Mayhem Mission Bug Update 2

Pioneer|SDS

Provider
Update of update:

Testing is complete and the fix works. Now it's just the matter of getting it live.

When that happens you have two options:

1) Just continue. First talk to Carl Tucker again, and you will be moved to the correct category. Then you just continue from where you were. Online time will count from Dec 26th 00:00 UTC.

2) Start over. You abandon the mission. Then you get the mission again, and start with a clean slate. If you get the mission at some point after Monday Dec 27th 11:00 UTC, your online time will count from Dec 27th 11:00.

In both cases, the end of the event has been extended to Dec 31st 23:59.

Again, I apologize for the situation.

Yay. And nice to have two options. Approx how long till the fix is live? Will there be an outage?

Regards,
KikkiJikki

What about the event end time for those without the bug in cat 1

Also what about the event end time for other categories with no bug?

Update of update:

Testing is complete and the fix works. Now it's just the matter of getting it live.

When that happens you have two options:

1) Just continue. First talk to Carl Tucker again, and you will be moved to the correct category. Then you just continue from where you were. Online time will count from Dec 26th 00:00 UTC.

2) Start over. You abandon the mission. Then you get the mission again, and start with a clean slate. If you get the mission at some point after Monday Dec 27th 11:00 UTC, your online time will count from Dec 27th 11:00.

In both cases, the end of the event has been extended to Dec 31st 23:59.

Again, I apologize for the situation.

Yay! Now that's what I'm talking about! Well done with a fix that most people will actually approve of.

Thanks for the clarification Pioneer

Does this mean all categories 1-4 in MM can be started from scratch?

/Arwen

Does this mean all categories 1-4 in MM can be started from scratch?

/Arwen

All categories were technically affected by the glitch, though category four obviously didn't suffer since the glitch bumped them up to their own category, lol. So certainly anyone in 1-3 will be able to and I imagine 4 would as well.

if everything was fine and functioning properly for me do I just continue as before the update or do I have to see carl as well?

if everything was fine and functioning properly for me do I just continue as before the update or do I have to see carl as well?

What i can see from the first post under 1) Just continue you have to visit "Carl" again.

/Arwen

What i can see from the first post under 1) Just continue you have to visit "Carl" again.

/Arwen

man what a pain in the ass, means I gotta tp all the way back to a teleporter to go to PA and see Carl and waste more of my 30hours for a bug that hasn't been affecting me at all.

So just to make sure because i have not seen it answered yet.

Do cat4 players also need to return to Carl?

We now have for all 4 categories 30 hours between 26th 00:00 and 31th 23:59?

Please confirm!

Otherwise some people might go overtime assuming that for cat4 for instance it still ends 30th 23:59.

Cheers
Siam

Because we are in the right category I dont think we need to visit Carl.
If I have my score intact and shoot one mob and see the score increase Im continuing without going to Carl.

Edit: Im slow :D (thx Pioneer)

We now have for all 4 categories 30 hours between 26th 00:00 and 31th 23:59?

The entire event has been extended to Dec 31st 23:59, regardless of your category or whether you were affected by the issue or not.

NOTE: After the restart, the mission says that it ends Dec 30th 23:59. This is wrong: it ends Dec 31st 23:59. The reason is that any changes to text requires a client patch, and we couldn't do a patch this time. So no matter what the mission says, and no matter your category, and no matter if you were affected or not, the event ends Dec 31st 23:59.

But what happens in the event of some unique and unlikely series of circumstances? My cat fell off the table, does the event still end late for me? :laugh:

The entire event has been extended to Dec 31st 23:59, regardless of your category or whether you were affected by the issue or not.

NOTE: After the restart, the mission says that it ends Dec 30th 23:59. This is wrong: it ends Dec 31st 23:59. The reason is that any changes to text requires a client patch, and we couldn't do a patch this time. So no matter what the mission says, and no matter your category, and no matter if you were affected or not, the event ends Dec 31st 23:59.

Thanks for the clarification, very much appreciated.

Can you remove some of the text form the mission window?

Because there's too much text there, when I get a kill point it always scrolls up. It's kinda frustrating not being able to see the total kill points real life because the damn window automatically scrolls up every time.

I love this honesty. Keep it up.

Thx for the clarification.

I love the way you communicate. You are setting an excellent example.

Cheers
Siam

nice we can finally start the massacre :)

pls increase the respawn rate a little, they can't handle two teams on one spawn.

Well done FPC... this is how to deal with bugs. Problem solved, options offered, and good communication. Recipe for success, keep it up.

"well done".. is communicating inside the hour of happening and fixing within a few hours not days..well done is testing nd not having bugs... its fixed.. but no help to people with jobs and schedules. Its fixed but it is surely anything but "well done"

So basicly for those NOT competing it is now best to stay away till after the first of the year.

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck and many hof's to all in this event. Happy Holidays and hopefuly a Happy New Year!

"well done".. is communicating inside the hour of happening and fixing within a few hours not days..well done is testing nd not having bugs... its fixed.. but no help to people with jobs and schedules. Its fixed but it is surely anything but "well done"

Well, when one of those days happens to be Christmas, followed by a sunday, I'm prepared to be a little more tolerant. I guess some of us live in a more demanding world. Personally I find the response to be far better than history has led us to expect, so I'm very happy to voice some encouragement for the improvement.

Just curious but I decided not to pick up the quest till I was ready to start and was waiting for the bug to get fixed so does my online count from even before I had the quest?

Just curious but I decided not to pick up the quest till I was ready to start and was waiting for the bug to get fixed so does my online count from even before I had the quest?

if you're online between start time and end time it counts, no if, buts or maybes

Back