Medusa's Head Mall + all shops

Darkaner

Stalker
Society
Silly Underground Family
Keiser Darkaner Söze
I'm posting this as one of the investors of Medusa's Head.

We are currently discussing what to do with the shops and the mall. One option is to sell the whole thing, mall deed + all 24 shops deeds, in one bundle.

The mall is located a short run from the Medusa teleporter and is equipped with a televator.

The shops come in two sizes. There are 16 shops with 40 item points and 8 shops with 100 item points. The shops only have item slots on the inside, there is no place for signs or shopkeepers in the shops windows. However, there is a sign with the shop and floor number on the outside, making it easy to find a certain shop.

Taxes on sold items go to the mall owner, of course.

So, how much would you pay for this nice piece of estate? :)

If you sell them all for 12.5k you'll get 300k peds!

I'm posting this as one of the investors of Medusa's Head.

We are currently discussing what to do with the shops and the mall. One option is to sell the whole thing, mall deed + all 24 shops deeds, in one bundle.

The mall is located a short run from the Medusa teleporter and is equipped with a televator.

The shops come in two sizes. There are 16 shops with 40 item points and 8 shops with 100 item points. The shops only have item slots on the inside, there is no place for signs or shopkeepers in the shops windows. However, there is a sign with the shop number and floor on the outside, making it easy to find a certain shop.

Taxes on sold items go to the mall owner, of course.

So, how much would you pay for this nice piece of estate? :)
Estate prices are in fluctuation... they were tanking badly a while back, then the announcement of no rent came and now they are starting to stabilize more.

Prices are all over the place based on location. Since Medusa is not a starter TP like PA, prices should probably be close to around the same size for locations like Genesis, Sakura, or Omegaton... About a year ago or so that would have been around 10k for Medusa's smaller shops and maybe 15k or a little more for the 100 slot ones... but since this is a bulk deal you are contemplating, should be somewhere a little lower then that for the bulk discount type of idea... I do think selling in bulk is probably a better option.

Here's another idea... throw a shopkeeper or two in one of the estates and put all the deeds in there.

Then offer the buyers the option of buying the places back at either the same price or a little less... so that you can resell for same price... and more importantly, allow the mall owner to keep getting tax revenue both now and in the future.

so that you have some control over the future of the place and don't let it all go out of whack like the mall shops did where the owners are all over the place since investors won't relinquish control of the shops once they have the deeds since they don't care eventually about the future of the place... just so long as they get their price back and then some...

leaving the mall shop owner in a very awkward position. Sort of central repository that acts like a real estate agency... I think Neverdie did something like that with the astroid at one point in time. There's massive potential for that sort of thing if your investor group can find someone that can do all of that and maintain it over time. In theory, Qetesh would be the best option since he started the whole investment group...

Advantages of doing it this way
- shopkeeper selling is much cheaper for the seller then the auction, especially if no one bids...
- shopkeeper will give you something you can make screen prints of to know who exactly bought the deeds where as with auctions you have no clue unless you watch the auction like a hawk the last few minutes.
- potential future revenue for mall shop owner is more stablized.

Last edited:
Estate prices are in fluctuation... they were tanking badly a while back, then the announcement of no rent came and now they are starting to stabilize more.

Prices are all over the place based on location. Since Medusa is not a starter TP like PA, prices should probably be close to around the same size for locations like Genesis, Sakura, or Omegaton... About a year ago or so that would have been around 10k for Medusa's smaller shops and maybe 15k or a little more for the 100 slot ones... but since this is a bulk deal you are contemplating, should be somewhere a little lower then that for the bulk discount type of idea... I do think selling in bulk is probably a better option.

Here's another idea... throw a shopkeeper or two in one of the estates and put all the deeds in there.

Then offer the buyers the option of buying the places back at either the same price or a little less... so that you can resell for same price... and more importantly, allow the mall owner to keep getting tax revenue both now and in the future.

so that you have some control over the future of the place and don't let it all go out of whack like the mall shops did where the owners are all over the place since investors won't relinquish control of the shops once they have the deeds since they don't care eventually about the future of the place... just so long as they get their price back and then some...

leaving the mall shop owner in a very awkward position. Sort of central repository that acts like a real estate agency... I think Neverdie did something like that with the astroid at one point in time. There's massive potential for that sort of thing if your investor group can find someone that can do all of that and maintain it over time. In theory, Qetesh would be the best option since he started the whole investment group...

Advantages of doing it this way
- shopkeeper selling is much cheaper for the seller then the auction, especially if no one bids...
- shopkeeper will give you something you can make screen prints of to know who exactly bought the deeds where as with auctions you have no clue unless you watch the auction like a hawk the last few minutes.
- potential future revenue for mall shop owner is more stablized.

hmm sounds like a good idea to me.

I don't know about the whole package, but I'll give you 5K for a shop right now!

Kitten not sure but wants one * nod nod *

XD

i'd guess the price on the shops around the price of deer mall shops more or less. but depending on how many apartments are there.. maybe as much as apartment building shops.

so from 5k-9k depending on size and accessibility.

i'll follow suit with mandu and express interest in one of the shops at 5k - ; )

What about the apartments?

i reserve one shop thx. 1k ped ( considering the many shops around, the many empty ones, the many that are coming in rocktropia and next island).... would be a good price.
DC

Apartments are not included in the mall, they will be sold separately once they have been fixed from bugs.

Well you need to get an idea of what shops are worth, and then if your selling as a bundle sell @ discount rate IMO if you want to do the whole sale package.

IMO I think itd be risky for you guys to value the shops @ a high price and toss that in the cost bundle because for a mall owner to recoup that investment part he'd have to hold out for big sales on the shops. As you can see people are fine with discounted rates, but the 10-15k range for shops IMO isn't going to sell fast. One can get shops in that price range pretty easily I imagine :D I think witchblade has been trying to sell her biggest shop at deer mall for 10k for a long time (not sure if it finally sold or not).

Anyways, I have no idea how malls do on taxes and such and got no idea of what the value is. Id say toss a flat rate on shops, then toss a premium on the shops near TP. Then toss in an estimation of mall revenue @ discounted rate and see what # you guys get.

I know that doesn't help :D guess you gotta talk to mall owners to get an idea of revenue.

There are just too many shops - and way too many that has invested in a shop just to have it in the pocket and waiting for price to go up.

Now they have burned there fingers and cant sell em for what they paied.

Ill say you should sell them on auc and get what you can - the first one will sell for a good price and the rest for lower. Keep the mall and get some longtime payback in fees.

My guess is they will go from 1k to 9-10k

Putting a price-tag on the mall is a difficult endeavor.

The best approach would probably be to auction it on the forum, this way you will see who is interested and if necessary you can refuse to sell it, either because the minimum reserve is not met, or because you have reasons not to sell to a specific avatar.

I very much assume that keeping it will be the best option for the coming months.

i wonder what the rent will be , and i am sure it will return :lolup:

120K for the mall with all the shops ;)

What about the mansion/hangar that is suppost to be added to the bazaar if/when they come?

Buying all in bulk 90-100K; don't make the FPC/MA error to make big sales again having a nice, funny, huge flop and sell them separately if you have a good "societery law" to distribuite the shares between all owners.

For the price you paid for it I'd say just give them away in a competition ;)

Thank you for the replies everyone. :)

What about the mansion/hangar that is suppost to be added to the bazaar if/when they come?

I am not updated on that issue, but it will not be part of the mall that I am quite sure of.

I think 3K for the 40 item shops (16 x 3 = 48K), then 6K for the 100 item shops (8 x 6 = 48K) so around 96K for all, so yeah about 100K to buy the lot, plus more for future taxes. Maybe 120K all up?

Cheers
Bjorn

In a way the price cant be so high because we have a lot of emty shops in the game.

its not a actual mall tho yer i was running around looking for a actual mall for like 20 minutes

nope, just a bunch of rusty old buildings. Wonder if the next thing we'll see in TT machine is tetanus shots?

its not a actual mall tho yer i was running around looking for a actual mall for like 20 minutes
What is a mall then? It's a collection of shops in close vicinity to each other in the same "building". And they are all connected to a "mall deed". I don't see how that is not a mall :)

Well there is a mall estate deed for that location so I think it is fair to call it a mall. :)
But no, it does not look like the other three malls.

Back