Elite
Smoerble
Hi all,
this topic is for two things:
1) List of ME items in VU 10.x
2) General discussion about mentorship in VU 10.x

List of Mentor gifts in VU 10
Currently none.
Mentorship is disabled in current VU. So if you recieve any, please post here and I update this list

General discussion
about mentor/disciple specific things in VU 10.x

(like: no mentors/disciples possible in VU 10.0.7, good and bad impact on that)

My disciples:
I have the current situation, that my "best" disciple is my real life girlfriend... and she was at 90%+ before VU 10, so she can't wait to complete her discpl-thingy :). Plus we wanted to chip her up a lot for more interesting team hunts... both not possible right now.

I had no other active discpls in the past months, as I did not any new ones :).

BUT:
She's not a hardcore-gamer as I was the last years. So she played with Entropia just a little bit ("to hang around and kill some Longus from time to time"). Since VU 10 she enjoys walking around a lot more than I do (I need mobs, she likes the glowing sun flowers :)). We both love the new visuals, but I am bored without mobs quicker :).

So tell me: what are your experiences with your discpls since VU 10?

None. Of my several tries in the past I only graduated one and he is one of my close friends in rl so he was pre screened. The rest disappeared after a week or less. A few I chose not to mentor but put on fl are still around though. Hopefully the draw of the game gets stronger and the incentive to stay gets better. Not to mention mentor incentive. I really don`t need another EP-17 anymore than I needed or wanted the first one. I do plan on giving mentoring another try.

This is one of my concerns for this VU. I have one disciple (my daughter) and she's sitting at 99.2% as we figure it by rifle skill points. Should she not hunt until the M/D features are restored? How will a graduating disciple be handled by the system when there's no system in place?

How will a graduating disciple be handled by the system when there's no system in place?

Since a disciple cannot graduate until the mentor pushes that button, I suspect it will not matter if there is no system in place atm. Once the system is reinstated, I think that there will be a whole lot of mentors pushing that graduation button, as many disciples will have met the graduation requirements.

Ofc, this is only my opinion of what might happen.... perhaps Marco will read this and respond?

My problem is that i'm mentoring someone after VU10 started so I could never add them as a disciple. What i'm worried about is that if it does return I won't be able to add them as a disciple since they will already be to high a level.

In response to the "no mentor/disciple - the good, the bad, the ugly"

I have had many disciples... only one of them, an official disciple. Personally, I think it's a good idea that there is no official mentorship program in place right now. Yes, there's the expanded guide program, which is all well and good....

Let's think about this logically, shall we?

Pre-VU 10.0...

*lots of "disciple farmers"
*many complaints in forums about crappy mentors (not being around, not helping out, not graduating, etc)
*new players thinking "hey, if this is what everyone is like, screw it... I am off to play <insert game name here>."

Post-VU 10.0
*not a single disciple farmer
*new players being helped out by people who actually want to help, and not just those hoping for an awesome mentor gift
*possibility of leading to higher new-player retention

If you fear helping a new player succeed, simply because the mentor system is not in place, then you are helping a new player for the wrong reasons.

If you could give a rats-ass about the FreanD Alpha ME, or that EWE EP-17 ME, etc, but you simply want to help new players become educated about EU, learn the basics, and help them become an independent, well-informed player, then who the hell gives a crap if the mentor system is in place???

I've always thought the "requirements" for being a mentor were absurdly low... come on, 100 skill points in any graduation skill? You can get that by shooting an opalo for a few days.

I, personally, hope the mentor system stays gone until it is revamped, and actually requires that the mentor know something about EU/Calypso!

In response to the "no mentor/disciple - the good, the bad, the ugly"

I've always thought the "requirements" for being a mentor were absurdly low... come on, 100 skill points in any graduation skill? You can get that by shooting an opalo for a few days.

I, personally, hope the mentor system stays gone until it is revamped, and actually requires that the mentor know something about EU/Calypso!

Coz I agree with u on everything, except it's not 100 skill pts to graduate. It's 2000 skill pts in most hunting professions (or around there) and 700 for mining professions. It takes someone more than just a few days going bang bang with an opalo to graduate. Took me 3 months and that was without depositing.

I do believe they should bring back the mentorship program, but allow n00bs to longer to choose to stay with their mentor or find a better one (say up to 10% of a graduating profession then they're locked in) not 20 skill pts in any graduating profession. This way it will give them a chance to learn the game a little bit and have time to find a good matched mentor and not a farming mentor that just wants the free gift.

Too many times I'm helping n00bs and they wish they would have found me before joe blow the crappy mentor.

Coz I agree with u on everything, except it's not 100 skill pts to graduate. It's 2000 skill pts in most hunting professions (or around there) and 700 for mining professions. It takes someone more than just a few days going bang bang with an opalo to graduate. Took me 3 months and that was without depositing.

I do believe they should bring back the mentorship program, but allow n00bs to longer to choose to stay with their mentor or find a better one (say up to 10% of a graduating profession then they're locked in) not 20 skill pts in any graduating profession. This way it will give them a chance to learn the game a little bit and have time to find a good matched mentor and not a farming mentor that just wants the free gift.

Too many times I'm helping n00bs and they wish they would have found me before joe blow the crappy mentor.

Coz means that the requirement to become a mentor is too low - 100 in any skill.

I'd agree - all mentors, at a minimum should at least have graduated.

Agree on these points:
  • Not everyone should be able to be a mentor.
  • Discpls should be able to switch mentor longer.

Sorry my mistake on that misread... Sinus headache, cold, and 6am with no coffee :D

yes, I do believe you should be at least equivalent in one skill in any graduating profession in order to be able to mentor someone.

my stupid desciple finally logged in once again.. hope the bastard will skill or something:rolleyes:

Back