Merry Mayhem Update

As far as I know they haven't said we should not turn them in, and handing them in is still possible..would they not disable that also if we are not supposed to hand them in?

That's the thing, they didn't say much at all. And the fact that npc is still active doesn't mean anything - the Santa helper from MM 2014 did stay in Minopolis and offer the 2014 mission for the whole year after the MM, they just forgot about her or didn't care.

Personally I'm going to wait until Jan 11th 13:50 before turning in my stars.

got this from support today.
Hi alfen,

We apologies for the delay in your case, we've looked into the issues regarding Merry Mayhem points both for Solo and Free for all.

All points for looted items regardless for Solo and FFA will be counted even if the system does not add them correctly for your display.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you but as we've previously counted the points manually we will do so for this event as well and make sure everything is correct.

But as stated, this mistake is very unfortunate and we are sorry for any issues this has caused for your event activities but you are free to turn in FFA stars and the looted points will still count to your total standing in this event.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

got this from support today.
Hi alfen,

We apologies for the delay in your case, we've looked into the issues regarding Merry Mayhem points both for Solo and Free for all.

All points for looted items regardless for Solo and FFA will be counted even if the system does not add them correctly for your display.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you but as we've previously counted the points manually we will do so for this event as well and make sure everything is correct.

But as stated, this mistake is very unfortunate and we are sorry for any issues this has caused for your event activities but you are free to turn in FFA stars and the looted points will still count to your total standing in this event.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

I see double "looted" word... So MA did possibility of trading points and now they won't count it?

I see double "looted" word... So MA did possibility of trading points and now they won't count it?

I see it this way:

They planned to give ammo bonus only for self looted FFA stars.

The FFA stars you have bought, shouldn't count for ammo bonus, only for the event prizes.

But they failed to implement and to communicate that...

Ciao, Armin

I see it this way:

They planned to give ammo bonus only for self looted FFA stars.

The FFA stars you have bought, shouldn't count for ammo bonus, only for the event prizes.

But they failed to implement and to communicate that...

Ciao, Armin

As I said here, it is very clear now. Bought points are counted for event, but not for bonus. This will prevent the abuse

As I said here, it is very clear now. Bought points are counted for event, but not for bonus. This will prevent the abuse

It is certainly a strong indication that bought points doesnt count towards bonuses. It is however not an official statement. I still request MA to put up a statement that this is the case, it isnt that hard and we wouldnt need to speculate about this.

As far as I know they haven't said we should not turn them in, and handing them in is still possible..would they not disable that also if we are not supposed to hand them in?

I handed in FFA stars, to get the first 50 ped reward "at a later date". Sold the rest.

I did a ton of hours too, wasted too many extra hours in solo trying to get the 10K bonus that didn't happen. Hey ho no 10K bonus from either solo or FFA for me....whatever.... I'm passed caring.

I would seriously suggest handing in stars to the helper, if you don't you WILL lose them (simple as that).

Rick

So you loot 10k points,sell them for 1.5k and then get 2.5k ammo reward?
(because you looted these stars)

So you loot 10k points,sell them for 1.5k and then get 2.5k ammo reward?
(because you looted these stars)

no.... for FFA it work likes this:

You must hand in stars to the helper to "add" to the counter. There's no other way to log points and increase the counter other than handing them in to the helper. Very different to solo, which counts points automatically.

Once you hand them in, the counter goes up, and the stars disappear.

Using some common sense you would collect the stars and only hand them in when you have enough to qualify for the next bonus tier. Otherwise hold them in store. Because if you don't get enough stars for the next bonus, at least you have the option of selling them.

I only handed in enough stars for the first 50 ped bonus. I sold my remaining stars (when I finally gave up on the event), but there appears to be no difference to the stars when traded. If the person buying needs them to qualify for a bonus, then I'm sure the helper would accept them. (I sold a bunch of stars as a gamble to raise peds and try and hunt for a glorious star......bad mistake but no regrets).

Any FFA stars handed in "will not" pay out "yet", but I'm sure the payout will come at a later date. If you don't log your FFA bonuses with the helper, then you risk not being paid out once the event closes.

Rick

Last edited:
Looks like there's been some progress.

Happy New Year!

We are excited to report that this year's Merry Mayhem event has attracted record levels of participation. Of course, the very generous Universal Ammo bonus rewards structure helped to encourage much of the increased participation, as we hoped when implementing the latest changes to the Merry Mayhem event.

The issues that arose early in the event regarding the FFA bonus rewards have been resolved, and we are happy to report that the FFA bonus reward missions have been reactivated. Visit one of the Santa's Little Helper NPCs to turn in your FFA Mayhem Stars and claim any outstanding bonus rewards. Any participants who turned in their FFA Mayhem Stars while the bonus rewards were disabled and believe they missed out on any bonus rewards should submit a support case under the Events category to apply for compensation.

A final note for those competing in the FFA Mayhem category: FFA Mayhem Stars may be turned in until Monday, Jan. 18, 14:00 UTC (7 days after the event ends). After Jan. 18, 14:00 UTC, FFA Mayhem Stars may no longer be submitted, and final results will be calculated based on FFA Mayhem Star submissions up to that time.

Kind regards,
The Planet Calypso Team

Originally Posted Here

Hopefully it does not get disabled again before I get home to turn mine in...

Originally Posted by Bertha Bot

Happy New Year!

We are excited to report that this year's Merry Mayhem event has attracted record levels of participation. Of course, the very generous Universal Ammo bonus rewards structure helped to encourage much of the increased participation, as we hoped when implementing the latest changes to the Merry Mayhem event.

The issues that arose early in the event regarding the FFA bonus rewards have been resolved, and we are happy to report that the FFA bonus reward missions have been reactivated. Visit one of the Santa's Little Helper NPCs to turn in your FFA Mayhem Stars and claim any outstanding bonus rewards. Any participants who turned in their FFA Mayhem Stars while the bonus rewards were disabled and believe they missed out on any bonus rewards should submit a support case under the Events category to apply for compensation.

A final note for those competing in the FFA Mayhem category: FFA Mayhem Stars may be turned in until Monday, Jan. 18, 14:00 UTC (7 days after the event ends). After Jan. 18, 14:00 UTC, FFA Mayhem Stars may no longer be submitted, and final results will be calculated based on FFA Mayhem Star submissions up to that time.

Kind regards,
The Planet Calypso Team

"We are excited to report that this year's Merry Mayhem event has attracted record levels of participation. Of course"

How is it then that the CLD's gave record poor revenue.

:cool:

They already answered that as have many people, valentin. Don't be dense.

Unfortunately, due to some users exploiting the generosity of the bonus rewards, it has been necessary to disable the Universal Ammo bonus rewards in the Merry Mayhem Free-For-All category. As quest rewards are part of the weekly Calypso Land Deed revenue calculation, this abuse will negatively effect the CLD revenue for the current week.

Of course there will be a full investigation of potential bonus reward abuse, and sanctions imposed on those participants found to be abusing the event.

So... this "reward abuse" what was it all about? A math error from MA employees or what?

Here's is a list of names of people that got in trouble and aren't playing right now because they got banned. If you see anyone banned, let me know. I will even take EL data showing their globals totally stopped around the time of MA's announcement and will jump to conclusion based on such data or any other circumstantial teeny little bit of evidence than anyone was banned.

List:
none

I have a feeling it will stay this way.

Back