Merging melee professions / skills

Status
I didn't say that I believe that players being happy with the game can only be achieved by making the game less challenging.

In fact I want the game to be even more challenging but at the same time one shouldn't be afraid to remove redundant complexity that doesn't really do anything.

I didn't say that I believe that players being happy with the game can only be achieved by making the game less challenging.

In fact I want the game to be even more challenging but at the same time one shouldn't be afraid to remove redundant complexity that doesn't really do anything.

True, but the reason it "does not do anything" may lay in the hands of MindArk and the Planet Partners. MA / Calypso has never really given clubs much love... which is why so few people care if one/two handed are merged. Hell, there's no reason they should have as the planet is set in the future. Think about Ancient Greece though. They can't really incorporate Laser, BLP, Gauss, Plasma, ect professions into their planet's (area's?) concept so you'd effectively be making a huge cut in the players' weapon choices. Would it have a similar effect on Planet Toulan?

Just because something is redundant now, it doesn't mean there is no potential for use. :wise:

Anyways, I personally couldn't care less. I've never used clubs, and rarely swords / knives. I'm just playing devil's advocate. :laugh:

Entirely agree.

Another thing I think could be simplified is some of the stackables. The oils are fine, but there's a lot of other stuff that is pretty much unsellable, either because it drops in such small amounts you never get a big enough stack to auction it, or because it drops way more than the demand. Some of these might be solved if there were less different versions of the type of stackable.

[EDIT: Apologies if I posted after thread was closed, didn't notice]

Last edited:
Status
Back