Question: Maybe some of this?

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire

No, I don't mean chaining people. Or "almost no glitches" releases.

It just seems that the missions are by and large all very linear, and there is not much structure or parts where you have to use your brain. Not even any where you have to answer several npc-s answers conssitently about something? Surely we could do with some improvements?

I would love to see more complicated quests in Entropia (and as on the above picutre mixed with some actual knowledge based on cryptography and history and other knowledge).

There are games that actually have this piece of qusting an even more- talks with npcs are like old time games where you have to comunicate with them using words and sentences - the npc reacts on th words or talks that "he/she has no knowledge on what you are talkign about" if you use something he/she is not familiar with.

So nothing like:
NPC: "Bla bla bla bla...
You:
1) ---
2) ---
3) ---
If (1) NPC kills you
If (2) NPC gives you 1milion ped
If (3) NPC dialog continues

But more like:
you come and see npc:
You: "Hello"
NPC: "Hello, my name is Bob, i tell you those wolfs are gonna ruin our village... <mumbles>
You: "Wolfs?"
NPC: "Aeeeh... <spits>... if not the kings will not to hunt them i would handle them myself! Damn creatures!"
You: "Help"
NPC: "I am not sure if youngster like you could help but... oh well i guess you could try and go and talk with damn ruler of this land."
<quest log updated>
You: "King"
NPC: "Dont even mention that good for nothing King Richard in my house! Or i will have to kick you out."
You: "Richard"
NPC: "I have warned you! Stop it!"
You: "King"
<you get hit for 20dmg and get kicked out of Bobs house and can't enter for 1 hour>

NPC reacts on many other words i.e. names of other vilages, wolf realted topics, mayby on some secret words you need to find out somewhere else (i.e. from hidden script or from other npc).

Soudns fun isn't it? :) And yes - games like that do exist already.

Problem with them is:
first solved and put on wiki - everyone just do the quest in "rush" way not enjoying it fully. So to pass this there would have to be some randomnes generated too (i.e. not all quests are avaible for everyone or for there are many different solutions for each person and not every possibilities are avaible for everyone.)

@edit:
some quests in those games are really complicated and not fully discovered yet (because i.e. there is wierd language involved) even though games exist quite long and many plaers tried to solve the puzzles.

Falagor
:bandit:

the thing had this quest to turn some electricity back on.. where you had to connect the right wires. which had to be done in a certain way, otherwise it would reset and you would have to startover again.
the icarus quest copied that exact quest, but took all the puzzling out because if you connect them from top to bottom it's correct.

A quest could get more depth if there is more to search for..

Npc: I need you to find the bloke who took the golden arch.
Where is he?
NPc: I don't know, he was last seen at the oil rig

the actual npc is not static but moves around with every version update, so at first he can be found at minopolis, and in another vu he's at nymphtown.

I would love to see more complicated quests in Entropia (and as on the above picutre mixed with some actual knowledge based on cryptography and history and other knowledge).

It could even be in game knowledge. Not many people appear to have figured out where the name of the MarCorp Kallous series of guns comes from or in which item's description it is covered. I'm not saying this should be an overriding theme for missions or being used for all mission, but having it in some missions would be good.

Problem with them is:
first solved and put on wiki - everyone just do the quest in "rush" way not enjoying it fully. So to pass this there would have to be some randomnes generated too (i.e. not all quests are avaible for everyone or for there are many different solutions for each person and not every possibilities are avaible for everyone.)

I don't think its bad if it ends up on Wiki in the end, people always have the option of not using the wiki. But even if we take say the Feffoid cave - the Feffoids always stand in the same place, as is the crystal. Simply having a bunch of different layouts for the spawn points would make such a simple boring daily quest better.

But this is really a somewhat different issue - we should have quite a bit more of Choose Your Own Adventure in the missions. There is only very little of this in the Mr Lyndon story line, and that is pretty much it.

Back