MF ECO'ness'

Kitch

Prowler
The question is basically how eco is MF

For healing
For hunting

Cause there is SME, Implant, Chip+MU & the insertor. 4 types of decay/burn...

seems like a lot of scope for losing ped?

please go into as much detail as u like, ive been playing 6 months but am totally new to mf.
I will try and get all the other info on mf from other threads.

cheer!

& the insertor.

I just buy the inserter, insert the implant, and then re-tt the inserter. lose .01 ped done and done

The eco listed on entropedia should be pretty accurate. It used to be that you had separated decay from the implant and the chip, but now the implant simply absorbs some of the chips decay, without affecting overall decay. That improved MF a lot.

The cost to implant was greatly reduced a while back, as well, so it's really not just a premium profession anymore.

Well, you can always check eco and such over at entropiawiki.com :)

To answer the question more generally... Regeneration chips usually have slightly lower eco than heal tools, but requires lower levels to use and has range when healing others.

The Attack Nanochips have quite decent eco, though a downside is that you can not increase the eco by adding an amplifier. Upside is that Mindforce chips have very low TT value and decay, so low budget players can easier play on higher levels and markup affects the eco less.

With the implant rebalance a few months ago, the implant decay is incredibly low (barely noticable on many chips), so not a big effect on eco there either :)

As for the Synthetic ME, it works pretty much for heal/attack chips as ammo works for guns. And as has been mentioned, inserter is a one-time cost (per implant), and also very low.

As someone who had some uber casters in other games, I approve the changes to MF in EU compared to the expense and limitations of what it was in PE. I'm all for lower prices and easier access to begin MF, with a good progression up the skill/performance/price ladder. I'll look forward to further improvements and developments in this area (WTB Wormhole/teleport to other planets... let the flames begin :D ).

for me the main eco reason for mf is chip mu and decay. i like that it uses more ammo than has decay.

also the future seems to hold lots of interesting things for mf. not to long ago there were arson chips on auction for L70 pryos. i think that this shows that there are many more things in the pipeline for mf.

if you look on entropedia you will see that there are a few intresting personaly effect chips for the various professions.

with the rumored coming of toulan and their dijnns i think that is going to be another intresting mf aspect if indeed it appears in the universe.

so what it all comes down to for me when i am deep in the skilling grind of pyro and doubting my descision to focus on mf because of the lack of coolness and commando is that the future looks bright and it is almost like a new born profession that is still being developed.

you might be better off skilling a traditional hunting pro... but you might not be... its hard to say... but if you enjoy using mf above using guns or swords than that will go along way to making it the right choice.

personally i love mf on a good day and on a bad day i enjoy it also.

again though. in a few weeks/months/years some of my friends and contemporaries who joined at the same time as me will begin to out pace me in total skills and hp as they unlock coolness commando and others. its going to be hard not to regret my choices then.

but that being said i dont think i will ever look back on the last half as a waste skilling pyro as i am already at lvl 40 and the game has begun to open up to me in a way i didnt thing that it would for a long time.

sorry for the ramble.

I've hit many hofs with MF and quite a few over 1K, although I tend to use high end chips. I even had a 4K hof on CP using a X Lacerating chip.

Finding the right mob with low level chips can be the hardest thing for new starters. Steer away from mobs that regain a lot of HP. Argos and corns should be ok, but feffs and trox might need medium level chips as regain mobs.

At higher levels, mobs such as scips or sumima and rex are perfect MF attacking mobs.

Once you start moving into X and XI chips you can take on CP, kreltins and aluris...damn I even kill spiders with T2 VII combustive. Even prots, although I prefer to guns on those.

It can take longer pulling bigger loots with MF, because you don't have the cost of an amp to burn, this sometimes can give the impressive of bad returns, and it takes time to offload a lot of ammo. Run 500 ped SME though with a X or XI and the loot should flow nicely.

Compare how long it takes to offload 500 SME with a chip, or 500 ammo with a gun, you get more time for your money!!!!

I really like the new nanochips, sure they burn more ammo if comparing them with guns, although the chips can last a long long time. I tend to think the system is set to return ammo anyhow, an the cost of a gun will in most cases be a lot more expensive than getting started with a chip.

What gun can you buy for say 40 ped would last 2000 odd ammo. None I would guess. So MF is perfect for lower budgets, where you put more money into ammo, and less into the weapon.

Implant costs are next to nothing really using nano-chips, I don't even bother looking at Implant cost.

If you can skill to say over 6K+ in an attack profession, MF starts to get very rewarding. Since skills WILL improve your chances of nice loots, at 7K and above the fun really starts.

I tend to mix up my hunts, few days rifle, few days MF. Test the system see what it wants to throw back at you.

Good luck out there.

This is more of a feel good MF post than hard on the detail. Don't worry, MF is very viable indeed if you put the effort in to skill it hard.

Rick

Well, you can always check eco and such over at entropiawiki.com :)/QUOTE]

Ok yh ive never actually looked at cost/sec before, couple new things to get my head around I guess :)

As someone who had some uber casters in other games, I approve the changes to MF in EU compared to the expense and limitations of what it was in PE. I'm all for lower prices and easier access to begin MF, with a good progression up the skill/performance/price ladder. I'll look forward to further improvements and developments in this area (WTB Wormhole/teleport to other planets... let the flames begin :D ).

Yeah some defensive buffs maybe so u could choose not to use armour would be mine :) but I understand that might not be possible economically.

also the future seems to hold lots of interesting things for mf. not to long ago there were arson chips on auction for L70 pryos. i think that this shows that there are many more things in the pipeline for mf.

if you look on entropedia you will see that there are a few intresting personaly effect chips for the various professions.

with the rumored coming of toulan and their dijnns i think that is going to be another intresting mf aspect if indeed it appears in the universe..

My thinking also..

I've hit many hofs with MF and quite a few over 1K, although I tend to use high end chips. I even had a 4K hof on CP using a X Lacerating chip.

Finding the right mob with low level chips can be the hardest thing for new starters. Steer away from mobs that regain a lot of HP. Argos and corns should be ok, but feffs and trox might need medium level chips as regain mobs.

At higher levels, mobs such as scips or sumima and rex are perfect MF attacking mobs.

Once you start moving into X and XI chips you can take on CP, kreltins and aluris...damn I even kill spiders with T2 VII combustive. Even prots, although I prefer to guns on those.

It can take longer pulling bigger loots with MF, because you don't have the cost of an amp to burn, this sometimes can give the impressive of bad returns, and it takes time to offload a lot of ammo. Run 500 ped SME though with a X or XI and the loot should flow nicely.

Compare how long it takes to offload 500 SME with a chip, or 500 ammo with a gun, you get more time for your money!!!!

I really like the new nanochips, sure they burn more ammo if comparing them with guns, although the chips can last a long long time. I tend to think the system is set to return ammo anyhow, an the cost of a gun will in most cases be a lot more expensive than getting started with a chip.

What gun can you buy for say 40 ped would last 2000 odd ammo. None I would guess. So MF is perfect for lower budgets, where you put more money into ammo, and less into the weapon.

Implant costs are next to nothing really using nano-chips, I don't even bother looking at Implant cost.

If you can skill to say over 6K+ in an attack profession, MF starts to get very rewarding. Since skills WILL improve your chances of nice loots, at 7K and above the fun really starts.

I tend to mix up my hunts, few days rifle, few days MF. Test the system see what it wants to throw back at you.

Good luck out there.

This is more of a feel good MF post than hard on the detail. Don't worry, MF is very viable indeed if you put the effort in to skill it hard.

Rick

Ok so im feeling pretty confident now from all the positives :) I am now thinking that I will use MF for heal, tele & 'other' (regen inhibition!!) thats the stuff im into :) I
will have try to use an attack chip, probably kinetic, in combination with my blp rifles and see how that goes.

I guess its just more coloumns on a spreadsheet...

Thanks!

Yeah some defensive buffs maybe so u could choose not to use armour would be mine :) but I understand that might not be possible economically.

We used to have "Focus" chips that would give you a bubble that gave you x number of bubble charges depending on the size of the chips and it would protect you from getting your concentration disrupted from a mob damage hit when you were sweating or teleporting, back in those days sweating was done with mind control, not a device that decayed, it was much cooler imo.

It looked like the bubble you see now when you log in or teleport. You could bubble yourself or toss it on someone else. It was great for skilling up MF, it annoyed the hell out of some people when I was skilling up to use a wormhole chip ( ahh , so many good old names in that thread ) and resurrection chip ages ago, it was very expensive to use MF then, and this was the cheapest way to skill it up. Some people would say thanks, other people would threaten to report me to MA for harrassement :laugh: We used to camp the sweat camp and bubble noobs and run around to the auction sites and bubble everyone in auction, they could click it off if they didn't want it, but in those days there were often A LOT of people standing around in auction, not like the ghost towns you see today. It was much more vibrant experience with all the chat and trading and people talking smack and shooting each other in auction and avatar babble talk ( "oh dobbie dobbie doh ah hahaha noshible" ), so much fun, but I digress... so ya, there was something like the buffs that could be implemented if they wanted to.

Last edited:
We used to have "Focus" chips that would give you a bubble that gave you x number of bubble charges depending on the size of the chips and it would protect you from getting your concentration disrupted from a mob damage hit when you were sweating or teleporting, back in those days sweating was done with mind control, not a device that decayed, it was much cooler imo.

It looked like the bubble you see now when you log in or teleport. You could bubble yourself or toss it on someone else. It was great for skilling up MF, it annoyed the hell out of some people when I was skilling up to use a wormhole chip ( ahh , so many good old names in that thread ) and resurrection chip ages ago, it was very expensive to use MF then, and this was the cheapest way to skill it up. Some people would say thanks, other people would threaten to report me to MA for harrassement :laugh: We used to camp the sweat camp and bubble noobs and run around to the auction sites and bubble everyone in auction, they could click it off if they didn't want it, but in those days there were often A LOT of people standing around in auction, not like the ghost towns you see today. It was much more vibrant experience with all the chat and trading and people talking smack and shooting each other in auction and avatar babble talk ( "oh dobbie dobbie doh ah hahaha noshible" ), so much fun, but I digress... so ya, there was something like the buffs that could be implemented if they wanted to.

bring back the bubble I say! :)

Back