Question: Melee weapon crafting

Praug

Guardian
Society
Apocalyptic
Praug Praugster Redbear
I have crafted just about all types of bps except melee weapons. I got a rutic kil bp and decided to give them a try and see how it goes. I wasnt worried about using residue to make a full tt weapon, was just testing the bp. I always start off my first click on any bp at max condition. The first click was a success at max condition and I got a fist bp and a 41 ped tt sword. On all other bps I have crafted at max condition, usually when you have a success you get the item at near or full TT. So I am wondering is this different for melee weapons or is it just different for high TT items?

Different on high tt items of any kind.

As said, different for the high TT'ers although the L versions of the rutic line usually give close to full TT if successful

thanks for letting me know too as I got the same bp but not done any serious clicks yet, so it needs res no matter what to make a high tt one

You'd need to be pretty rich or nuts to craft these things on condition since every success would be an uber and you'd not see many.

I did a run once just to test the waters...had a ton of materials hangng around but few peds and no res....I crafted quite a few swords but only one was even usable, none were full TT and most were broken and unusable in the window.

IF you don't use them yourself like I do, maybe best to use a set amount of res to give a sword that will provide a decent hunt, say 200-300 ped ....that way you don't end up with a full TT blade no-one wants to spend peds on, you get more chances for a global/HOF, and if someome really can afford 1k plus on swords for a hunt they can either tell you or buy a few.

Strangely I do better on the springs and level 2 components needed to make these than I do on the weapon itself, probably paid for most of my LB skills with those :laugh:

t

I bought my bp so I could craft the ones I use myself as I know I would never afford to buy one of the rare full tt ones I seen on auction :(
And then you never know if you are lucky to hit that nice uber with a full sword or maybe a UL sword :D

Thanks for the info. I broke even anyway on the 40 clicks i was testing it with.

Back