Medusa --- It stinks !!

What was irregular? Just wild speculation on your part I'm assuming.

Look at almost every other major auction in recent history.. The major players that actually have this kind of cash to throw around are always ND, Deathifier, Qetesh, Neomaven and Star.

ND - Has 2 planets of his own now.. sold out all his calypso assets.
Neomaven - Seemingly dead.
Deathifier - Has invested in an upcoming planet.

This only leaves Star.. I'm not quite sure why Star didn't bid but I assume he just realized Qetesh and his investors had more cash and there was no point in fighting a bidding war he would ultimately lose.

Other than that, the economy both in game and irl are at all time lows. Who wants to invest hudreds of thousands of real dollars in a video game any more?

lol who the f ever did

bout time some of the nonsense prices in this game got more realistic, 10 year roi models on video game assests, lol just lol

Reactions: Mac
as we know all money paid to MA is sunk, so why pay something at all?

so,
if I were one of those TYCOONs with respective contacts I would definitely do this way [if there is enough trust between the players]:

1. Arrange an auction offgame with the participation of all the possible bidders. Definitely, someone would win with certain amount;
2. Then we would define someone, who would bid just in order to win the auc ingame
3. The winner would "trade" the saved difference for the shares in "business"
4. We would just arrange a small "corporation" with each of the TYCOONs with respective shares

thats easy to do if there is enough trust ...

300k peds for Meduas ... Won by Qetesh, a.k.a. Akoz, a.k.a. Qetesh ?

Am I the only one here thinking that this is anything BUT real. I would really like some MA officials checking this and potentially locking BOTH his accounts if the Medusa auction has been anything but legit.

Sorry, but no way in hell is Medusa worth 300k with that many LA's, mobs or no mobs ...

So, anyone brave enough to speak up here about irregularities, or have I just missed the best buy of my life?

User Name

Dont worry, there will be so many new LAs for much less - that aynone can buy on each existent or upcoming planets.
All who want play investor will have ocasion to buy but LAs will be worth nothing without vicitms to hunt or mine there.
So is not in buying LA that you win but in hard work to bring hunters and miners there.

Sumima poop! I think the stink comes from the Sumima poop! What are they feeding them anyway? Remember, we put fertilizer into the fertilizing stations. With other words all what the Sumimas eat was already made from dung. How can anybody expect the Sumima poop to smell like cinnamon and roses if all they eat was already poop? Huh? If you are looking for the source of the stink surrounding Medusa look no further than the Sumima poop!

:eyecrazy:

The question is: will MA/FPC finally wake up?

My guestimate? No!

They sleep well and will do so for ever !

Am I the only one here thinking that this is anything BUT real. I would really like some MA officials checking this and potentially locking BOTH his accounts if the Medusa auction has been anything but legit.

Sorry, but no way in hell is Medusa worth 300k with that many LA's, mobs or no mobs ...

So, anyone brave enough to speak up here about irregularities, or have I just missed the best buy of my life?

User Name

Did you have money to deposit to make a competing bid? Remember there was a world wide recession. You know people losing their jobs, homes..... You know maybe that had something to do with it. Or lets see, 650k usd paid for CND, betting that used up at least a couple peoples bank accounts. Maybe that sale price scarred away other investors who might have been interested in Medusa.
Or wait, your right, Qetesh travelled around the world and beat the crap out of the other bidders. Seriously grow up.

Anyone has any idea how much money FPC lost with this auction?

What did FPC create this year? Gateway, PA, Crater, Cyclops Area, Missions, Medusa. If they worked on each area equal time ... then MA lost 2 months of their work creating useless junk and selling it for a loss ...

Weeeeeeeeeee :yay:

Sumima poop! I think the stink comes from the Sumima poop! What are they feeding them anyway? Remember, we put fertilizer into the fertilizing stations. With other words all what the Sumimas eat was already made from dung. How can anybody expect the Sumima poop to smell like cinnamon and roses if all they eat was already poop? Huh? If you are looking for the source of the stink surrounding Medusa look no further than the Sumima poop!

:eyecrazy:

U didnt read how fertilising stations works and you are sporeading false info. No animal at any land eat any poop. Poop ( dung ) mixed with growth molls make fertiliser ( far from poop realy ) echich starts only Special feeding chain starting from bacteriecs and other microorganisms to biger, biger and even more bigger ....to small animals that "DNA mob " is eating regulary.

In other words animals dont eat dung, or grow from it....they are just atraccted to LA from wilderness by precisely set food chain suitable for them

Was auction rigged?

Yes, in a way it was. The easy guess is that "Qetesh" asked around the people he knew would have enouch PEDs, and then they got together as a group. This way, instead of competing against eachother, they would just have to compete with a potential newcomer.

Was it against the rules?

No, not more than the last landgrab, which was literally done by the book(*).

No.
Unless you had 2.4M peds on your card, or you were already known by Qetesh (to get into the "group"), you would be chanceless - we all know how much the last estates of same magnitude (Crystal Palace) went for, when the bidders were called to show their wallets for real.

(*) lol I've been blind about the meaning of the name of a certain society, I didn't make the conneciton until somene pointed it out to me - until that point I just thought the name of the society was just to be "good looking".

Nice speculation, what you have not accounted for is the level that each of the 14 investor was at.

There were only two investors with over 300k on their card. If there was no cooperation between us then Mindark might have gotten an extra 70k. As it stands, we've spent more than that on upgrades with more spend planned. So ultimately we have given MindArk more cash than they would have gotten from any one of us alone. I can't see the down side for anyone.

Last edited:
Back