Medium amps and Rare Ores

FilthyMcNasty

Stalker
Society
NBK Army & Senior NBK Council Member
Filthy FilthyMcNasty Depswa
I didn't know this was still possible.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So apparently you can still find the rarer rares on 105 amps. I've found Vesperdite, quantium, and zand on the 105. But nothing like, Ruga, Tride or redulite, much less Meganite.

Yep i always thought mag was in the same boat as ruga and trid, oh well looks like it is not ;)

Rgds

Ace

I dunno where that is coming from, but I got lots of rares up to oa103.

If you look on the screenshot, this was found on the OA-105. The point was, the super rares like Meganite, Tridenite, Xeremite, ETC ETC, I do not ever recall finding on medium sized amps. In VU 9.4 I found 2 claims of Xeremite on the OA-104 but those were both size V. This claim, again as pictured in the screen, was a VII Meganite.\

I did manage to find a IX Rugaritz on the TK-120/OA-104 combo.

If you look on the screenshot, this was found on the OA-105. The point was, the super rares like Meganite, Tridenite, Xeremite, ETC ETC, I do not ever recall finding on medium sized amps. In VU 9.4 I found 2 claims of Xeremite on the OA-104 but those were both size V. This claim, again as pictured in the screen, was a VII Meganite.\

I did manage to find a IX Rugaritz on the TK-120/OA-104 combo.

you won't have this happen too often, but it happens more often when amping small or using no amp.

Right, usually when my goal is rares I use no higher than a 102. This time I was using 105 running for a soc mate and just got lucky actually. :silly2:

Nice find. BTW, screen was tough to see clearly, but I saw an app running called ClaimTracker. Is that part of one of the EU helper apps or custom??

Nice find. BTW, screen was tough to see clearly, but I saw an app running called ClaimTracker. Is that part of one of the EU helper apps or custom??

No, that is an app developed by a very good IRL friend of mine for use by the NBK Community. It is probably going to be released to the general community in time. It consists of an inventory tracker, trade tracker, mining logger with interactive map. You can check the site and see what it is about, but at this time, we have the download feature turned off as well as registration. Currently as of now, the only way to get a download link for it is from me and the only way that will happen is if you are a member in good standing/reputation inside the NBK.

Last edited:
Almost-on-topic: does amping even affect the odd Blood Moss claim? :scratch2:

Almost-on-topic: does amping even affect the odd Blood Moss claim? :scratch2:

Depends. If the claim is a single unit, then the 101's will not affect it. 101's will raise the claim by 30%, therefore, 1.30 does not round up to 2. On single unit claims, only the 102 or higher will affect them.

I didn't know this was still possible.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So apparently you can still find the rarer rares on 105 amps. I've found Vesperdite, quantium, and zand on the 105. But nothing like, Ruga, Tride or redulite, much less Meganite.

Nice find, but what the heck is wrong with your screenies? Half of it is blank white and the interesting part is so small it's hardly readable... :scratch2:

Depends. If the claim is a single unit, then the 101's will not affect it. 101's will raise the claim by 30%, therefore, 1.30 does not round up to 2. On single unit claims, only the 102 or higher will affect them.

Uh.. 101s raise the claim size by 50%..

Blood moss is a low tt enmat.. if you would have normally gotten 6 of them (54 pec), you would end up getting 9 (81 pec)

Ive been massively bombing amathera the past 2 days with OA104, and Z25 tier 10, depth enchancers up to tier 7.

And I can confirm following hits:

Zanderium (got a XII in OLA 57), Vasperdit in chomper LA, Valurite all over the place, Kirtz close to atrax beach, Morpheus in pvp4, Adomasit, East of New Switzerland, pvp 4. and VII and VIII himi in pvp4

So the amp didnt actually block those finds :)

could be something to do with the depth enhancers ? maybe past 1000m your chance to find larger claims of rares ? or at least amp able claims of rares > it would make valid logic for some of the big finders that naturally hit 1000m to be enhanced :)

I was using tier 5 depth enhancers up to last week. Running unamped all the way to 105. It doesn't seem like depth increases your rares, just the claim size. At deeper depths, it's common for me to see VIII redulite, (seen up to XI) and VII meganite and ruga. At shallow depths (850-1000) I'm seeing the same ores, but III-V. Even at solfais unamped on a 500 bomb run, it's normal to see XII Zand once or twice.

I should do a 109 test at Shinook and see if ruga and redulite still global :)

Back