps trying to get the marker at once.

Well I guess they were blatantly wrong with this. It was only one or two of them the other attempts were all made by one or two others with autoclickers :rolleyes:

Such a lame excuse and some people are really believing this :eek: unbelieveable.
Nobody believe this lame excuse, but some try to keep PE running a lil bit more ,so they can sell all ;)

Stryker said:
The cK society was affected during phase one as well, and has therefore been awarded two Land Grab areas.

;)

Society represents a plural (more than one person), therefore "have" is correct. ;)

edit, actually same for "were"

but could be wrong, English class was many many many moons ago :)

Back