Merry Mayhem 2010

[...]

We are very sorry about the situation and we sincerely apologize for it.

Personally I see a full angel armor in my inventory as a sincere enough apology :silly2: Normal one would do fine, doesn't need to be the SGA version. KTHXBYE. :smoke:

Question to Pioneer

RULES

To participate, get the mission “Mayhem 2010” from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but no kills will be registered until the event opens on Dec 26th. If you do not have this mission, you will not participate in Merry Mayhem! If you abandon this mission, you will lose your participation in Merry Mayhem and forfeit all kill points, even if you get the mission again!

The rule above has just been brought to my attention

This morning before actually starting the mission or firing my first shot I accidently abandoned the mission. When I logged back on I rejoined the mission. I proceeded to make my first kill that informed me that I had been registered in Catergory 3. My points have been accruing and registering on the mission log.

My question Pioneer am I a registered particpant or not.?

Have sent in a support case asking the same question.

Thank you for contacting us. We will look into your case as soon as possible. The targeted response time for support requests is within 48 hours. However, during times of high load it may take a little longer.
Case #:15043-11705Date Created:12/26/2010 8:05:51 AM GMT

48 hrs would make it impossible for me to complete the event

Last edited:
Sooo everyone in catagory one is bugged and can't kill stalkers and prowlers? or just the bugged ones can't kill prowlers and stalkers because if some people arem't bugged this isn't gonna fly and what happpens is a prowler or stalker aggros you?

Sooo everyone in catagory one is bugged and can't kill stalkers and prowlers? or just the bugged ones can't kill prowlers and stalkers because if some people arem't bugged this isn't gonna fly and what happpens is a prowler or stalker aggros you?

From what I've gathered from responses and my own personal experience, I believe everyone in category 1 is affected by the glitch. I am able to freely kill any maturity cornundacauda at will without messing up the mission. If I kill a stalker/prowler though, it bumps me to category 4. A lot of people have already abandoned the mission and grabbed it again trying to fix the glitch and thereby inadvertently disqualifying themselves, myself included. It's kind of a giant mess :p

Cheers,

-Sky

From what I've gathered from responses and my own personal experience, I believe everyone in category 1 is affected by the glitch. I am able to freely kill any maturity cornundacauda at will without messing up the mission. If I kill a stalker/prowler though, it bumps me to category 4. A lot of people have already abandoned the mission and grabbed it again trying to fix the glitch and thereby inadvertently disqualifying themselves, myself included. It's kind of a giant mess :p

Cheers,

-Sky

From my understanding of the rules re-getting the mission doesn't disqualify you, it simply means you have to start over, losing any kills you had before. As for the 30 hour time limit, well, that's another question. Does that start over too? I somehow doubt it.

can we have afther all this maddness ends statisticks how many % of participaints were disqualified ???

can we have afther all this maddness ends statisticks how many % of participaints were disqualified ???

And % of people who started but gave up due to the bug farce...

It has come to our attention that there is a bug in the Mayhem mission. The bug seems to be triggered when in Category 1 and killing Cornundacauda Stalker or Prowler.

We will fix this bug as soon as possible. Expected time for the fix is around Monday morning (office hours and UTC). Until then, avoid hunting Cornundacauda Prowler and Stalker.

Because of the bug, we will push the end date of Mayhem by 24 hours.

We are very sorry about the situation and we sincerely apologize for it.

Heh, I would hate to be the person trying to win Merry Mayhem who didn't see this and was disqualified for exceeding 30 hours of play on Jan 1st. :laugh:

LOL is all i can say.

Hundreds of ppl effort and money is wasted, MA shall move their asses from home back to office and fix that asap. They don't even care to answer all our questions posted here. Fail again, loosing hope they can organize something right at least once.

And i second thought about their testing....it not exist. We are damn testers with our own money :/

i don't get it, people, its sunday, xmas, they messed up, those things happen, i stopped hunting and my log time didn't exceed 3 min, i wait for fix, if some people cannot be patient or understand they MA/FPC are just people with own families and matters and that sometimes you just have to wait its their own problem... i do feel sorry for those who were preparing for a long time and possibly ruined their chances to win the event by many unwise actions but see, You too make mistakes sometimes...

before i get crucified:p my preparations took 2 weeks, planning my schedule, getting equipment and ped, and now i wait cuz thats the only smart thing to do (i think) flaming, trolling, whining etc. won't help:) so use that time to spend it with your family, do work you were supposed to do tomorrow or do whatever else more useful than sitting on forum and refreshing it every 10 sec just to see if poor Pioneer replied (i feel sorry for the guy, he's not to blame yet he gets all the whipping)

If gas station can have worker at night and sunday MA/FPC can have one too for watching such things...

i assume they're watching things like "server online" but probably some coding is required so i presume there's a team for that and their manager and as in every normal company they have to have a meeting where them along with their team manager will figure out the solution and then implement it, would you really want someone not responsible for this part of code messing with it?:)

Oh dear, and I whas getting worried, when I saw no new bugs beeing reported, here on the forum.

Thank you for correcting that MA and FPC.

if some people cannot be patient or understand they MA/FPC are just people with own families and matters and that sometimes you just have to wait its their own problem... i do feel sorry for those who were preparing for a long time and possibly ruined their chances to win the event by many unwise actions but see, You too make mistakes sometimes...

While this is a reasonable statement it is far from the reality of the situation.

MA/FPC are multi million dollar corporations.

They have set the time to do this Merry Mayhem over the busiest period of the year for most people.

They should have the staff employed over this period to make it run smoothly.

Someone should be montitoring this forum 24hours a day (It is the MA/FPC forum) and even if they cannot give a solution at first, it is at least comforting to know they are there for their players and supporters.

As well as this forum there should be someone monitoring the game all the time during MM.

This is a high profile business and should be treated as such.

If one pays for a service there should be a result.

Jung

While this is a reasonable statement it is far from the reality of the situation.

They have set the time to do this Merry Mayhem over the busiest period of the year for most people.

Someone should be montitoring this forum 24hours a day (It is the MA/FPC forum) and even if they cannot give a solution at first, it is at least comforting to know they are there for their players and supporters.

As well as this forum there should be someone monitoring the game all the time during MM.

Jung

you're completely right:)

Jung

Spot on!!!!
Hope things work out Jung .

So if I am assuming right then this is an FPC event correct? FPC has organized, planned and developed this event? Well then I am going to have to agree with most then, if FPC planned, organized, and developed this event, then FPC should be running the event as well. You can't run an event if you are not around. Some one should totally be in game maybe even running around to all of the different spawning areas for all categories simply to say hi and check on things with YOUR Participants. I think running a planet is no different then running a Society. If you are not present during Society Events then what business do you have being a Society Leader. Maybe FPC needs to hire someone to do nothing but organize and supervise events on Planet Calypso, any volunteers?

:wtg: Good Luck Everyone :wtg:

BLP Sniper (Hit)
BLP Pistoleer (Hit)
Laser Sniper (Hit)
Laser Pistoleer (Hit)
Swordsman (Hit)
Knife Fighter (Hit)
Brawler (Hit)
Where's

Whipper (Hit)

Oh yes, forgot, taming is still not here even though people still have whips in game, and some are using them.

Well, that aside, where is
Two Handed Clubber (Hit)

???

Is there a reason support will not tell login time of Mayhem Participants as they did in the past for those who asked? I never asked before but was told by several reliable sources this information was provided to some people and not to others just based on which support person you got responding. Please be sure that this is NOT the case this year MA or FPC (whichever of you dictates that). Thanks.

Last edited:
---
There are solutions, but these require coding from MindArk, and they are reluctant to do coding just for one event and for one planet partner. So we can't stop these activities, even if we could stop actual teaming. That means that prohibiting teams would be rather useless.
---
I think you hit the head of the nail here. I get the impression that MA think they are big as
Microsoft, and Planetpartners are just a little anonymous user in Shittown in OutbackCounty.
Imo it should be the oposite, MA has to listen to what Planetpartners request.
You as Planetpartner shall be the ones providing us players with content, while MA are the
one that has to create feature and function codewise for whatever a Planetpartner request.
You should ask yourself why so many don't care to join MM anymore, and when you see the
issue and problem and finally get a solution to create a soloevent, you will most probably
see a lot more active in MM.

About timer in eventssytem. This could be great for all kinds of events, so it hasn't have to be
just for one Planetpartner and one event.
Imo MA has to put more resources in development and coding and less in marketing, marketing
has to be Planetpartners obligation against endusers.

Is there a reason support will not tell login time of Mayhem Participants as they did in the past for those who asked? I never asked before but was told by several reliable sources this information was provided to some people and not to others just based on which support person you got responding. Please be sure that this is NOT the case this year MA or FPC (whichever of you dictates that). Thanks.

maybe it's cuz they don't wanna give you and your reliable sources that advantage and convenience! maybe they want the rest of us who cba to ask support for the time to be on the same playing field! :< rage.... raaaage... RAAAGE!!! :mad:

Back