Mid-Year Report January – June 2011

Pfft! This is so very incorrect. Shares in non-publicly traded companies absolutely can be sold to third parties. Public trading - or really even drawing a difference - is a somewhat newer thing than share based companies. Private trade of shares happens all the time. Or what did you think happened with companies after dropping out of an exchanges list?

Ow, I'm sorry. I live in little beetch county. Have nice day.

Something like that :)
The collaboration with Ericcson may also yield some new business and profits. Also some of the old systems may be coming back which would also increase profits for MA and make for a better game. So looks pretty good to me :)

Ericsson collaboration is only for Proximity Voice Chat. So I doubt that it will lead to any other things in the future. The technique can be used in video conferancing etc an MA is the first to use it together with avatars. Probably no advertisig value in this.

Pfft! This is so very incorrect. Shares in non-publicly traded companies absolutely can be sold to third parties. Public trading - or really even drawing a difference - is a somewhat newer thing than share based companies. Private trade of shares happens all the time. Or what did you think happened with companies after dropping out of an exchanges list?

It two kinds of companies, public and private. The public ones are allowed to trade their shares on a stockmarket, a private company are not allowed to trade their shares on a stockmarket. But the private companies are still allowed to sell shares to who they wan't as long they are not trading them on public market.

My guess is that MA are takeing in more money from the existing share owners and/or some new investors, because the amount of cash and capital have reach such low level that it probaly makes it a bit troublesome to run the company smoothly. Is not totaly impossible that some planetpartner with some cash could invest in MA, but the planetpartners we have today probably don't have that kind of money.

Ericsson collaboration is only for Proximity Voice Chat. So I doubt that it will lead to any other things in the future. The technique can be used in video conferancing etc an MA is the first to use it together with avatars. Probably no advertisig value in this.

After trying it out, I went back to msn voice calls, yahoo, skype, etc. are free, and lots of people have teamspeak or vent server accounts. Kind of hard to make money when your competing with free. :rolleyes:

After trying it out, I went back to msn voice calls, yahoo, skype, etc. are free, and lots of people have teamspeak or vent server accounts. Kind of hard to make money when your competing with free. :rolleyes:

Proximity voice chat (not team voice chat) is free, works great and have very very good quality... if they can expand on it and add new interesting things I am sure that it will end up being a quite nice addition.

thankz for the info...

Proximity voice chat (not team voice chat) is free, works great and have very very good quality... if they can expand on it and add new interesting things I am sure that it will end up being a quite nice addition.

Ya, proximity voice chat was such good quality I turned it off. I wasn't interested in hearing other people burp and fart and mumble incoherently to themselves while I was looking at auction. If I had to listen to anything, I would be much happier with the old calypso speak. They won't be getting any peds from me soon for any of that.

Its a pretty grim report. MA continues to be deep in the red.

I hope that the owners still are entustiastic about their creation and accept their current loss rate of about 1M$/year and dont pull the plug.

With the recent cost cutting and a what seems like a new focus on short term player content (Kim ftw) instead of the ususal investments in long term architecture and business development I think they have a good chance of breaking even for Q2-Q3.

Remember that the financial benefit of not having to support the SDS staff on our deposits didnt happen until late in the period (June?) and will be in full effect from now on.

What I think makes or breaks MA is their ability to make the game more fun to play for old veterans and new players alike in the next year or 2. For me the most important aspect is improved socializing functions and more need for teamwork. Interacting with orther ppl and team based goals is what keeps ppl in MMOs after the first discovery phase. The big successful MMOs have focused on that.

They won't be getting any peds from me soon for any of that.

They wouldn't get any PED from you for proxy chat even if you had it on as it is free :laugh:

Anyways, people complained at start that the range of the proxy chat was too short but I guess that you have the opposite problem? :silly2: why not just mute it when not chatting with someone?

They wouldn't get any PED from you for proxy chat even if you had it on as it is free :laugh:

Anyways, people complained at start that the range of the proxy chat was too short but I guess that you have the opposite problem? :silly2: why not just mute it when not chatting with someone?

Ya, I guess I was confusing proximity with voice calls that I subscribed to initially but decided msn works just fine and its free too, in either case, I turned them both off.

quote:
They increased 15% in profit & decreased 23% in costs (should of been 30% ). Thats awesome management.....
quote:
"The profit before taxes for the
MindArk Group amounts to minus 8.2
million SEK compared to minus 13.4
million SEK previous year."
quote:
..this is because planet Cyrene is on the way....

SOme time i really don t understand. MA say that lost less money but damn they still are not in positive. And this also considering that each year they sell some big, land area, medusa, cnd, island, malls, space ships etcetc. Planet cyrene??? i aspect big new from it but, i guess, it will soffer like arkadia. If you born there you will have no people to teach you, if you are from somewhere different you don t want to stay n a planet with almost no economy. Travels , moreover, are not safe. My guess???? MA will sell everythings and all this planet move is just to increase the MA value.

Is it better to have all of a small cookie, or a part of a big cookie?

It´s a hard question and it depends of the wish and management skills of the company. What I wrote was from the perspective viewing the company objectivly not as a player. As a player Im even more worried since they are getting these results by taxing the playerbase even more. Their current result is only a short term solution made from changing numbers in their bookkeeping/accountancy. You should know that raising taxes slows growth.

The epic failure of the sale of Calypso shows their intention but failure to pursue it. We have a pretty clear roadmap now for the future that MA has been holding back from us. MA needs to sell Calypso (again) asap to be able to continue with their roadmap. Hard fact is that getting more capital from investors is just a shortterm stopgap. With the layoff of the calypso development team things will slow down even more. From what I can see investors have lost alot of faith with MA since they see how SEE got shafted with their buy. If the PP´s get more power to decide the future of their platform as a whole and MA just sticks to earning their % from controlling the ped flow then Im hopeful.

On a sidenote Im quite worried about the increased alleged corruption among PP´s. Especially everything concerned with ND. Feels like MA is letting it slip trough on purpose due to their delicate situation. They are for a better word afraid to rock the boat.

I think that what we need right now to turn it all around is the success of one of the PP´s. One of those must show explosive growth in new players.

Last edited:
quote:SOme time i really don t understand. MA say that lost less money but damn they still are not in positive. And this also considering that each year they sell some big, land area, medusa, cnd, island, malls, space ships etcetc. Planet cyrene??? .

I am not sure about Swedish tax laws, but could it be that it would be financially beneficial to remain in a deficit?

I am not sure about Swedish tax laws, but could it be that it would be financially beneficial to remain in a deficit?

maybe i m wrong but you will not go pubblic if your balance is negative..............

Any people from sweden has an idea when final MA financial results for 2011 will be published ?
Would be interested to know what affect of CLD sales have on results.

Any people from sweden has an idea when final MA financial results for 2011 will be published ?

I am not Swedish, but I think legislation is pretty much the same all round Europe, so that'd give them about 6 months after closure of the year... so should be coming in about a month from now.

Yes, the annual report most be ready before 30th of June, MA usually publish it pretty late, next month i guess.

Back